Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 01:08 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,685,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
"if you are ok with the vast majority of humanity suffering eternally"? who said anyone is ok with it?
I said I would not Judge those ( God, Yeshua , Queen of sheba, Peter etc ) who judge them when it happens..
just because you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't going to happen just as Jesus and Enoch said.
this fact that there is as much evidence for a eternal hell as there is against it, IS FACT>> and that fact is why we all need to get off our dead beat luke warm butts and get people to the foot of the cross. before their own sins crucify them or they burn in hell forever which ever comes first doesn't matter.
they have to come to repentance to be saved period!! if not they face one or the other of these punishments .
Not ONE SOUL is dependent on you to get them "saved". if by "saved" you mean reconciled to God. To think so is a delusion of grandeur. The gospel will be heard by all - God has spoken it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 07:33 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,980,317 times
Re the OP...only G-d knows and He likes it that way. Peace

Old 05-02-2017, 09:08 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,760,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If you don't mind, I will trust the Apostle Peter over you, regarding Paul.
Peter had no clue.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty. The water I give him shall be like a well inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

Take this and drink it for this is my blood.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:01 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,088,343 times
Only God knows- my guess in America is 5-10%.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:40 AM
Status: "Without God, life is tragic and absurd." (set 23 days ago)

20,357 posts, read 12,637,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Peter had no clue.

Anyone who drinks the water I give him shall never become thirsty. The water I give him shall be like a well inside him rising up to provide eternal life.

Take this and drink it for this is my blood.
And yet, Jesus told Peter, "Feed My sheep." Peacegiver, I'm afraid it is you who has no clue.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:02 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,684,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Not ONE SOUL is dependent on you to get them "saved". if by "saved" you mean reconciled to God. To think so is a delusion of grandeur. The gospel will be heard by all - God has spoken it.
is John in " a delusion of grandeur" when jesus told him this ?

And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. Rev 10:8
¶
And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
Rev 10:9
¶
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
Rev 10:10
¶
And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
Rev 10:11
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

but He loves people enough to not want one to be thrown in the pit described here , and he proved it and prove it again. John still has work to do even after his death at the end of the ages . why is that arrogant to say will you be part of God's plan to do that .. or will you be sitting in judgment of John or God?

Rev 20:11
¶
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

if this last word and only truth as it is the last word on this subject !!
and this reality is so burdensome that we should all stand in judgement of God's judgement and in hatred of God laws and God's wisdom and God's kingdom and His rights . and so judge him and not even knowing if it it is better or worse and not even knowing how the seeds of our own sins will do to our selves and if that too is for eternity.. and if that is better or worse than what these who know squat have determined in their minds as the worse and judge God for it . maybe it is not worse than being destroyed by your own sins forever or over and over !! has no one asked if the first option might be the worst of all ? to be consumed by what you created in this life and thus subject to your own sins/laws of usurping and to the demons that help in that process of creating those seeds of death for all eternity?
Then how many of us have fasted and prayed or done anything to bring his truth to this world or even asked him to be part of his solution which is the great harvest of the end of the ages ? to become part of whatever is the answer John will see and be part of that when he will be peaching to many people and kings and nations ?

who will even will be part of that great revival with JOHN ? who has begged and done whatever the spirit has been asking of you because you LOVE people or children or weak or the helpless that much as to carry real burdens of their souls, who has had any concern about their souls except to complain about his plans? who has fasted for peoples eternal salvation of any one person ? who has given up even one meal for someone you love to come to salvation at the cross ? who has cried for the children in the tribulation. who has begged to be part of the solution that JOHN is part of ?
who has cried or fasted or prayed with tears for the souls of the child of abortion , those souls who are crying out from the ground? and will you love them when they are resurrected ? will you sacrifice for their good and their souls ? who even wants to be part of His plan to bring all who wills salvation and to any who still wants it? or maybe the church plan to just sit on a cloud someplace ?
or will we just argue and judge Him for his words and judge his plan and his reason and his justice and his stand and who will only stand condemn him ? and not be part of his solution ?

here is a very interesting video I just found m it has some interesting points to pray about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_JdKOB6fI

Rev 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

what are priests ? are they people who carry the burdens of other souls and bring them before the Father and unto repentance ? so who of us are doing that now ?
we are to humble ourselves at his feet and ask him how we can serve Him and beg him to be part of when and how He serves mankind. He already carried all those burdens to the Father ! will we pick up our crosses and follow him , do as he did ?
ultimately he will usurp no ones will. And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
that may sound arrogant to you but I will say no one ever promised anyone life will be fair. but I will say a man will end with Justice or Mercy . They or God choses that not you and not me!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-02-2017 at 12:10 PM..

Old 05-02-2017, 09:52 PM

9,940 posts, read 4,869,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Saved from the penalty of sin, which is spiritual death.
If the penalty was just spiritual death then Adam and Eve would still be alive today. - Romans 5:12
The penalty for Adam was ' returning ' back to the dust of the ground according to Genesis 3:19
So, Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
Adam went from non-existence, and returned back to non-existence which is more than spiritual death.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:59 PM

9,940 posts, read 4,869,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Just as in the days of Noah so will it be at the coming of the son of man.
Earth was full of violence in Noah's day - Genesis 6:11.
No one was raptured, but rather saved/delivered/rescued through the Flood.
In our day, the saving/delivering/rescuing will be by coming through the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14.
That is how the humble meek will then inherit the Earth as Jesus promised.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:45 PM

11,688 posts, read 3,544,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
is John in " a delusion of grandeur" when jesus told him this ?

And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings. Rev 10:8
¶
And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
Rev 10:9
¶
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
Rev 10:10
¶
And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
Rev 10:11
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

but He loves people enough to not want one to be thrown in the pit described here , and he proved it and prove it again. John still has work to do even after his death at the end of the ages . why is that arrogant to say will you be part of God's plan to do that .. or will you be sitting in judgment of John or God?

Rev 20:11
¶
And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14
And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

if this last word and only truth as it is the last word on this subject !!
and this reality is so burdensome that we should all stand in judgement of God's judgement and in hatred of God laws and God's wisdom and God's kingdom and His rights . and so judge him and not even knowing if it it is better or worse and not even knowing how the seeds of our own sins will do to our selves and if that too is for eternity.. and if that is better or worse than what these who know squat have determined in their minds as the worse and judge God for it . maybe it is not worse than being destroyed by your own sins forever or over and over !! has no one asked if the first option might be the worst of all ? to be consumed by what you created in this life and thus subject to your own sins/laws of usurping and to the demons that help in that process of creating those seeds of death for all eternity?
Then how many of us have fasted and prayed or done anything to bring his truth to this world or even asked him to be part of his solution which is the great harvest of the end of the ages ? to become part of whatever is the answer John will see and be part of that when he will be peaching to many people and kings and nations ?

who will even will be part of that great revival with JOHN ? who has begged and done whatever the spirit has been asking of you because you LOVE people or children or weak or the helpless that much as to carry real burdens of their souls, who has had any concern about their souls except to complain about his plans? who has fasted for peoples eternal salvation of any one person ? who has given up even one meal for someone you love to come to salvation at the cross ? who has cried for the children in the tribulation. who has begged to be part of the solution that JOHN is part of ?
who has cried or fasted or prayed with tears for the souls of the child of abortion , those souls who are crying out from the ground? and will you love them when they are resurrected ? will you sacrifice for their good and their souls ? who even wants to be part of His plan to bring all who wills salvation and to any who still wants it? or maybe the church plan to just sit on a cloud someplace ?
or will we just argue and judge Him for his words and judge his plan and his reason and his justice and his stand and who will only stand condemn him ? and not be part of his solution ?

here is a very interesting video I just found m it has some interesting points to pray about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3_JdKOB6fI

Rev 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

what are priests ? are they people who carry the burdens of other souls and bring them before the Father and unto repentance ? so who of us are doing that now ?
we are to humble ourselves at his feet and ask him how we can serve Him and beg him to be part of when and how He serves mankind. He already carried all those burdens to the Father ! will we pick up our crosses and follow him , do as he did ?
ultimately he will usurp no ones will. And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
that may sound arrogant to you but I will say no one ever promised anyone life will be fair. but I will say a man will end with Justice or Mercy . They or God choses that not you and not me!
You seem to think that because people don't agree with your interpretation that they are disagreeing with or judging God.

In scripture we are urged to use our reason and to test the spirits.

the popular theories of rapture, Christians going to heaven, all non-Christians being tortured eternally seem to me to be distortions.

You quote revelation saying that the lake of fire is an actual lake of fire that all non-Christians are thrown into but we are also told the that book of revelation is signified, meaning that it is full of symbols, with candlesticks, beasts with heads and horns and crowns, a Lamb, woman clothed with sun, moon and stars, horses breathing fire and brimstone. To me it seems that the lake of fire is symbolic as well as it says that the lake of fire is the second death.

The first resurrection happens for the first fruits and they are not hurt of the second death.
The second death is for all things against the law of God
Resurrection is from death, the second death is still death.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all

Traditional Christianity says that God only saves the first fruits who belong to Christ and the harvest is thrown away.
They think that there is no end where Christ rules and subdues all and then hands the kingdom back to his father .....

the last enemy to be destroyed is death.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:46 PM

1,220 posts, read 981,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Just out of curiosity and to see what the forum thinks......the rags like USA today and others report 80% of the USA is Christian, when you can look around and see that is totally off the mark. No one but the Lord can look on the heart and know for sure, but I'm talking about born again gospel believing spirit filled brothers and sisters actually in the "body of Christ" that will be going up in the rapture..........
...rapture? going up? Jesus isn't coming to tickle your fright and flight fancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity