Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 05:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
and my name IN Hebrew would be Rennah that doesn't make me a hebrew.....
And if you had spelled it as Rinnah, it would translate to "ringing cry" which would explain all of the !!!!!!! you used.

Quote:
The name Rinnah occurs only once in the Bible. He's mentioned among the sons of Shimon, in the genealogy of Judah (1 Chronicles 4:20).
Rinnah | The amazing name Rinnah: meaning and etymology
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 05:26 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
I'll cover a few parts of your post that are incorrect that I underlined. If you look up the original names of the disciples, nearly all are Aramaic and a few are Grecian. Thus most were not Jews. Since the NT was written in Greek, there were probably only a few actual Jews. You have documents you call gospels that you take on faith as being truth, but have no facts to prove that they are no more than romanticized letters.
The disciples were all Jews and will as Jesus told them sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel as stated in Matthew 19:28.

And the New Testament documents, about half of them written by Paul, a Jew, have every bit as much authority as the Old Testament books, and are just as much the word of God.

Old 04-29-2017, 05:49 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
And if you had spelled it as Rinnah, it would translate to "ringing cry" which would explain all of the !!!!!!! you used.

Rinnah | The amazing name Rinnah: meaning and etymology
I am pretty sure annoying squeeky sounds is going to be my name in the next age..

Old 04-29-2017, 05:55 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
In other words you have no bible words to support your belief that the Bible is God's cake hole.
Knucklehead.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:03 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The disciples were all Jews and will as Jesus told them sit on twelve thrones and judge the twelve tribes of Israel as stated in Matthew 19:28.

And the New Testament documents, about half of them written by Paul, a Jew, have every bit as much authority as the Old Testament books, and are just as much the word of God.
Pretty much since the Christian Old Testament books are not a direct translation of the Tanakh. The Christian Old Testament books have been modified to be in line with the New Testament. Since there is already a lengthy thread that covers this, you can continue this tangent there.

Thousands reportedly witnessed Jesus's miracles, but where are the documents?

Old 04-29-2017, 06:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Knucklehead.
You've gotta to ask yourself one question PG, do i have a bible verse that proves the mouth of God is the bible, well do ya PG ?.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
LOL! Yeshua is a Greek form of Joshua.

Simon Peter:Aramaic:Simon (Shim'on):means G-d has heard:Peter (Cephas/Kephas) means rock
Andrew:A Greek name means Adam, man, manly:He's Peter's brother
John:Aramaic/Hebrew: (Yochanan):means G-d is gracious
James/Jacob:Aramaic: (Ya'aqov):means to follow, heel
Thomas:Aramaic: (Tau'ma):means twin
Matthew:Aramaic: (Mattityahu):means gift of G-d
Simon the Cananaean:Aramaic:means the zealot or jealous one
Philip:A Greek name:means lover/friend of horses
Bartholomew:Aramaic:means son of farmer/furrow/hill (He was also known as Nathaniel)
Judas Iscariot:Aramaic: (Yehuda):means praised one
James the younger:Aramaic: (Ya'aqov) means to follow, heel
Matthias(chosen after Judas):Aramaic: (Matityahu)variant of Matthew:means gift of G-d
Thaddaeus:Aramaic:means heart:brother of James

Furthermore:
Mark is Latin (Marcus) and means sea green or hammer
Luke is Greek (Loukas) and means from Luciania (Italy)
Timothy is a Greek name that means honoring G-d
Titus is Latin and means to honor or defender

And fwiw Rennah is Greek. The closest it gets to Hebrew is Yiddish and Yiddish is a European Jewish created language that is not used biblicaly.

you need to stop fibbin..https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=H7440&t=KJV
the old testament is written in hebrew and three or four forms of that word are in all parts of the hebrew bible from the start to the end ! maybe a few loan words have similar roots or are hints of loan words of their neighbors and shares roots of their language ( which greek share (AE)Lycian roots with hebrews which is what I really am (AE)lycian) .
so Egyptians/ Menes / Mizraim must not have a good R sound either but instead substitute a Q type sound for R sounds. But the (AE)Lycian rooted languages seems to have an R sound but it seems it was destroyed with the menegewi wars in the new world .

Old 04-29-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You've gotta to ask yourself one question PG, do i have a bible verse that proves the mouth of God is the bible, well do ya PG ?.
do you have a scripture that prove you have a mouth? well do you!

Old 04-29-2017, 06:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
do you have a scripture that prove you have a mouth? well do you!
Yes i do. Death and Life are 'IN" power of the tongue And those who love it will eat its fruit.

For by YOUR WORDS you will be justified, and by YOUR WORDS you will be condemned."

Camps the Punk feeling lucky

Old 04-29-2017, 07:04 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Pretty much since the Christian Old Testament books are not a direct translation of the Tanakh. The Christian Old Testament books have been modified to be in line with the New Testament. Since there is already a lengthy thread that covers this, you can continue this tangent there.

Thousands reportedly witnessed Jesus's miracles, but where are the documents?
You avoided addressing what I just told you. You denied that the disciples were Jews and I just showed you that they were.

With regard to the Old Testament, I merely stated that the New Testament is just as authoritative and as much the word of God as the Old Testament. And that's regardless of whether the reference is to the Hebrew Tanakh which is simply based on the Masoretic text, or to the Septuagint which is a Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible and which in some places seems to follow a different Hebrew text than the Masoretic text, or to the Dead Sea scrolls. When the New Testament quotes the Old Testament it often quotes the Septuagint. The Septuagint which is pre-Christian at times varies from the Hebrew Tanach which suggests that there were various Hebrew texts in existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity