Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will all humans go to heaven where we will all be the same?
Yes 1 3.23%
No 22 70.97%
There are 3 sections of Heaven and Everyone will not be the same 5 16.13%
What kind of God blesses one human over the other? There is no special groups. 4 12.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 02:49 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Dang speakers got a short in 'em, can't play anything, and I really wanted to hear what you are listening to here. Got to get some new ones...

Go down in history for being one of the top ten real country songs of all time. People aint making country no more, but that video is literally like hanging with my family where there might be 200 of us in the back 40 having a crawfish boil while the deer come in and everyone helps clean them, and everyone takes steak home.

If I were an animal that had to be killed in some way, I would choose my family if I was anything going into the mouths of humans because BBQ crawfish boil kind of thing we do is a celebration to animals where nothing goes to waste, not even the entrails and this is done in great tradition where we love life and we all take part in what goes in our stomach.

What a terrible thing it would be to have always bought your meat at the store.

You hang around us hillbillies and it gets much more personal, and you don't see us throw a store bought chicken in the trash as if it was tortured all it's life for nothing and then processed and killed to go in the trash.

LOL.

Like I have always said, Until I killed and cleaned my own deer, I never understood, and I am not even sure that this religion comes in all men, but it is a religion, a right of passage that will change a boy's life of how he views things, and in what reverence he gives to the animals that he has a personal view of in this way.

I suppose it is like knowing horses, all the horses know who you are after about 10 seconds, but not all people can know and speak to horses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 03:10 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post

I suppose it is like knowing horses, all the horses know who you are after about 10 seconds, but not all people can know and speak to horses.

Ain't that the truth. Mine sure did, and she made it plain, most days, lol...if they got on her anyway after my warnings, they better know how to ride full gallop with a horse that just put the bit between it's teeth, to "test" them. She literally would look back to see who got on her every time, and if it wasn't me," let the games begin", she thought. I swear she smiled.

Can't do crawfish....tried once, Arkansas relatives and all; sounded good at the time, but just-couldn't-get-past-the-heads.
Did the same thing with a "delicacy" of deep fried sheep's stomach once. I could have done it, had I not been asked to watch it prepared first. Did you know sheep have black filament worm looking things in their stomach? (there needs to be a green sick at my stomach smilie on here).

Helped my grandmother clean her own chickens from about age 6 so it's not the blood and the guts so much, as the appearance of what's left. Couldn't eat a south American amour plated scaled-like-an-armadillo fresh water fish either, because they leave the heads, scales and all on them and throw them in the pot. My kids loved them. Me, nah....it was still looking at me, with those beady little eyes on my plate.... Peace

Old 05-29-2017, 03:36 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
I've noticed that there is a pattern, whenever, Hannibal Flavius makes a post.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Ain't that the truth. Mine sure did, and she made it plain, most days, lol...if they got on her anyway after my warnings, they better know how to ride full gallop with a horse that just put the bit between it's teeth, to "test" them. She literally would look back to see who got on her every time, and if it wasn't me," let the games begin", she thought. I swear she smiled.

Can't do crawfish....tried once, Arkansas relatives and all; sounded good at the time, but just-couldn't-get-past-the-heads.
Did the same thing with a "delicacy" of deep fried sheep's stomach once. I could have done it, had I not been asked to watch it prepared first. Did you know sheep have black filament worm looking things in their stomach? (there needs to be a green sick at my stomach smilie on here).

Helped my grandmother clean her own chickens from about age 6 so it's not the blood and the guts so much, as the appearance of what's left. Couldn't eat a south American amour plated scaled-like-an-armadillo fresh water fish either, because they leave the heads, scales and all on them and throw them in the pot. My kids loved them. Me, nah....it was still looking at me, with those beady little eyes on my plate.... Peace
Horses are at the top of the list of things I would never eat if I didn't have to. Whoever eats a horse should be horsewhipped.

And people boiling those lobsters live, well, well, I just don't know, how do you even get to the water?

What kind of freakish way is that to kill or cook a lobster for that matter.

Yeah, boiling them alive may make the meat more tender, but it is a very long way from throwing him on the hottest fire. Who would choose to boil a lobster when you can BBQ it on actual flames that cover it?

Crazy.

Where there is no smoke, there be no spirit, who can truly understand God's BBQ?

You take away the fire, and you take away the alter of burnt sacrifices, Boiled, '' Says he,'' Insanity, '' Says I.''

LOL, I guess they did boil some meat, but not for me brother, I'm for the pit.

Old 05-29-2017, 03:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Don't forget the homemade wine.

Last edited by Jerwade; 05-29-2017 at 03:52 PM..

Old 05-29-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Don't forget the home made wine.
I mean to tell you, if people are not giving you bottles of Mustang wine every year, you simply aint hanging around the right kind of people, or you don't live in the right neighborhood. They are proud of their mustang wine, proud of their veggies and oranges, grapefruits, lemons. If you don't live in an area where people liberally share all these things, sucks to be you, lol.

Who wants to live in a land what aint got tomato plants and grape vines everywhere with all sorts of free fruit in abundance? The honey will go bad before we can use it all, just like our house filled with canned veggies, and canned tomatos are almost priceless like gold, who wants to live in a land what aint got no golden seeded fresh tomato juice? How does one live without it?

Old 05-29-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I've noticed that there is a pattern, whenever, Hannibal Flavius makes a post.

That's only because we have common ground and a lot of it. G-d is the G-d of the covenant, and He's my G-d. Peace

Old 05-29-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Horses are at the top of the list of things I would never eat if I didn't have to. Whoever eats a horse should be horsewhipped.

And people boiling those lobsters live, well, well, I just don't know, how do you even get to the water?

What kind of freakish way is that to kill or cook a lobster for that matter.

Yeah, boiling them alive may make the meat more tender, but it is a very long way from throwing him on the hottest fire. Who would choose to boil a lobster when you can BBQ it on actual flames that cover it?

Crazy.

Where there is no smoke, there be no spirit, who can truly understand God's BBQ?

You take away the fire, and you take away the alter of burnt sacrifices, Boiled, '' Says he,'' Insanity, '' Says I.''

LOL, I guess they did boil some meat, but not for me brother, I'm for the pit.

Can't do lobsters, either. Tried one at age 21. Got sick as a dog, for 3 days. And I was so proud of myself for getting past the eyes staring at me thingy, too, lol.....so much for that. Sucker got me anyway. They're really just the ocean's cockroaches. Now THERE'S an appealing thought. Peace

Old 05-29-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I mean to tell you, if people are not giving you bottles of Mustang wine every year, you simply aint hanging around the right kind of people, or you don't live in the right neighborhood. They are proud of their mustang wine, proud of their veggies and oranges, grapefruits, lemons. If you don't live in an area where people liberally share all these things, sucks to be you, lol.

Who wants to live in a land what aint got tomato plants and grape vines everywhere with all sorts of free fruit in abundance? The honey will go bad before we can use it all, just like our house filled with canned veggies, and canned tomatos are almost priceless like gold, who wants to live in a land what aint got no golden seeded fresh tomato juice? How does one live without it?

What is Mustang wine? Never heard of it. My friend who just visited from Amsterdam brought me some banana wine to try. Now THAT was different. And STRONG. Apparently not all wine is the same proof everywhere. Peace

Old 05-29-2017, 05:01 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Some humans don't want to go to heaven. What kind of God would make them go to a heaven that is all about him when they don't want to be there?

Heaven is a place for people who put God at the center. Some people put themselves at the center. How miserable they would be in a heaven that centers around God.

Then again they'd probably be miserable in a place where everyone else makes themselves the center too.

I'm reminded of a story. Someone is being shown around heaven and hell by st. Peter. The person peeks through door of hell and there is this wonderful aroma of wonderful nutritious soups that line the tables but the people are emaciated. The only thing they have to eat with are super long spoons that make it impossible for them to feed themselves from the bowls. Then St. Peter shows the person heaven. It's the exact same scene only the people are happy and well fed. He says to St. Peter "I don't get it". "What's the difference between heaven and hell?". St. Peter answers "In heaven they have learned to feed each other.".

The truth is we choose heaven or hell. For those who don't want to be there, heaven would be hell.

I'm not convinced that God created a place of torment. I suspect any torment will be man made. Have you ever noticed that some of the happiest people are people who have next to nothing while people who have a lot are often miserable?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity