Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 07:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Can you imagine actually knowing what it is we should be doing?....... I suppose it starts with unconditionally forgiving those who don't know what they are doing, rather than guilting and shaming them into changing their ways. I know for sure we don't know what we are doing when we hold the world guilty in the eyes of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 07:44 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
dude was hurting bad at the time.

Forgiving us would be like us forgiving a lion that eats the cubs.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:52 PM

19,033 posts, read 27,599,679 times
It is very wise.
Everyone on earth, outside of few enlightened, lives in a dream. In the East this world is called Maya, illusion. Everyone lives off the past hoping into the future and completely missing present.
This is why world people live in is a mental illusion.
God is in present.
We lost grasp of god.
We are sleepwalkers, day dreamers.
As such, we do not know what we are doing.
Is person that kills someone in his dream liable for real court hearing and jail time?
Besides, we are all part of creation and only creator is responsible for creation.
This is why Christ, who knew the truth, said - Father, forgive them, as do they know not what they are doing.
True.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:58 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
Here's what we should be doing.......

Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, since God is making his appeal through us. We plead on Christ’s behalf: “Be reconciled to God.”

Old 05-18-2017, 08:30 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you imagine actually knowing what it is we should be doing?....... I suppose it starts with unconditionally forgiving those who don't know what they are doing, rather than guilting and shaming them into changing their ways. I know for sure we don't know what we are doing when we hold the world guilty in the eyes of God.
Yes......It is as simple as love God and love your neighbour as yourself BUT if you look at the world you can see a lot who do not do this.... we need to hold onto the love, sometimes we see a part of the plan then pride comes in and we revel in our own knowledge and think it is about us instead of Gods kingdom which is this

Gal 5:16 But I say, Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another; lest whatever you may will, these things you do.
Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under Law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you beforehand, as I also said before, that the ones practicing such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 meekness, self-control. Against such things there is not a law.
Gal 5:24 But the ones belonging to Christ crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not become vainglorious, provoking one another, envying one another.

God has his plan which he is revealing progressively .......

The law was added for those who do not do not love God and love neighbour ...... the reconciliation is through Christ

Old 05-18-2017, 09:08 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
To forgive is not to say that's okay. It doesn't mean what you think it means.

God's ways are not man's ways.

It is an act of giving.

For-give.

When one forgives their neighbor they give them life, God's word.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:15 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yes......It is as simple as love God and love your neighbour as yourself BUT if you look at the world you can see a lot who do not do this.... we need to hold onto the love, sometimes we see a part of the plan then pride comes in and we revel in our own knowledge and think it is about us instead of Gods kingdom which is this

Gal 5:16 But I say, Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another; lest whatever you may will, these things you do.
Gal 5:18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under Law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkenness, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you beforehand, as I also said before, that the ones practicing such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 meekness, self-control. Against such things there is not a law.
Gal 5:24 But the ones belonging to Christ crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts.
Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not become vainglorious, provoking one another, envying one another.

God has his plan which he is revealing progressively .......

The law was added for those who do not do not love God and love neighbour ...... the reconciliation is through Christ
I'd like to add

Romans 7

5For when we lived according to the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the Law were at work in our bodies, bearing fruit for death. 6But now, having died to what bound us, we have been released from the Law, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

I see many scriptures stating that we are free. I can't understand why people keep claiming we are sinners and we should call ourselves liars if we have ever lied.

Old 05-19-2017, 12:14 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'd like to add

Romans 7

5For when we lived according to the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the Law were at work in our bodies, bearing fruit for death. 6But now, having died to what bound us, we have been released from the Law, so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

I see many scriptures stating that we are free. I can't understand why people keep claiming we are sinners and we should call ourselves liars if we have ever lied.
I guess all the killing, raping, and kleptocracy I see before my eyes is just a delusion caused by my own mind. There is plenty of sin going on in this world and lots of judgement to come. Sin and its judgement has been going on since the first sin entered and brought death into the world. Eventually, all sin will be ended and judgement will be completed and this disgusting blood bath will never ever happen again. I don't need to take on a New Age delusion to be at peace with the fact that I am subjected to mortality and suffering. It's just the fear that needs to be cast out to be at peace in whatever situation we are in.

Old 05-19-2017, 02:41 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Only God can forgive the offense against God , and His ways ....... See people can be influenced by the dark spirit of this world by not resisting sin of hatred and envy which these people had against Jesus ..................... For believers can pray for the unsaved and by the authority of Christ ask forgiveness for them , and Jesus would forgive the unsaved people , but temporary so the dark spirit can be removed so new converts can see and have a witness of Jesus Christ , and If the converts stops their interest then the forgiveness that was temporary would be lost again .......

Old 05-19-2017, 08:19 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Romans 7
6 But now, having died to what bound us, we have been released from the Law,
so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

I see many scriptures stating that we are free.
I can't understand why people keep claiming we are sinners and we should call ourselves liars
if we have ever lied.
Don't forget filthy rags... had a Methodist friend call himself that!

pcamps, I'm kind of dense regarding some Christian ways of speaking...could you tell me what this
means or give me an example? "...when we hold the world guilty in the eyes of God..."
Do you mean like when a person accuses someone else of doing a wrong thing?
You must have had something 'in mind', no? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity