Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:44 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,883,590 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=4]YouTube - Jesus did not come to be the Messiah?[/SIZE]
The Rev John Hagee of Cornerstone church denies that Jesus ... letter of clarification posted by Pastor John Hagee before you start to accuse him of "heresy" ...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0K1GEs2gAI - 82k

Is this really what the N.T. tells us? Is Hagee ignoring..........Mark 14:60-62 (NKJV)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 12:47 PM

2,984 posts, read 3,329,952 times
"Christ" & "Messiah" are totally synonymous, the former being derived from Greek, the latter from Hebrew.

Quote:
...the first thing he did (Andrew) was find his brother Simon...he said to him, we have found the Messiah (which is the Hebrew for Christ.) -St. John 1:41-
euriskei outoV prwton ton adelfon ton idion simwna kai legei autw eurhkamen ton messian o estin meqermhneuomenon cristoV

Old 03-07-2008, 11:56 AM

Default It's Working Now!!!!!

Not sure why this site quit working?? Here's a better way to see what Pastor Hagee is saying................
YouTube - Jesus did not come to be the Messiah?

This is in no means to bash Jewish people,this man has a huge following and makes a living preaching hate about other nations. Not, too say that some of his ideas are agreed upon. The Jewish people deserve the respect, that we all do. But, is it the Christians job, to do Gods work, in the way Pastor Hagee is going about?

Is he just doing the same as Iran's leader and trying to bring the World to it's knees.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:53 AM

76 posts, read 186,823 times
While I do not subscribe to Mr. Hagee's teachings, I understand he has made an explaination on his website regarding his statement about Jesus not coming as the Messiah. He says he is going to update the book and add more information. Here in I have a problem with this in that what does he intend to do about all the false statements floating around in the original book? I think he should have those books sent back to him and replaced with the new one by his ministry.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:12 AM

Default Sounding brass and tinkling cymbals!

Mr. Hageee does not have a clue as to the differences between the terms (names) in the Bibe, namely, Hebrews, Israelites, Judahites, Jews, The House of Israel, The House of Judah, and the present day state of Israel which is comprised of mostly Khazar Jews from southern Russia.
Mr. Hagee lumps them all into one catagory. He is so wrong when he says that Abraham, Issac, and Jacob were Jews. They were Hebrews.
Jacob, whose name was changed to "Israel" at Bethel, fathered 12 sons by 4 women. These became known as "The Children of Israel". One of Jacob/Israels sons was Judah. After the split of the kingdom of Israel into two houses, Israel and Judah, the southern House of Judah was comprised of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin and Levi. This southern House of Judah were the only ones known by the term "Jews", and more correctly, "Judahites"
I could go on here but I will spare you the details.
Furthermore, if Abraham was a "Jew" as Mr. Hagee claims, then that would make his first born son Ishmael a Jew as well.
In short, Mr. Hagee needs to take a hiatus and go back and study his Bible.
Please read Jeremiah 31:31 where God says that He will reunite the two houses of Israel and Judah. People, please study the word of God for yourselves and don't swallow everything you hear these TV hucksters tell you.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:34 AM

2,984 posts, read 3,329,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostball View Post
Mr. Hageee does not have a clue
The Thirteenth Tribe

Old 03-19-2008, 07:33 AM

Thanks Birdy_56, I have the book.
My Hagee never teaches about Josephs two half breed sons, Ephriam and Manasseh. They were a mix of Hebrew and Egyptian because Joseph married the Egyptian woman, Asenath. Jacob blessed both Ephraim and Manasseh and made them as much a part of the children of Israel as Jacobs other 12 sons.

The term Jew did not come into play until the nation of Israel split into the two houses of Israel and Judah under the reign of Solomons son, Rehoboam. Rehoboam became the king of the northern house of Israel and Jeroboam became king of the southern house of Judah. this story is in I Kings.
The northern house of Israel was never known as Jews. It was only the three tribes of the southern house of Judah who were known as Jews.

In Jeremiah 31:31 God says He will bring the two house back together again in the future.
Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Mr Hagee needs to go back and read his Bible again and find out just who the Jews really are.
And then Mr. Hagee needs to rewrite his sermons. He is wrong on so many counts.
This is to say nothing of the tone of his voice as he continues to yell and scream at the top of his lungs. I don't hear a tone of love and compassion for his "Jewish" people.
IMO he tries to make up in loudness for his lack of knowledge.

Mr Hagee aslo talks about relationships and especially that of husband and wife. I guess he just couldn't keep his first marriage together. I wonder what Martha thinks of all his ranting and raving... and his two children by her.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:01 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,024,786 times
Does anyone with the IQ of a snow pea care what this guy thinks? Can anyone say "publicity"?

Old 03-21-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
Does anyone with the IQ of a snow pea care what this guy thinks? Can anyone say "publicity"?
There are defiantly people who support his theory and believe his "END TIMES" idea. I just recently, in the past 6 months started paying more attention to him. He seems to be HIGHLY regard by the other well known preachers. But after researching some of his messages ,I'm just not sure what to think.

The Bush administration has used him quite often for spiritual guidance and he has pushed for Israel support. He's been the one warning the administration we should attack Iran. Just not sure if he's crazy or believes he can bring Jesus back faster by having the U.S. at war with MOST nations.
I was reading an article that claims he's buying Jewish people airplane tickets back to Israel. Not, sure if this is true.

Seems like he would be promoting Peace and Coexistence rather then the END of the WORLD.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:11 AM

Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
IMO, John Hagee does not have a clue as concerning the two houses of Israel. Namely, the House of Israel and the House of Judah, to say nothing of the difference between the present day "State of Israel" and the true Israelites.
The 3 tribed House of Judah, ie Judah, Benjamin and part of Levi, (known as the Jews) went into captivity in Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar.Years later they were allowed to return to Jerusalem because of another kings kindness to the House of Judah.
The House of Israel was also sent into captivity under the Assyrians. God divorced the House of Israel. You can read about the 'remarrying of God" to the House of Israel in the book of Hebrews. The House of Israel never came out of this captivity and was hence dispersed into all the world, never to be heard from again, so some people think today.
The "Jews" and/or the State of Israel cannot be the House of Israel today ... and I would venture to say that probably most of the people in the State of Israel are not real bloodline Jews today.
Think about the fact that there are only approximately 15 million Jews in the world today. The present day world population is just over 6 1/2 Billion. The present day population of the USA just turned 300,000,000. Only about 2% of the USA is Jewish.
Now, God told Abraham that He would make his (Abraham's) seed as the dust of the earth, the stars in the heavens, and many nations and kings would come from them. I ask you, where are they?? The present day State of Israel is not a prosperous nation and if the USA were to curtail funding of this State of Israel, they would fall to pieces in a few months, if not weeks of time. Also, where are the multitudes of "JEWS" that God told Abraham He would make of his seed?
Amos 9:9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations,.... You do the study and come to your own conclusions as to whether what Mr. Hagee is saying is true or not, and whether it's worth all the effort he is putting into it. Remember this, God does not need mans help in whatever He deems necessary for the House of Israel or the House of Judah
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity