Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 03:37 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It doesn't matter what I like.

It's not just words. By you making that statement, you prove yourself to be an unbeliever.

Was Peter ever born of the Spirit? If so, when?
I'm an unbeliever because I say that belief is MORE than a concept? That it requires a change? What do you THINK "baptism" IS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 03:51 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter what I like.

It's not just words. By you making that statement, you prove yourself to be an unbeliever.

Was Peter ever born of the Spirit? If so, when?
Wow, really?

Hear that Nate, you unbeliever you.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:52 PM

23,123 posts, read 10,422,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Did they use Jesus' words as He instructed? No. I do, so you had better take me seriously.

I am the good shepherd. Follow me and you will follow Him.

I am the light of the world. No one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because they will posses the light of life.

There are many here who do not have the light of life.

Enter by the narrow gate.

I am the narrow gate.

I am the gate. anyone who enters by me shall be saved.

I will follow you, O narrow gate that you are, will you save me, even me?

Nobody can save me, I am too wicked O good shepherd.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:19 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Did they use Jesus' words as He instructed? No. I do, so you had better take me seriously.
What if I don't?

Old 04-06-2017, 04:22 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I'm an unbeliever because I say that belief is MORE than a concept? That it requires a change? What do you THINK "baptism" IS?
I said that because if you truly had the Holy Spirit, you would know that being born of the Spirit is more than mere words. I don't say that because you don't agree with me... I don't care about you agreeing with me. I hope one day you are truly born of the Spirit.

Baptism? Whose baptism - John the Baptist's or Jesus'?

Old 04-06-2017, 07:34 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,783,911 times
Quote:
What if I don't?
If you do not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you have no life in you for my flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink.

I am the bread of life. I'm the bread that came down from heaven and gives life to the world.

I myself am the living bread.

The Lord and I are One.

Old 04-06-2017, 07:46 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
I said that because if you truly had the Holy Spirit, you would know that being born of the Spirit is more than mere words. I don't say that because you don't agree with me... I don't care about you agreeing with me. I hope one day you are truly born of the Spirit.

Baptism? Whose baptism - John the Baptist's or Jesus'?
You are a trip. I spend more than 4 posts to jimmiej and you stating that you need to demonstrate a change signaling MORE than acceptance of a concept to be a believer and THIS is what you say to me?

ANY baptism is a CHANGE, a very BASIC change which should show as your foundation in love. We were talking about the baptism of the Spirit though and the characteristics by which we can know that change.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:00 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times
Quote:
If you do not eat the flesh of the son of man and drink his blood you have no life in you for my flesh is true food and my blood is honest drink.

I am the bread of life. I'm the bread that came down from heaven and gives life to the world.

I myself am the living bread.

The Lord and I are One.
Are you Jesus, the one the gospels speak of?

Old 04-06-2017, 09:11 PM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You are a trip. I spend more than 4 posts to jimmiej and you stating that you need to demonstrate a change signaling MORE than acceptance of a concept to be a believer and THIS is what you say to me?

ANY baptism is a CHANGE, a very BASIC change which should show as your foundation in love. We were talking about the baptism of the Spirit though and the characteristics by which we can know that change.
Demonstrate to whom? Not to God, as He knows a person's thoughts. He doesn't need to see any demonstration on your part to know that you have trusted in Christ. Not to people, for eternal salvation is an issue between God and the believer. When a person is regenerated through faith alone in Christ alone he is saved whether or not anyone else knows that he has received Christ as Savior.

Being born from above, born again, regenerated, occurs at the moment of faith in Christ Jesus. The moment a person accepts as true the gospel message that Christ Jesus died for his sins with the result that he simply trusts in Him for eternal salvation God imparts eternal life to that person.

Cornelius and his household were born again, were saved and received the Holy Spirit even while Peter was still speaking the Gospel to them. They were saved before getting water baptized even (Acts chapters 10-11).

After salvation a believer may or may not grow up spiritually. He may or may not begin to ''demonstrate'' the fruit of the Spirit.

A person might hear the gospel message while drunk and think it makes sense and receive Christ as Savior. He is born again and has eternal life which he can never lose. But the next morning when he sobers up, he may reconsider and think the gospel message that he heard while drunk is foolish. But since he was saved in that moment when he did believe the gospel message he remains saved even though he now doesn't believe. That's grace.

Belief in Christ with the resultant regeneration may or may not be followed up by visible changes in the believer's life style. The idea that a person must 'demonstrate' a change or else he isn't really saved ignores the reality that after having been saved a person still retains his sin nature which is just as strong as ever and that he is capable of living just as any unbeliever lives. In fact, many unbelievers are more moral than many believers. Believers can be carnal. And if they stay in that carnal state they may never give any indication that they have been born again even though they have been.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:38 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,783,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Are you Jesus, the one the gospels speak of?
I am who I become. I am the One who lives. Jesus and I are One with the Father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity