Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 11:56 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,735 times

Advertisements

God uses the evil to punish the evil. I don't think the modern church understands this widely. I was impressed with this sermon until the very last part where he says God will not save those who bow down and worship him when they finally see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYUk-fcTg0k

Last edited by RainMusic; 05-17-2017 at 12:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 12:43 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
God uses the evil to punish the evil. I don't think the modern church understands this widely. I was impressed with this sermon until the very last part where he says God will not save those who bow down and worship him when they finally see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYUk-fcTg0k

I am pretty sure hell would be putting me in a padded room where I would have to listen to this guy all day everyday.

Why have you done this to me? That is 30 min I aint never gonna get back.

Were you mad at me?

I guess it isn't entirely his fault for not knowing what is going to happen or what heaven is, but he certainly don't know.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
How about God uses the sun to shine on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change . Dyer

Old 05-23-2017, 07:48 PM

63,778 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Old 05-23-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I wasn't speaking about God shining righteousness on everyone. I was speaking about the way God judges the world. I guess in your mind, no one is ever judged. Doesn't make any sense to me, the way you try to tell it. Sure, it would be great if no one was wicked and no one needed to be punished, but clearly, that is not the case. Otherwise, why, why, why would God allow suffering, rage, pain, blood, mortality and death ?

Old 05-23-2017, 08:46 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
I wasn't speaking about God shining righteousness on everyone. I was speaking about the way God judges the world. I guess in your mind, no one is ever judged. Doesn't make any sense to me, the way you try to tell it. Sure, it would be great if no one was wicked and no one needed to be punished, but clearly, that is not the case. Otherwise, why, why, why would God allow suffering, rage, pain, blood, mortality and death ?
I know what you mean and agree that there is accountability and God uses nations to punish nations. I think where it gets mixed up is those who have been exposed to traditional theology of Jesus followers = good, everyone else = bad and eternally tormented that the knee jerk reaction can be to deny punishment.

**In Christian speak punishment seems to = eternal torment

Last edited by Meerkat2; 05-23-2017 at 09:25 PM..

Old 05-23-2017, 09:52 PM

63,778 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Those of us who believe that God gave us Dominion over this earth by His Sovereign Will do not expect God to intervene and revoke our Dominion. The only judgment necessary is the reaping of whatever we sow. If after our death we have to experience every harm or hurt we have ever inflicted on anyone else and NOT repented for while refining out the dross from our Spirit ---- and our victims experience healing of their Spirits, comforting, and love ---- then what need is there for further judgment.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:29 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
It is written in the prophets;

"The wicked shall remain wicked they will have no understanding but the wise will have it."

Old 05-24-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I know what you mean and agree that there is accountability and God uses nations to punish nations. I think where it gets mixed up is those who have been exposed to traditional theology of Jesus followers = good, everyone else = bad and eternally tormented that the knee jerk reaction can be to deny punishment.

**In Christian speak punishment seems to = eternal torment
Thanks for clarifying. I don't believe anyone is all good or all evil. Nor do I believe in eternal torment. So I am not a modern traditional Christian. Without consequences to sin, how would we ever learn righteousness?

Old 05-24-2017, 06:52 AM

10,089 posts, read 6,420,662 times
Quote:
So, do you think that "suffering, rage, pain, and blood" are only visited on wicked people? What about cancer victims, victims of drunken drivers, murder victims, victims of child abuse, or terrorism victims? Were all of those people who were being "judged" and in need of punishment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity