Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 09:56 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times

Advertisements

The minister is making it all about herself, and not the couple.

[mod]edit[/mod] Cowdog thinks it is about gender. He is incorrect.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-08-2017 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: corrected your spelling"cowbell"

Old 04-04-2017, 10:18 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
The minister is making it all about herself, and not the couple.

Cowdog thinks it is about gender. He is incorrect.
That's the problem, in a case like that, it is always about the preacher who wants to butt in as if he or she is almighty God, as if any of them is a righteous judge when most of them can't stay married themselves. What the hell do they know about real life in a real family? What are they going to do? Inform the woman that she should obey her husband as if he was God and they are not to speak in church unless they ask they husbands at home?

I can see the preacher right now telling the would be wife that she needs to have coffee set up for her husband cause she needs to get up an hour before him to fulfill her duties and by God she better have breakfast ready to feed and nourish her master before he goes to work, maybe she has a job and needs to quit, how dare she embarrass her husband by getting a job.

Above everything else, she shouldn't speak until she is spoken to.

This may sound exaggerated but trust me, it aint exaggerated depending on what preacher speaks to you. I am certain there are decent preachers out there but just the fact that there are crazy ones should cancel this nonsense out.
It aint none of their business and most of them don't even know what they are talking about.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-08-2017 at 06:22 PM..

Old 04-04-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That's the problem, in a case like that, it is always about the preacher who wants to butt in as if he or she is almighty God, as if any of them is a righteous judge when most of them can't stay married themselves. What the hell do they know about real life in a real family? What are they going to do? Inform the woman that she should obey her husband as if he was God and they are not to speak in church unless they ask they husbands at home?

I can see the preacher right now telling the would be wife that she needs to have coffee set up for her husband cause she needs to get up an hour before him to fulfill her duties and by God she better have breakfast ready to feed and nourish her master before he goes to work, maybe she has a job and needs to quit, how dare she embarrass her husband by getting a job.

Above everything else, she shouldn't speak until she is spoken to.

This may sound exaggerated but trust me, it aint exaggerated depending on what preacher speaks to you. I am certain there are decent preachers out there but just the fact that there are crazy ones should cancel this nonsense out.

It aint none of their business and most of them don't even know what they are talking about.
I attribute the interference to the fundamentalist ideology. I know a few preachers and they are more concerned with feeding the poor, getting them the best education, and a good job. These men and women work with the mentally ill, and in group homes. They work with the foster care system.

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-08-2017 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: Mispell "cowdog "once more and get infracted. Insult

Old 04-04-2017, 12:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
I attribute the interference to the fundamentalist ideology. I know a few preachers and they are more concerned with feeding the poor, getting them the best education, and a good job. These men and women work with the mentally ill, and in group homes. They work with the foster care system.

The fundamentalist ideology is more interested in the kind of sex people are having, and making sure women are made to cow tow. We see it here. Cowbell believes women, because of their gender are prevented from being at the pulpit.
If the minister is a female, this is not a fundamentalist congregation. Apparently the OP has disappeared and doesn't want to discuss it any longer.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-08-2017 at 06:24 PM..

Old 04-04-2017, 12:09 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:

The fundamentalist ideology is more interested in the kind of sex people are having, and making sure women are made to cow tow. We see it here. Cowdog believes women, because of their gender are prevented from being at the pulpit.
1 Corinthians 14
: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church. 36''WHAT?''came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

The highlighted is Paul rebuking them for what they said of women, amongst other things.

He rebukes them because they made their own rules, he quotes their rules and rebukes them.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-08-2017 at 06:28 PM..

Old 04-05-2017, 07:45 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
If the minister is a female, this is not a fundamentalist congregation. Apparently the OP has disappeared and doesn't want to discuss it any longer.
Do you mean fundamentalist or coercive?

Why can this not be fundamentalist?

Old 04-05-2017, 08:51 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Do you mean fundamentalist or coercive?

Why can this not be fundamentalist?
Fundamentalist churches do not allow women in ministry such as officiating a wedding.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Fundamentalist churches do not allow women in ministry such as officiating a wedding.
I said ideology not church.

Old 04-05-2017, 03:31 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
HUH???

Cite chapter and verse where Jesus said so...

Old 04-05-2017, 04:27 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
HUH???

Cite chapter and verse where Jesus said so...

Well, He did choose 12 men to be apostles.

Luke 6

12One day soon afterward Jesus went up on a mountain to pray, and he prayed to God all night. 13At daybreak he called together all of his disciples and chose twelve of them to be apostles. Here are their names:
Simon (whom he named Peter),
Andrew (Peter’s brother),
James,
John,
Philip,
Bartholomew,
Matthew,
Thomas,
James (son of Alphaeus),
Simon (who was called the zealot),
Judas (son of James),
Judas Iscariot (who later betrayed him).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity