Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 09:08 PM

889 posts, read 825,586 times

Advertisements

I just hated this movie. It is unbiblical, poorly acted, the dialog is horrible. It was all I could do to get through it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 11:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
I just hated this movie. It is unbiblical, poorly acted, the dialog is horrible. It was all I could do to get through it.
If you endured the pain and suffering to the end, you must be a fundamentalist?
And what makes you think that everything has to be according to the Bible?

Old 08-17-2017, 08:21 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I'm glad this movie,'The Shack', is shaking up evangelicals. They need a good shaking, IMO.

Engage The Culture!: It's NOT a Sin!
I guess some people love the smell of a little heresy in the morning.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:55 PM

889 posts, read 825,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you endured the pain and suffering to the end, you must be a fundamentalist?
And what makes you think that everything has to be according to the Bible?
Clearly, it does not. But I fear, it's Hollywood's version of real religion. Make it seem true, but bend it enough to confuse people. Oh, wait, apparently, Jesus hates religion.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I guess some people love the smell of a little heresy in the morning.
Are you not one of those who languishes over the smell of napalm (fire and brimstone) for all eternity?

Old 08-20-2017, 02:13 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
The Bible is all that matters, everything else is just the worlds opinion. There are so many comments on hell and the reasons you don't want or need to go there in the Bible. Jesus through His payment for our sins has made it a FREE gift to enter through Him to an eternity in heaven. Seal the deal believe the gospel of grace given to Paul and rest in the completed work of our Lord and Savior.......and the books and movies won't bother you at all.......

Old 08-20-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
The Bible is all that matters, everything else is just the worlds opinion. There are so many comments on hell and the reasons you don't want or need to go there in the Bible. Jesus through His payment for our sins has made it a FREE gift to enter through Him to an eternity in heaven. Seal the deal believe the gospel of grace given to Paul and rest in the completed work of our Lord and Savior.......and the books and movies won't bother you at all.......
The Penal Substitution theory is a false doctrine.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:09 PM

435 posts, read 250,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I'm glad this movie,'The Shack', is shaking up evangelicals. They need a good shaking, IMO.

Engage The Culture!: It's NOT a Sin!
It's a good movie. Well worth watching. Like Rob Bell's book "Love Wins".

It's available on youtube for a few dollars.

Love Wins Because God Is Love… | For Whom nothing is impossible…Love NEVER Fails!

Old 08-20-2017, 05:19 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
It's a good movie. Well worth watching. Like Rob Bell's book "Love Wins".

It's available on youtube for a few dollars.

Love Wins Because God Is Love… | For Whom nothing is impossible…Love NEVER Fails!

I agree, even as a non-Christian. It put the doctrine of the Trinity in an accessible format. More importantly, in my view, it portrayed the freedom that forgiveness brings for both the forgiven and the forgiver.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:20 PM

435 posts, read 250,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it." - Matthew 7:13-14
Matthew wrote "few" finding it. Paul says "many" will (Rom.5:18-19). Who is wrong? How to harmonize?

Rom 5:18 Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just act for all mankind for life's justifying."

Rom 5:19 For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just."

Answer:

Matthew was speaking in the present tense (not final destiny)

Paul was speaking in the future tense (final destiny).

Also Paul was teaching universalism. The "many" in v.19 is a Hebraism meaning all. Just as Jesus says He would give His life a ransom for "many" (Mk.10:45) which Paul says is "all" people (1 Tim.2:4-6).

https://www.tentmaker.org/books/hope_beyond_hell.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity