Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 03:22 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Otherwise your opinion means nothing here since this is a Christian Forum.
And where does Christianity claim to spring from?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 03:39 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
I am using my bibles. I am a Christian, aka a Disciple of Christ. This is the Christianity forum. Are you confused?

For all of the above, I'd like bible verses included, just as I did with you. Nothing more, nothing less

Otherwise your opinion means nothing here since this is a Christian Forum.

If not, you are breaking the rules here. No one gets to discuss the validity of the bible here.

Sorry just a heads up you are not in the correct forum at the moment
Just want to point out that per the forum rules Richard is in the correct forum

Quote from rules . "Everyone is free to post in any forum. For example, the Christianity forum is for discussions about Christianity, but there is no requirement that a person be a Christian in order to post there"

1 peter 3:15 But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to articulate a defense to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But respond with gentleness and respect,

Last edited by Meerkat2; 05-07-2017 at 03:49 PM..

Old 05-07-2017, 04:17 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,026,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post

Quote from rules . "Everyone is free to post in any forum. For example, the Christianity forum is for discussions about Christianity, but there is no requirement that a person be a Christian in order to post there"

1 peter 3:15 But in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to articulate a defense to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But respond with gentleness and respect,
I am not sure what your rebuttal is to??

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 05-07-2017 at 04:40 PM..

Old 05-07-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post

Gee, thanks, Meer...

Old 05-07-2017, 04:39 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Gee, thanks, Meer...
Lol....

Old 05-07-2017, 04:41 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,026,393 times
RULES

In order to preserve the peace and harmony in the Christianity forum, the moderators have agreed that the following policy is in order. Please adhere.
This is the Christianity forum, where we discuss issues about Christianity. Obviously, the existence of God/Jesus is a given in such discussions, so arguments against the existence of God are off topic in the Christianity forum. Please confine any such discussions to the main Religion & Spirituality forum.

This is the definition of Christianity per Websters
Definition of Christianity

1. 1 : the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies

The above ^^ is the foundation for discussions in this forum and we do not have discussions questioning the above. It is the foundation for our discussions in order to promote peace here, that's all

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 05-07-2017 at 05:57 PM..

Old 05-07-2017, 05:53 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,783,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I'm qualified to go to heaven for one reason only. The same and only reason that anyone else is qualified to go to heaven. That reason is that when I simply trusted in Christ Jesus for eternal life I was imputed with the perfect righteousness of Jesus and eternal life was imparted to my soul giving me the both the life and the righteousness which allows me to have an eternal relationship with God.

Romans chapters 3 through 5 addresses the issue of justification and righteousness through faith in Jesus.
This ^^^

Old 05-07-2017, 07:35 PM

Quote:
RULES

In order to preserve the peace and harmony in the Christianity forum, the moderators have agreed that the following policy is in order. Please adhere.
This is the Christianity forum, where we discuss issues about Christianity. Obviously, the existence of God/Jesus is a given in such discussions, so arguments against the existence of God are off topic in the Christianity forum. Please confine any such discussions to the main Religion & Spirituality forum.

1. 1 : the religion derived from Jesus Christ, based on the Bible as sacred scripture, and professed by Eastern, Roman Catholic, and Protestant bodies

The above ^^ is the foundation for discussions in this forum and we do not have discussions questioning the above. It is the foundation for our discussions in order to promote peace here, that's all
So, Jesus wasn't a Jew?...

Old 05-07-2017, 07:52 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
So, Jesus wasn't a Jew?...
Yes and no., his identity was with his Father.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:13 AM

Quote:
RULES

Thanks for the rep...

look up the definition of christianity will ya before posting in the Christianity forum asking where "it claims" to spring from. . It will help you immensely regarding discussions.

It claims to spring from Judaism...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity