Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 04:28 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times

Advertisements

I want to see demons and ghosts.

Are they smart enough to know you wimps don't want them bothering you and I want them to?

Can't you guys pray to have them come my way?

Guess non belief is the cure for the infestation.

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 04-28-2017 at 04:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 05:21 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times
Ghosts represent something inside of us which was unpleasant, which we thought that we had conquered, but which we fear might come back to haunt us.

Old 04-28-2017, 07:55 AM

689 posts, read 549,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Ghosts are supposed to be the spirits of people who have died but are unable to move on from this plane of existence for one reason or other.
Ghosts are visible images manifested by spirits capable of doing so. But the first thing is a 'communication channel' must be set up before one can have a 'connection' with the 'outside world'. This requires a 'leakage' or exposure of your soul to the 'outside world'.

There are several possibilities there for such a connection to be established;

1) born with
some people often claim that they saw ghosts. they are born with a defect that occasionally there is an exposure of leakage of the soul to the outside world. This at the same time is speculated by the capable spirits to manifest an image for him to see as a ghost.

2) at the moment of a health issue
when someone is sick, especially mentally speaking, there could be an occurrence of an exposure/leakage for a spirit or spirits to get the chance to establish the 'communication' with him for him to see ghosts

3) explicit or implicit ritual process signifying an invitation
For example, one can play the demon board game which actually serves as an invitation for a capable spirit around to establish a 'communication' for those playing the game to 'see ghosts'. They can't actively approach humans unless invited because humans are allowed to sin freely in this world to get to any possible consequences. So the capable spirits may take the chance in the case of an explicit or implicit invitation.

In any case however, the 'ghost' can be in anyone's image. That is when you see the 'ghost' of one of your close relatives, it may not be him. It's just a image manifested by a capable evil spirit around.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:56 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,725,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Ghosts are visible images manifested by spirits capable of doing so. But the first thing is a 'communication channel' must be set up before one can have a 'connection' with the 'outside world'. This requires a 'leakage' or exposure of your soul to the 'outside world'.

1) born with
some people often claim that they saw ghosts. they are born with a defect that occasionally there is an exposure of leakage of the soul to the outside world. This at the same time is speculated by the capable spirits to manifest an image for him to see as a ghost.

when someone is sick, especially mentally speaking, there could be an occurrence of an exposure/leakage for a spirit or spirits to get the chance to establish the 'communication' with him for him to see ghosts

For example, one can play the demon board game which actually serves as an invitation for a capable spirit around to establish a 'communication' for those playing the game to 'see ghosts'. They can't actively approach humans unless invited because humans are allowed to sin freely in this world to get to any possible consequences. So the capable spirits may take the chance in the case of an explicit or implicit invitation.

In any case however, the 'ghost' can be in anyone's image. That is when you see the 'ghost' of one of your close relatives, it may not be him. It's just a image manifested by a capable evil spirit around.
yes demons and or familiar spirits that once inhabited your dead relative. and it knows their secrets .

Old 04-29-2017, 10:42 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
yes demons and or familiar spirits that once inhabited your dead relative. and it knows their secrets .

Exactly. Peace

Old 04-30-2017, 03:01 PM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I know there are those here who believe in demons, do any of you believe in ghosts?

The reason I ask this is because I kind of like the idea of houses being haunted and people being able to see ghosts, (but I don't want nothing to do with any demons). It seems feasible to me that after passing on that some people might be trapped in a certain realm just beyond the veil because of fear - perhaps they are afraid of going to the light. Now I could never say with certainty that I believe in ghosts, but I can say with certainty that I LIKE trying to believe in them and I love ghost stories and shows about ghosts.

I suppose since this is the Christian forum you may also feel free to tell me why this is forbidden by God and dangerous, etc... Hey, it's like Halloween in April!
The subject of demons and ghosts is one clouded and obfuscated by Hollywood and popular literature. Popular culture is unclear as to their specific nature abilities and purposes.

Generally speaking a demon is a fallen angel. These creatures are of the same substance as God's holy angels albeit one whose nature has been perverted. Demons exist within a 'pecking order' or authority of higher and lower powers - the chief being one called 'the opposer', 'the accuser', 'the dragon' or 'the power of darkness'.

Generally speaking a ghost is a disembodied human spirit. These creatures are tied or connected to some physical location and repeat their abberent behavior over and over. In rare instances they can attach themselves to a living person for purposes of affecting them badly in some way, but generally they are pegged to specific locations and actions. They 'fade' over time due to gradual loss of the identity they acquired in life.

For example, the best way to evict a ghost from a haunted house is to perform a remodeling job. A new set of windows, fresh coat of paint, erecting or removing a wall, etc. will eventually de-haunt a house or apartment. This will not come without resistence from the ghost, however, but in the end will effectively and permanently remove the entity. This works because the remodeling job changes the self-image held by the ghost. It will resist the change until change is completed. The active principle here is that things do not change in eternity, while in space-time things change all the time. Change is a powerful weapon against a ghost.

A fresh 'ghost' may reveal shape and near-physical quality to the living. They may be mistaken for a living person. As they wither, these disembodied human spirits lose their apparent self-image and become mere spots of light or no visible apparition at all. Eventually they fade into oblivion - they DIE spiritually. This is the second death of which Jesus spoke.

Movies and stories about ghosts and demons are inaccurate. It is extremely dangerous to attempt to deal with a demon. Such contact and action should be avoided if at all possible. The matter can be made worse when attempted by inept persons whoose only knowledge of spiritual realities is Hollywood or Harry Potter books. The ONLY effective weapon employed against a demon is the blood of Christ. Unless a living human has been born again it should not be attempted. Even then extreme caution should be observed. Fools walk in where angels fear to tread - is not simply the title of an old song. It has spiritual substance to it. Don't fool around with things you don't understand. The likelyhood of injury is high.

Acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour will insure eternal life. Those who do not do so are subject to the second death.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Old 12-17-2017, 04:24 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times
People who believe in ghosts are of the gullible type. They're prime prey for social predators.

Old 12-17-2017, 06:31 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Without commenting on what it was, many years ago, back in the early seventies or late sixties, I don't remember the exact year, my brother and I visited my mother in the hospital. We were walking toward an elevator and we saw a man get on the elevator just before we did. We reached the elevator before the doors completely closed and reopened them and got on and went to the next floor and got off. After getting off I asked my brother if we hadn't seen a man get on the elevator just before we did. He said that he thought so too. The man we had seen get on the elevator just a second or two before we did wasn't there when we got on. He had simply vanished.

Because of that experience I feel that people shouldn't be too quick to dismiss another person's claim to have had a personal encounter of an unexplainable nature. Reality is more than we know. More than we can normally detect with our senses.

Old 12-17-2017, 07:28 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
I experienced phenomena while living in an old house that could be attributed to discarnate entities.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:14 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post

1) born with

Hmmmm.....you seem to know an awful lot about evil spirits Hawkins.....I say to you fellow christians that we get our torches and pitchforks and head over to Hawkin's house and deal with this. We will do God's work by throwing you into a bonfire. That'll teach you good to mess with the occult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity