Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 02:08 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,886,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Man cannot comprehend the existence of his own errors, when too deeply immersed in them."

Satan is not an entity - separate from the human nature. You will find that - it is man who calls down fire and condemnation. Which comes from his imagination, not realism. Following the true path to life is not found in some bogus Satan seed theology. Take responsibility for your own thoughts and actions, then move forward!

The bible--Gods word says satan is real. You are calling God a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 02:25 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,577,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Satan in the bible has the meaning of adversary, that is why Jesus calls peter 'satan' ..... there have been lots of fables produced and elevating earthly things to spiritual beings because of misinterpreting the allegorical, symbolic language used in the bible.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:42 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
The teachings of Jesus prove who is who. The majority will find out the hard way. no trinity god EVER existed.
Quote:
1) and you no less are calling God a liar --- "no trinity god EVER existed."
Truth: Matthew 28:19 KJV ..... Jesus names the Trinity
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the (the Triune God)
  • Father,
  • and of the Son,
  • and of the Holy Ghost:
2) and you are no less calling God a liar by denying that Jesus physically resurrected himself
Truth: John 2:19-22 KJV
Jesus answered and said unto them,
"Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
Then said the Jews, "Forty and six years was this temple in building,
and wilt thou rear it up in three days?"
But he spake of the temple of his body.
Truth: Luke 24:39
"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:
handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."
~ the physical resurrected Jesus

Old 06-15-2017, 03:08 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,577,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) and you no less are calling God a liar --- "no trinity god EVER existed."
Truth: Matthew 28:19 KJV ..... Jesus names the Trinity
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the (the Triune God)
  • Father,
  • and of the Son,
  • and of the Holy Ghost:
2) and you are no less calling God a liar by denying that Jesus physically resurrected himself
Truth: John 2:19-22 KJV
Jesus answered and said unto them,
"Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
Then said the Jews, "Forty and six years was this temple in building,
and wilt thou rear it up in three days?"
But he spake of the temple of his body.
Truth: Luke 24:39
"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself:
handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."
~ the physical resurrected Jesus
Twinspin,

Jesus body he is referring to as being raised up in 3 days is the body of Christ

Romans 12:5
so in Christ we who are many are one body, and each member belongs to one another.

1 Corinthians 6:15
Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!

1 Corinthians 10:17
Because there is one loaf, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one loaf.

1 Corinthians 12:12
The body is a unit, though it is comprised of many parts. And although its parts are many, they all form one body. So it is with Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:26
If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Ephesians 1:23
which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Ephesians 4:12
to equip the saints for works of ministry, to build up the body of Christ,

Ephesians 5:30
For we are members of His body.

Colossians 1:18
And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and firstborn from among the dead, so that in all things He may have preeminence.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:26 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Twinspin,

Jesus body he is referring to as being raised up in 3 days is the body of Christ

Romans 12:5
so in Christ we who are many are one body, and each member belongs to one another.

1 Corinthians 6:15
Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never!

1 Corinthians 10:17
Because there is one loaf, we who are many are one body; for we all partake of the one loaf.

1 Corinthians 12:12
The body is a unit, though it is comprised of many parts. And although its parts are many, they all form one body. So it is with Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:26
If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

Ephesians 1:23
which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Ephesians 4:12
to equip the saints for works of ministry, to build up the body of Christ,

Ephesians 5:30
For we are members of His body.

Colossians 1:18
And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and firstborn from among the dead, so that in all things He may have preeminence.
Meerkat2,
You're taking those passages out of context.
Jesus physically rose from the dead and shown himself physically as John 2:19-22 and Luke 24:39 clearly records and teaches.

As Martha responded to Jesus concerning her dead brother
John 11:24
Martha answered, “I know he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day.â€

along with these other physical resurrection passages:
John 5:27-29
“Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned."

Acts 24:15

and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have,
that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Job 19:25-27

I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another.

Romans 6:5
For if we have been united with him in a death like his,
we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.

1 Corinthians 15:35
[ The Resurrection Body ] But someone will ask,
“How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?â€

Old 06-15-2017, 08:11 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
"Man cannot comprehend the existence of his own errors, when too deeply immersed in them."

Satan is not an entity - separate from the human nature. You will find that - it is man who calls down fire and condemnation. Which comes from his imagination, not realism. Following the true path to life is not found in some bogus Satan seed theology. Take responsibility for your own thoughts and actions, then move forward!

Quote:
There is no Hell, no Satan, no demons or devil, no demonic possessions, ghosts or goblins.
And no dead souls who have come back to speak to the living. Please, inform your teachers.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
There is no Hell, no Satan, no demons or devil, no demonic possessions, ghosts or goblins.
And no dead souls who have come back to speak to the living. Please, inform your teachers.

Wow, the darkness truly is great on this earth-- Standing in opposition to the true living God--how sad for you.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:58 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:

Quote:
Wow, the darkness truly is great on this earth-- Standing in opposition to the true living God--how sad for you.
"The only difference between a rut, and the grave is the depth of one's understanding."

Adversity is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. The Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role, whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, the principalities and powers of unholy messengers, inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface, yet is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul, and the temperament within that of other men.

I am willing to send you a flashlight, So, you won't stumble anymore in the darkness that has consumed you.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:50 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
"The only difference between a rut, and the grave is the depth of one's understanding."

Adversity is a principle that results in active resistance, opposition, or contentiousness within the human nature. The Hebrew term for Satan merely describes an adversarial role, whereas, an accuser (slanderer, devil) is known for his unrighteous disposition. However, the principalities and powers of unholy messengers, inculcated the doctrines of demons, devils and Satan in the early views of men; falsely fostering and prospering them. Truth becomes known, when deception falls away (that of self-induced blindness). Christ denounced these doctrines and traditions of men within the Spirit of truth, as the ego driven desires are within men, resist them.

Those who live according to the sinful nature have their mind set on what their nature desires, but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their mind set on what the Spirit wants: Along came the tempter; the lust of the eyes (understanding of the mind), lust of the flesh (a heart of emotion) and the pride of life (the desires of the will). Thus, while the first Adam conceded to all that is in the world (that which extends deep down from the surface, yet is visible through distinctive traits or characteristics common to all humanity); the second Adam stood his ground against the natural disposition of the soul, and the temperament within that of other men.

I am willing to send you a flashlight, So, you won't stumble anymore in the darkness that has consumed you.
Well said! Our very survival requires that we be selfish and self-centered. That is built-in to our very human nature. We learn to discriminate between our selfish desires and needs by their effects on others in our community. During the Schoolmaster stage of our evolution, we needed a fear of God as the motive to constrain our baser selfish urges and drives. That was the beginning of wisdom, but after Jesus, we learned to use love as the motive and Jesus demonstrated it in its purest form under the most egregious circumstances imaginable.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well said! Our very survival requires that we be selfish and self-centered. That is built-in to our very human nature. We learn to discriminate between our selfish desires and needs by their effects on others in our community. During the Schoolmaster stage of our evolution, we needed a fear of God as the motive to constrain our baser selfish urges and drives. That was the beginning of wisdom, but after Jesus, we learned to use love as the motive and Jesus demonstrated it in its purest form under the most egregious circumstances imaginable.

In a satan ruled world--those who do your first sentence are controlled by him. God warned that's how disobedient man becomes here in these last days-2Tim 3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity