Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will all humans go to heaven where we will all be the same?
Yes 1 3.23%
No 22 70.97%
There are 3 sections of Heaven and Everyone will not be the same 5 16.13%
What kind of God blesses one human over the other? There is no special groups. 4 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 10:29 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Of Course.

People say I am the salt of the earth, meh, I never saw that.

I have the heart of an ancient Dane, and a natural instinct of an animal.
Your breaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2017, 10:47 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You will be judged by you and I don't see you wanting to take from anyone. I don't believe you would feel good about yourself is you wronged someone else.
LOL, I can't even own anything or have money really. One time I got a 3000 dollar check and just for a second, I started liking the feeling and then I was so disgusted that I had to go and get rid of it.

It is not easy being me, when I was a child I gave everything away and never stopped. This was a mental disorder maybe, I don't know. A guilt about me that I cannot escape from, a torturous never ending guilt full of remorse that makes me occupy my mind just trying not to be me. I guess I had a very traumatic childhood that left me having no self worth at all, and this is from a parent teaching a child the bible, accept the child believed what he heard.

Nahh, I could never take anything from anyone, and I can have nothing even if somebody handed me a fortune, but I believe this was manufactured in me, not something that comes natural.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:59 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
LOL, I can't even own anything or have money really. One time I got a 3000 dollar check and just for a second, I started liking the feeling and then I was so disgusted that I had to go and get rid of it.

It is not easy being me, when I was a child I gave everything away and never stopped. This was a mental disorder maybe, I don't know. A guilt about me that I cannot escape from, a torturous never ending guilt full of remorse that makes me occupy my mind just trying not to be me. I guess I had a very traumatic childhood that left me having no self worth at all, and this is from a parent teaching a child the bible, accept the child believed what he heard.

Nahh, I could never take anything from anyone, and I can have nothing even if somebody handed me a fortune, but I believe this was manufactured in me, not something that comes natural.
I can relate to the trauma of being fed a hypocritical interpretation of the bible at a young age, you have no world experience to gauge if you are being told the truth or not, so you believe, sometimes you question but then you get told don't question otherwise you will go to hell....I started questioning things when I was about 13 I guess

One of the things that didn't make sense to me was while we are told forgive your enemies as your Father forgives his ..... except that he actually tortures his for eternity

Old 05-25-2017, 12:41 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
except that he actually tortures his for eternity
Show me a scripture about hell and how everyone will burn for eternity.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 05-25-2017 at 01:33 AM..

Old 05-25-2017, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Show me a scripture about hell and how everyone will burn for eternity.
Sorry I probably didn't word that right but what I was meaning was that was what I had been told when I was growing up .... based on revelations lake of fire. I could see that there was a hypocrisy there.

I left the church when I was around 15, and suffered anxiety/depression for many years because of the fear which I had internalized

Old 05-25-2017, 02:57 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
In John 6:40 Jesus says ......``And this is the will of Him that sent me , that every one which sees the Son , and believes on Him , may have everlasting life, and I will raise Him up at the last day`` ...... See people must see Jesus and believe on Him

Old 05-25-2017, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In John 6:40 Jesus says ......``And this is the will of Him that sent me , that every one which sees the Son , and believes on Him , may have everlasting life, and I will raise Him up at the last day`` ...... See people must see Jesus and believe on Him
And all will see him....some will take longer than others though

Old 05-25-2017, 04:27 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,036 times
Doesn't say that.. John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Mark 9:47-48 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

God will do justice as a Righteous Judge, Hannibal, if Hitler would go unpunished there would not be any justice done. Yes God is gracious aswell, but not apart from faith in Jesus Christ, because He put the punishment for our sins on Jesus Christ, and afaik Hitler never repented and put his trust in Jesus.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:19 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,861,079 times
Animal?

Animal?

Old 05-25-2017, 05:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post

God will do justice as a Righteous Judge, Hannibal, if Hitler would go unpunished there would not be any justice done. Yes God is gracious aswell, but not apart from faith in Jesus Christ, because He put the punishment for our sins on Jesus Christ, and afaik Hitler never repented and put his trust in Jesus.
The more i think about "believe i was punished for you and repent or be punished" the more ridiculous it sounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity