Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 08:14 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,496,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
so we are continuously crucifying Christ with each sin we commit????

Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God. He suffered physical death, but he was raised to life in the Spirit.

Should I crawl over broken glass to prove my repentance is true?
Yes we do keep offending Jesus when we sin. We need to repair our relationship with Him each time we sin. We need to repent and do penance. Not crawl over broken glass but do something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 09:03 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,768,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
You are always picking and choosing which of Jesus's actions you are supposed to follow. I guess this is one that you approve of, correct?

I happen to differ very greatly from what you believe. And I think it's absurd to take this action as something to follow. No, actually I think it's just plain moronic.
What you said was false. I corrected you. Period.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:50 PM

11,884 posts, read 3,672,992 times
Quote:
Exactly. The Bible is meant to be read in private, absorbed, and understood correctly.

But never to be spoken.

"Meditate on it, but do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth." (paraphrase)
I agree that we are to read, absorb and understand the scriptures correctly, but disagree when you say we are not to quote them. When we quote from the scriptures we do need to be aware of the context though, just quoting a passage out of context to support your doctrine does not make the doctrine correct.

I think the meaning of not departing from your mouth means not to cease rather than not to be spoken.

Old 05-10-2017, 09:57 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,534,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I prefer to LISTEN to what He says....so much more personal, don't you think?

Where in the bible does Jesus say--READ MY WORDS?
Where in the Bible does it say we should not smoke cigarettes?

If you refuse to Read the words of Jesus you have nothing. We don't have audio records. Just the printed word.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:08 PM

11,884 posts, read 3,672,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Where in the Bible does it say we should not smoke cigarettes?

If you refuse to Read the words of Jesus you have nothing. We don't have audio records. Just the printed word.
Lol..... we do not just have the printed word, we have the spirit

Old 05-10-2017, 10:20 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,768,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Lol..... we do not just have the printed word, we have the spirit
True, but the only Spirit I can trust is the one who lives in me.

Old 05-10-2017, 10:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,336,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What does repentance mean to you ?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It doesn't mean exit through the gift shop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It also doesn't mean grieve the Holy Ghost by bypassing the gift shop. Peace
A renewing of the mind and heart has led me through the food court.
Where I AM responsible for what I eat and drink, or what is consumed.

And I don't use credit cards.

Old 05-11-2017, 06:49 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times
Quote:
Exactly. The Bible is meant to be read in private, absorbed, and understood correctly.

But never to be spoken.

"Meditate on it, but do not let this book of the law depart from your mouth." (paraphrase)
So when Jesus said "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation", He meant that everyone has to come up with their own stuff

Old 05-11-2017, 07:18 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,108,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What does repentance mean to you ?.
Making a change for the better- turning away from wrongdoing. This begins with agreeing with Gods point of view on my sin, confessing it (owning it), and doing my best to turn away from it- whether it be a behavior, attitude, etc.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,197,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I would think the men who knew Jesus when He was on earth and taught them would know Him the most. They wrote about Jesus so I will believe them.
TheBOOKS WERE WRITTEN NEARLY 100 years after Jesus lived...the oldest complete set to survive is closer to 300-400 years after His death..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity