Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 07:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

When people die, their beliefs die with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 08:12 PM

425 posts, read 276,472 times
-
It's commonly believed that heaven is sort of like the peak of a high mountain. All around the periphery of the mountain are numerous roads all leading to the top, i.e. no matter which road you take; the destination is the same.

But according to traditional Christianity; there aren't many roads to the top: there's only one; all the rest are dead ends, loops, and cul-de-sacs. If traditional Christianity is right; then an awful lot of people are facing a very unpleasant future. For example, according to my sources, there are approximately:

50 thousand Scientologists
15 million Mormons
8.2 million Jehovah's Witnesses
7.8 million Baha'i
515.9 million Buddhists
451.3 million Chinese Folk Religionists
8.4 million Confucianists
258.5 million Ethnic Religionists
974.6 million Hindus
5.6 million Jains
1.7 billion Muslims
14.1 million Jews
64.2 million New Religionists
2.8 million Shintoists
24.9 million Sikhs
14.2 million Spiritists
8.7 million Taoists
640 million Non Religious
138.8 million Atheists

The grand total of just those categories is 4,852,950,000

If those figures are in the ball park, and if traditional Christianity is the truth; then at the least 66% of the earth's currently estimated population of 7.388 billion people are on a road to hell; and no doubt some of those are people we know: our friends, our relatives, and our associates.

Of the remaining 34% it's impossible to know for sure which are hell-bound and which are heaven-bound. But one thing we do know for sure is that not all Christians are heaven-bound.

Matt 7:22-23 . . Many will say to me on that day: Lord, Master; did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name? Then I will declare to them solemnly: I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.

NOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons are Christians, yes, but not in the traditional sense.

Joseph Smith's movement is a cult; in other words: there's some Christianity in Mormonism, but Christianity comprises only a portion of Mormonism. The rest of it is extreme, to say the least.

Neither do Jehovah's Witnesses qualify as Christians in the traditional sense. Charles Taze Russell's movement is also a cult. There's some Christianity in the Watchtower Society's doctrines, but Christianity comprises only a portion of Russell's doctrines; and his slant on it is very peculiar.

/

Old 04-30-2017, 08:16 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
When you guys talk about sheep Vs goats and wheat Vs tares you do realize you are talking about human beings right?

Old 04-30-2017, 08:41 PM

1,204 posts, read 872,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Most regulars on this forum know my view on Salvation what I want to say is never being around dogs or owning one before 2008, and against what I wanted, I gave into to my wife and her desire to have a dog. I told her on her this condition I will be ok with it, you pick up the poop, feed it, walk it and everything that I had no idea about having a dog. Anyway my wife comes home a week later after picking the dog up and finds me rolling on the floor with her and talking to her like I was her Daddy.. Anyway it ended up I walked her, fed her and picked her poop and said it wasn't good for her to be alone, so I went and bought a Crazy West Highland terrier so she had a sister Both of these beautiful dogs have taught me so much and taught me stuff no human could ever do. Now that is Salvationl
I love you last little bit here. Funny thing, we often hear/read that "dog is god spelled backwards".

2 deaf boxers and an Old English sheepdog at our house bring a huge amount of joy,

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-05-2017 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: Red is reserved for moderator actions.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:35 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Just as in the days of Noah so will it be at the coming of the son of man.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:00 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
there is no rapture. Knpck it off!

Old 05-01-2017, 08:00 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
"Saved" from what ...the wrath of God? At times I suspect that it MUST just be me that doesn't see the logic behind this kind of religious teaching. It HAS to be just me. See, it doesn't make sense (to me) that a God who desires that NO ONE be destroyed, i.e. that EVERYONE be saved (2 Peter 3:9) would make such rules in the first place knowing that most WILL perish. Moreover, 'repentance' is kinda tricky since, as long as we continue to 'sin', i.e. remain imperfect for as long as we live, then we will all die with 'sins' that are NOT 'repented' of. Is there a 'clause' in the scheme of things that make allowances for a 'sin' that was not repented of because we couldn't gasp it out in time?
Yes, Jesus. If you repent, accept Jesus' death as payment for your sins, you are righteous before God.

2 Corinthians 5

21*For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:12 AM

425 posts, read 276,472 times
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
When you guys talk about sheep Vs goats and wheat Vs tares you do realize you are talking about human beings right?
There's a very good chance that my eldest nephew, and both my parents, are already in hell. My sister and two of my brothers may very well be on their way there too. So yes, I'm fully aware that we are talking about human beings; some of them my own kin.

The dreadful fact is: according to Jesus Christ's testimony, as a credible expert witness in all matters pertaining to the afterlife; the majority hasn't been making it to safety when they cross over to the other side.

Luke 13:22-24 . . And he went through the cities and villages, teaching, and journeying toward Jerusalem. Then said one unto him, master, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matt 7:13-14 . . Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matt 22:14 . . For many are called, but few are chosen.

Webster's defines "many" as consisting of, or amounting to, a large but indefinite number; while "few" is defined as consisting of, or amounting to, only a small number; viz: relative to many then, few is the lesser. Bear with me while I flesh this out.

According to the US Census Bureau: as of May 01, 2017 @ 09:26 am New York Time, the resident population in the United States was approximately 324,964,223 with a death rate of approximately one every 12 seconds; which translates to an average of 7,200 American deaths of all ages, races, and genders during just one 24-hour calendar day.

According to 2009 US Census data; roughly 27.3% of America's daily deaths are under the age of 19, which would indicate that approximately 5,234 of the current daily death rate per 24 hours are adults.

Giving the "many" the benefit of the doubt by limiting their maximum percentage to 51%, would indicate a minimum of 2,670 American adults transferring to perdition every day: which translates to roughly 111 per hour.

That's a very conservative estimate as Christ didn't really specify exact percentages to represent the quantities of "few" and "many". But just think: by the time CBS completes its half hour evening news report, a bare-bones minimum of 55 Americans become new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld.

Using the ratio of 2,670 condemned souls per 324,964,223 population: computing the number of condemned souls worldwide from a currently estimated global population of 7,387,937,000 people, would suggest something like 60,701 new arrivals in the fiery sector of the netherworld every 24 hours; which translates to approximately 2,529 souls every sixty minutes on the clock.

That rate would fill the 51,800 seats of Yankee Stadium to capacity in roughly 20 hours and 48 minutes. In other words: if the world's daily number of condemned souls started filing into the stadium at 06:00 am this morning, then by 02:48 am tonight, the stadium would be full to capacity.

Christmas and New Year are even worse. A study done of 26 years of death certificates shows that coronary fatalities are, on average, 11.9% higher on those days than any other days of the year; with non-heart deaths spiking to 12.2% higher.

Traditional Christianity's hell never closes; no, not at all: it's open for business 24/7/365 nonstop and indifferent to global warming, Wall Street crashes, massive layoffs, outsourcing, high school shootings, terrorism, tsunamis, earthquakes, nuclear meltdowns, air, water, and soil pollution, freeway pile-ups, brown-outs, threatened species, the price of oil, student debt, GMO, trade deficits, protests, Federal debt, factory recalls, overpopulation, desertification, genocides, revolutions, civil wars, acid rain, road rage, oil spills, conscious decoupling, ISIS, LGBT marriage, Obamacare, blood diamonds, fracking, twerking, and/or President Trump's twitters.

If traditional Christianity's perception of Jesus Christ and the hereafter is correct; then it's apparent that souls never stop cascading into the abyss in an endless procession like the unbelievable millions of poultry broilers passing annually through Tyson processing plants on their way to Wendy's, McDonalds, Carl's Junior, Jack in the Box, Burger King, Chic-fil-A, KFC, A&W, Arby's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, et al; and to supermarkets and restaurants all over the USA and wherever else Tyson vends its meats. The slaughtering and the butchering never stop.

/

Old 05-01-2017, 09:41 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with eloquent words of wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. 18For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written: “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”…

If this exercise or question seems funny to you there's possibly a good reason. Wide is the way to destruction and narrow is the path to a saving faith. How wide is the way? at the flood everybody on the planet perished except for 8 in Noah's camp. Today is the same as it was in Noah's time, it is fashionable to joke about Christianity and God has been thrown out of our society. So mega groups and the intelligent don't mean a thing to God, He's above them all and He gave a gospel to believe and died for our sins........and said to all of us BELIEVE ME AND WHAT I SAY and you will live......that is, turn your life over completely and trust Him always. He gave us ALL a gospel to believe.........How many know what that is?

Rom 2:16 on that day when, according to my gospel, God judges the secrets of men by Christ Jesus.

So if you don't have a clue.......maybe you had better get in the book............(hint there have been two gospels, only one applies today)

I have read some informed opinions on how many will be saved out of the population today and I put it at around 5%....and that could be generous. (A huge number will be martyred and saved out of the upcoming Tribulation) my opinion and 3$ will buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks, only Jesus knows for sure......let's hope that percentage is way off.

Here is the good news.......Jesus wants ALL to be saved and you can do it right where you are......HE paid 100% of the price for us.......you can add nothing to what was done at the cross.......

Old 05-01-2017, 10:11 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Just out of curiosity and to see what the forum thinks......the rags like USA today and others report 80% of the USA is Christian, when you can look around and see that is totally off the mark. No one but the Lord can look on the heart and know for sure, but I'm talking about born again gospel believing spirit filled brothers and sisters actually in the "body of Christ" that will be going up in the rapture..........
Almost all of them.

I think the ones who are obsessed with this question fall into two broad camps: 1) Those who distrust God's redemptive power and love and 2) Those who are obsessed with being among the elect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity