Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 02:36 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,020,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Thanks for the rep...

look up the definition of christianity will ya before posting in the Christianity forum asking where "it claims" to spring from. . It will help you immensely regarding discussions.

It claims to spring from Judaism...
You're very welcome although I don't remember it but glad it was helpful

Anyhow to your side question-there will just be question after question from you until you find a bible based church who can provide you a Christian (disciple of Lord Jesus Christ) to witness to you the plan of salvation.

Faith comes by hearing so this forum isn't the correct venue to really help but I'll attempt it

Jesus was known as the second Adam. Only because he shared as being perfect in the flesh (sinless), during the short time he was on earth. The WORD became FLESH,(John 1:14) and flesh without a sin nature (1John:3:5 yet without compromising his Deity. Jesus always was, he existed in heaven with GOD before he was birthed of the virgin mary. Just as GOD always was, JESUS always was as part of the Godhead. All throughout the bible this is unmistakable. Meaning you cannot read it an interpret anything different (unless you have reading or learning disabilities of course). The #1 tactic of Cults, non christian religions, is changing Lord Jesus' diet

Every other being was CREATED

Lord Jesus came down from heaven to atone for our sins on the cross. We were bought for a price. Prior there were animal sacrifices which atoned for individual sins, including a spotless lamb (yes Jesus is also called the spotless lamb of God-1Peter 1:18-20) and goats. But it never saved people from being damned for their sins. All of their sins were nailed to the cross with Christ, and when he rose again, all sins for those who belong to him, were forgiven. Hence our new birth. For Christians, we died with Christ on that cross and rose with him as a new creation. A new birth,

Jesus had to identify with whatever bloodline he was birthed into as an infant. Here is his family tree
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...+1&version=MSG - Moses is similar in that respect though Moses was just a man (a created being) he identified most of his life with a different bloodline he understood he was birthed into

A foundational understanding Christianity is important because it offers the means to salvation. Try to find a bible based church which teaches the basic principals regarding Christians. Acts 11 is a good read to start on your own. To understand how Diciples of Lord Jesus became known as Christians.

Your side-note questions seem easily answered by just googling but I wanted to get you going on the basic foundation for your own salvation. A forum isn't the way to salvation. You need to find a bible based church and get paired up with a Christian A.K.A Disciple of Lord Jesus Christ so you can be saved.

I can't help much beyond what I've posted except to direct you to find a bible based Christian Church. You need a Disciple of Christ to help teach you the teachings of Lord Jesus and plan of salvation. Feel free to send me a message with your town and state and I'll assist you with locating a good bible based church. I wish you the best of luck

*whew* sorry for getting sidetracked here. Now back to the OP!!!

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 05-08-2017 at 03:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 03:11 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,699,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
List your reasons........
to the question no! ... the request no thank you ..

Old 05-08-2017, 03:22 PM

Where else do the holy Saints go then if they don't deserve to go to heaven?

They don't belong in hell

That is where the Sinners go

Old 05-08-2017, 03:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,126,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Where else do the holy Saints go then if they don't deserve to go to heaven?

They don't belong in hell

That is where the Sinners go
Nancy, i never said anyone is not deserving or deserving, i am more about returning where we came from. As for eternal hell, it's a myth.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
No. God gave us the gift of His grace and mercy because He loves us that much. Not because I deserve it.
If you are a Sinner then you do not deserve it, I agree with you

But if you belong to him, meaning you are a Saint, then yes, you deserve it

So you need to figure out which one is applicable to you

Saints not only deserve it, they are purposed it

Last edited by NancyDrew1; 05-08-2017 at 03:42 PM..

Old 05-08-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Nancy, i never said anyone is not deserving or deserving, i am more about returning where we came from. As for eternal hell, it's a myth.
That was a general question though originally, it was mistakingly applied to you. Not sure if you saw it. I edited it since then.

Thanks Gramps for your posts, I enjoy them

Old 05-08-2017, 03:41 PM

Eternal Hell
And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name (Revelation 14:11)

People are assigned an immortal body at death, hence why the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever. Never to be quenched because the assigned eternal body isn't like our fleshly body which would normally be burned up and the fire eventually goes out. Sort of like how the worm "does not die" and the fire "is not quenched" This is also why the Rich man wanted Lazarus, who floated about in Abrahams bosom, to warm his family about this place of hellfire while he begged for some water to cool his tongue. He was told that his family wouldn't believe it anyhow, even if someone arose from the dead! And of all of the good things The Rich man got on earth (and horded, causing Lazarus to starve to death) and now Lazarus n turn, eternally is experiencing the good things like being eternally comforted- Luke 16:19-31

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life (Matthew 25:46).

Mark 9 Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea. 43“If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire, 44where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:35 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,137,984 times
Appreciate all the candid answers.......very interesting.....

Answering my own question: I richly deserved hell if judged on my own merits.....all are fallen and I'm part of the all.....I'm destined to be in heaven only through the grace and mercy of Jesus who loved me enough to die and pay for my sins when I believed not just IN Him, but believed He was dead and buried and rose to new life on the third day. A free gift from the almighty CREATOR of the universe...........

Grace and peace

Old 05-08-2017, 11:08 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,020,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyDrew1 View Post
Eternal Hell
And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name (Revelation 14:11)

People are assigned an immortal body at death, hence why the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever. Never to be quenched because the assigned eternal body isn't like our fleshly body which would normally be burned up and the fire eventually goes out. Sort of like how the worm "does not die" and the fire "is not quenched" This is also why the Rich man wanted Lazarus, who floated about in Abrahams bosom, to warm his family about this place of hellfire while he begged for some water to cool his tongue. He was told that his family wouldn't believe it anyhow, even if someone arose from the dead! And of all of the good things The Rich man got on earth (and horded, causing Lazarus to starve to death) and now Lazarus n turn, eternally is experiencing the good things like being eternally comforted- Luke 16:19-31

And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life (Matthew 25:46).

Mark 9 Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea. 43“If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than, having your two hands, to go into hell, into the unquenchable fire, 44where THEIR WORM DOES NOT DIE, AND THE FIRE IS NOT QUENCHED.

Omg. You've really drunk the kool aid here Nancy. You need to do a search on whether they had the words eternal, eternity, forever, etc. In original language of the Bible. The shortish answer is there was never any concept of infinite duration in language - it is a fairly recent invention. The original words were olam (Hebrew) and aion (Greek) and they mean age-during - a span of time appropriate to an age. For context, the aion of a man's life was known to be 70 years. So, then you have the biblical end of the ages, after which Father will be all in all, ....and it changes the whole damn story, from the one most, including me, swallowed in their early faith years.

John Wesley Hanson's thesis on tentmaker is what turned me.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Omg. You've really drunk the kool aid here Nancy. You need to do a search on whether they had the words eternal, eternity, forever, etc. In original language of the Bible. The shortish answer is there was never any concept of infinite duration in language - it is a fairly recent invention. The original words were olam (Hebrew) and aion (Greek) and they mean age-during - a span of time appropriate to an age. For context, the aion of a man's life was known to be 70 years. So, then you have the biblical end of the ages, after which Father will be all in all, ....and it changes the whole damn story, from the one most, including me, swallowed in their early faith years.

John Wesley Hanson's thesis on tentmaker is what turned me.
I will study this, thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity