Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2017, 12:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
John 14:15 - If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.

John 14:21 - He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me

John 15:10 - If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

To be clear, this is not a matter of salvation - but solely a matter of us loving God... and to love God, we need to keep His commandments. Those commandments could be what's in Scripture, or it could be something he commands to our spirit today.

Some of the Scriptural commands...
  • Love God and your neighbor as yourself (John 13)
  • Go and make disciples (Matt 28)
  • Do this in remembrance of Me (Luke 22)
  • Forgive offenders (Matt 18)
What is his command to you? ....... To love one another as i have loved you, abide in his love, love your enemy, love your neighbor as yourself, love mercy, forgive 70 times 7, do good to those that spitefully use you, walk the extra mile....... Do you see a trend here ?....... Of cause way to wishy washy luvvy dovey for a fundamentalist who thinks believing in the bible is what God looks down upon with approval. You can't make this stuff up, i know, it so hard to acknowledge how deep(deeply in error) you are when you have become comfortable with your beliefs, the cost of letting go of them is painful...... But I cannot begin to tell you of the great freedom you experience by stepping out of the belief system of bible fundamentalism, better still it frees you up completely from the condemnation you denied you were under while still a fundy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 01:12 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What is his command to you? ....... To love one another as i have loved you, abide in his love, love your enemy, love your neighbor as yourself, love mercy, forgive 70 times 7, do good to those that spitefully use you, walk the extra mile....... Do you see a trend here ?....... Of cause way to wishy washy luvvy dovey for a fundamentalist who thinks believing in the bible is what God looks down upon with approval. You can't make this stuff up, i know, it so hard to acknowledge how deep(deeply in error) you are when you have become comfortable with your beliefs, the cost of letting go of them is painful...... But I cannot begin to tell you of the great freedom you experience by stepping out of the belief system of bible fundamentalism, better still it frees you up completely from the condemnation you denied you were under while still a fundy.
You just don't "get" it. The FLESH is what is condemned, so that the SPIRIT can raise up. Flesh here is not their outer carcass or the person themself, it's what CONTROLS them. Paul said it's not the (natural)thing (INCLUDES YOU, YOURSELF) but the spirit BEHIND THE THING (there is a spirit in man), that is the problem.

When the house of a MAN has the unclean spirit cast out (of him at moment of receiving the HOLY SPIRIT), it will return to see if you have filled that GAPING HOLE IN YOUR SOUL (where swine/unclean spirits have rent your garment/soul) with anything (swept AND GARNISHED = filled with the Spirit of G-d and HIS WISDOM) else.

Else = the Holy Ghost, who comes both as Teacher and to search out even the darkest corners of the heart of man, to REMOVE THE ROOT, so that fruit cannot multiply. Multiply = 7 spirits worse (fullness of darkness) than him (him being initial state of being before basic salvation took place).

For truly, it would be better if we had never known Him, than to know Him and refuse Him that calls from heaven (He sits at the right hand of the Father in heaven and HE has shed forth what you now see and hear). Hereafter, we'll not know Him after the flesh (INCLUDING HIS AND YOURS), but after the Spirit, who divides/cuts asunder Spirit and flesh (including HIS).

This happens, as we were shown in our example, because Herod always seeks to kill the firstborn son before he can mature to take over the temple.

If the Word, ANY PART OF THE WORD, offends us, we have to agree with it while we are in the way with it (while it empowers the adversary), and let it bring death to the flesh of us, BEFORE we can reconcile it in the Spirit. We CANNOT just cast it off from us as if it is of none effect, because we don't want it to be, and G-d forbid teach others to do the same thing or then it becomes a millstone around our neck. Peace

Old 07-20-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You just don't "get" it. The FLESH is what is condemned, so that the SPIRIT can raise up. Flesh here is not their outer carcass or the person themself, it's what CONTROLS them. Paul said it's not the (natural)thing (INCLUDES YOU, YOURSELF) but the spirit BEHIND THE THING (there is a spirit in man), that is the problem.

When the house of a MAN has the unclean spirit cast out (of him at moment of receiving the HOLY SPIRIT), it will return to see if you have filled that GAPING HOLE IN YOUR SOUL (where swine/unclean spirits have rent your garment/soul) with anything (swept AND GARNISHED = filled with the Spirit of G-d and HIS WISDOM) else.

Else = the Holy Ghost, who comes both as Teacher and to search out even the darkest corners of the heart of man, to REMOVE THE ROOT, so that fruit cannot multiply. Multiply = 7 spirits worse (fullness of darkness) than him (him being initial state of being before basic salvation took place).

For truly, it would be better if we had never known Him, than to know Him and refuse Him that calls from heaven (He sits at the right hand of the Father in heaven and HE has shed forth what you now see and hear). Hereafter, we'll not know Him after the flesh (INCLUDING HIS AND YOURS), but after the Spirit, who divides/cuts asunder Spirit and flesh (including HIS).

This happens, as we were shown in our example, because Herod always seeks to kill the firstborn son before he can mature to take over the temple.

If the Word, ANY PART OF THE WORD, offends us, we have to agree with it while we are in the way with it (while it empowers the adversary), and let it bring death to the flesh of us, BEFORE we can reconcile it in the Spirit. We CANNOT just cast it off from us as if it is of none effect, because we don't want it to be, and G-d forbid teach others to do the same thing or then it becomes a millstone around our neck. Peace
I read the first line and that was enough. God condemned SIN "IN' the flesh not the flesh.

Old 07-20-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I read the first line and that was enough. God condemned SIN "IN' the flesh not the flesh.

Not surprised you don't want to deal with it, it makes your house of cards doctrine fall to the ground like cherry blossoms in May.

Better do a study on "flesh", for all flesh is not the same flesh. And duh, He condemned sin via, or IN THE FLESH, the flesh that hung on the cross. He took UPON HIMSELF the sins (read flesh here, for sins are the "flesh" created by the principality of sin, WHICH PRINCIPALITY = THE SPIRIT BEHIND THE THING) of the world (to that point and forever after to those that call upon His name).

See, that's why He said the prince of this world cometh, but he hath NOTHING IN ME. Because that's exactly what qualified Him as a perfect SPOTLESS (no swine holes rent His soul) sacrifice, according to the law.

Which kinda makes sense now doesn't it, in light of the other comments about those who make themselves SPOTS in our feasts of charity (His TRUE sacrificial love), and how He's coming back for a "church"/bride WITHOUT SPOT or wrinkle ie. no "pages" of the WEDDING garment/redeemed soul have any "disconnects" due to errors, all threads of doctrine are perfectly woven together into a seamless/without beginning or end, garment? Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 07-20-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 07-20-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Not surprised you don't want to deal with it, it makes your house of cards doctrine fall to the ground like cherry blossoms in May.

Better do a study on "flesh", for all flesh is not the same flesh. And duh, He condemned sin via, or IN THE FLESH, the flesh that hung on the cross. He took UPON HIMSELF the sins (read flesh here, for sins are the "flesh" created by the principality of sin, WHICH PRINCIPALITY = THE SPIRIT BEHIND THE THING) of the world (to that point and forever after to those that call upon His name).

See, that's why He said the prince of this world cometh, but he hath NOTHING IN ME. Because that's exactly what qualified Him as a perfect SPOTLESS (no swine holes rent His soul) sacrifice, according to Jewish law. Peace
Give me 1 scripture where it says God condemned flesh. Of cause all flesh is not the same within the scriptures, but i will ask again, give me 1 scripture where it says God condemned flesh.

To be fleshly minded is sin and death(or as Ozzyrules mentioned sin and depression)

When we sow to the flesh FROM THE FLESH(Not from God) WE reap destruction. God did not condemn flesh, it serves his purpose to bring us to our senses.

Did the Prodigals Father condemn him for operating in the flesh, or did the Father know that the thing that drew him away would be thing that would put him on his knees and come to his senses?.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Give me 1 scripture where it says God condemned flesh. Of cause all flesh is not the same within the scriptures, but i will ask again, give me 1 scripture where it says God condemned flesh.

To be fleshly minded is sin and death(or as Ozzyrules mentioned sin and depression)

When we sow to the flesh FROM THE FLESH(Not from God) WE reap destruction. God did not condemn flesh, it serves his purpose to bring us to our senses.

Did the Prodigals Father condemn him for operating in the flesh, or did the Father know that the thing that drew him away would be thing that would put him on his knees and come to his senses?.

I already did, or actually you did, I just clarified it.

Did He tell him to stay and still eat swine's flesh once he left? Peace

Old 07-20-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I already did, or actually you did, I just clarified it.

Did He tell him to stay and still eat swine's flesh once he left? Peace
No you haven't . Quote it if you have. Not your interpretation of it, but 1 scripture that states God condemned flesh. You know perfectly well that it doesn't, just like you know perfectly well that the scripture you think says God condemned flesh, actually says that God condemned "SIN IN" the flesh. It is your doctrine not mine that is on dodgy ground not mine.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:11 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:
Well, you need to go back in, farther and DEEPER than you ever did before, because you skipped the basics, according to His Word, of course. Peace
Would that be the "word" that you interpret as a rule book?

It's interesting to note that Jesus gave almost His entire life message with the Sermon on the Mount (reflecting as it does Moses' instructions to the Hebrews from a mountain as well).

But Jesus' message was quite free with its interpretation of the OT that you still have in stone in your heart. Jesus starts reflecting on the OT by saying "not one jot nor tittle will pass away," and then goes on to ALTER the OT words SIX times with "you have heard it said, but I say unto you."

In some cases Jesus was TOUGHER than the OT laws as in "if you look upon a woman with lust in your eye you have already committed adultery." But then again He absolutely OPPOSED OT law when He said "you have heard it said an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth (Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, [God Himself speaking in Deut. 19:21]) but I tell you love your enemies and pray for those who persecute yo."

In other words, Jesus REINTERPRETED OT Scripture to give us a new covenant founded in the love He displayed for sinners while shunning and rebuking the rules proponents of that OT.

What you need to do is study to show yourself approved unto God, RIGHTLY dividing the word of truth. It's the one thing that is almost always absent from the secrecy of the "word" you tout while steadfastly refusing to see God in anyone beside yourself. And that's probably accurate since it appears that you think of yourself as a god of sorts, fit to chastise others for their "sins" despite Jesus saying judgment was reserved to the Father.

But if you really ever receive the HG you will be overcome with the magnitude of your sin, the enormity of God's ability to love you regardless, and the fruit will be that you can extend grace and mercy to others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfMm6cHPjzE

Until you really know you are loved you will remain unable to love others as God loves you.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:25 PM

Warden, i was only thinking today about Jesus' little message about no worrying. Not once did he say the bible says this or the bible says that. He said look at the birds of the air and consider the lilies of the field . How very new age of him to teach this way and worse still not use the scriptures to back up the truth he was trying to convey.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:32 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,710,915 times
Quote:
That would be an all day job, digging up your past comments, one I'm not interested in undertaking. Anyone following them, knows I spoke the truth; that's good enough for me.

Like it or not, the Holy Ghost is a required part of our walk to G-d as He is represented in the INNER court of the Tabernacle of G-d, requiring a change of garments, as was shown also in the pattern, for way to approach a Holy G-d. No small wonder then, we read of those being refused entrance because they didn't have on a WEDDING garment. Again, it's not about simple salvation, it's a question of dying to self and being sanctified/set apart for a totally different kind of service than the flesh is capable of performing, and obedience to Him and His Word. You and all your cohorts are simple using tongues, which at it's base service is to provide proof He is risen (IN YOU), as a smokescreen to avoid the death of the cross, because that's His job too, to DRAG us to the cross. But then again, Jesus knew such as would betray Him.

And again, there is a difference between siting obvious slurs and having flesh offended by them, or having them in any way disturb the true peace He gives. The wheat and the tares are raised up together. The life of that hit me long ago and so the tares raising up don't faze me. Peace
The story of the wedding garments is about those who refused to prepare themselves---kind of like your refusal to study the words of men (except in the Bible and skipping the contradictions, of course) that God has blessed and led to a higher understanding of what simply cannot be interpreted in one particular way.

I agree we die to self---and live for others--by loving them as Jesus commanded.

Finally, when talking about spiritual things, "truth" is difficult to always assess. If you are sure you have it, the rest assured you don't.

From another "ordinary" man, Coach John Wooden, "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/q...den106379.html

"Seek opportunities to show you care. The smallest gestures often make the biggest difference.”

"You can’t live a perfect day until you do something for someone who will never be able to repay you.”

“Happiness begins where selfishness ends.”

"Listen if you want to be heard”

Now I'm sure you will call John Wooden just another "man of the flesh." But then so was Jesus, and you refuse to listen to Him either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HAb408XUPs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity