Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 10:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Indeed. I heard an interesting monologue recently, of a man who went through his perceptions of 'God' from being a new born, with no knowledge, through all the character genre's associated with the various Christian views - you can imagine them. And now he's back at square one; no knowledge, and therefore also no judgements, but with awareness that he is spirit. ...The only thing lacking in his final view for me is the aspect of an unconditional loving Father - and that's the only thing. Being back at square one has a refreshing element to it.
Yes it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2017, 10:34 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You cannot stop what is within coming out, Jesus taught out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Behind every word we speak is thought, and we can be thinking from a spiritual mind which will result in words that are wholesome, and life and peace, or we can think carnally which will result in words that are sin and death( which to be frank is what most bible fundamentalists speak from). Death and Life are IN the power of the tongue. Imagination is the beginning of creation. Namaste

Why am I not surprised that you would take exception to what I shared on the subject? Yes, you can stop it by having it REMOVED from your heart in the first place, ie. cleaning the INSIDE of the cup, which is what the HG does so well, seek out the hidden things of the heart, and then delivers you of them. Or you can proclaim through imaginings that it is not there. Peace

Old 05-11-2017, 10:37 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Why am I not surprised that you would take exception to what I shared on the subject? Yes, you can stop it by having it REMOVED from your heart in the first place, ie. cleaning the INSIDE of the cup, which is what the HG does so well, seek out the hidden things of the heart, and then delivers you of them. Or you can proclaim through imaginings that it is not there. Peace
It's a primitive belief which contradicts the scripture, that is why.Namaste

Old 05-11-2017, 10:38 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
First use of the term...

Genesis 9:6 - Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man.

Hebrew term for "shed" - shaphak - to spill forth (blood, a libation, liquid metal; or even a solid, i.e. to mound up); also (figuratively) to expend (life, soul, complaint, money, etc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Assassin's Creed
Sounds more like man has made God into their own image.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How so - if the Lord is the One making the statement in the verse?
Man comments murder, and he is the father of his own lies.
It is also man who seeks revenge for an injury or wrong suffered.

If, a man raped my daughter, cutting-off her arms, so she could not fight back.
I would be hard pressed, not to hunt down the beast - taking his life in return.

"Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."

Is there really a difference in the undertaking of that promise?

Old 05-11-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:

And what primitive belief that contradicts what scripture, would that be? Here's what I said to refresh your memory...

"There's another way to shed blood. The woman/soul/womb/heart that gives off issues of unclean/corrupted Word.

Guard your heart, for out of it come the issues of LIFE, but only if the life of the Spirit is what is in it, and not the death of the fleshly desires, appetites, and self-satisfying, flesh enlivening doctrines that keep the unclean blood flowing instead of being pregnant with, and ultimately, birthing the Son. This is why a menstrual woman is unclean and why it is a Jewish idiom for idolatry. Peace"

Old 05-11-2017, 11:49 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
I don't see that which is natural as filthy rags.
However, taking a life would be unnatural.

Old 05-11-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I don't see that which is natural as filthy rags.
However, taking a life would be unnatural.

Actually what you said here goes along with what I said above, as the "filthy rags" that are our righteousness are a direct allusion to the Jewish idiom of menstral rags of a woman who has NOT become pregnant and birthed a Son, which is due to idolatry, which is us stubbornly trying to create our own righteousness apart from Him WHO IS our righteousness. Peace

Old 05-11-2017, 10:00 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
There is no need above concern.
Instuctions are given only to those that forget the letter.

Greet know one the road.
"They say evil is good:
No purse nor sandal will be found by force.
Take care to clear the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity