Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 01:05 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just want to say that there is more than one way to share your faith. When someone starts lecturing me about Jesus, I start backing up.

To me it is better to share ones faith by example.
Yup.

Imma drop some St. Francis of Assissi up in here.

"Preach the Gospel continuously, use words only when necessary."

Live your life in such a way that people feel compelled to ask about the love and light that lives within you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 01:26 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineDeane55 View Post
Hi guys.

I don't know where to post this, but the Lord has been laying it on my heart for the past few days to tell people about Jesus. This burden is so strong that I have felt sick and very desperate to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus. I asked my Pastor if there were any ministries I could do through my church to serve God, but all he said to me was that if there was anything, he'd let me know. God has been driving me to serve Him so bad that I don't think I can wait much longer for an answer from my Pastor, I am desperate here and I don't think he understands just how urgent it is to witness to the lost. People are dying and going to Hell. That is no laughing matter.

So I am going to write a post and witness to the lost on here...

Dear person much loved by the Lord,

Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners like you and me. Have you ever thought about what happens after you die? I have. It has brought me much anxiety thinking about it, because I know that this life does not last forever and one day, we all will die.

A lot of people today do not think about where they will spend eternity, and this thinking is a big mistake.

But what happens after death? The Bible is the only book that can tell us what happens to us after we die. God Himself wrote this great book; it is probably the most important book that was ever written.

Do you mind if I quote some Scriptures? Some people get offended when I quote the Bible, but I never do. Do you know why? Because I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus is my Saviour. The Bible says so. And with that being said, I will give you some Bible verses to help you and educate you.

So what happens after we die? The Bible teaches that man is a tripart being composed of spirit, soul, and a fleshly body. At death, our souls separate from our body and goes back to God to be judged by Him. God will judge everything we do in the body, whether good or bad.

But here is the bad news. You see, nobody is truly a good person. You see, only God is truly good.

Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever stolen anything? Have you ever hated anyone? If you have, then you have sinned. Killing others is also a sin, and yet you hear every day on the news that someone has murdered somebody else. Why? Because mankind are sinners and on their way to a burning Hell.

Rom 3:23 :
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Now that you know that no one is good in God's eyes, how do we then become good? How do we become vindicated before God? The Bible teaches that we need to have Jesus' righteousness but the only way to do that is to come to Him by faith:

Rom 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So you see that you need to believe in your heart that God raised up Jesus from the dead, and you also need to confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

If you die without Christ, you will spend eternity in Hell. In our modern world today, people think that Hell is a place of never-ending parties and good times. They think that all of their friends will be there. But that is far from the truth. You would think that these people have never read the Bible, or that they have never taken it seriously.

The Bible teaches that Hell is a place of never-ending fire and torment, and my dear friend, that is not very much fun (this truth has scared a lot of people). It is a place of tears and no hope. It is darkness and loneliness. You won't be able to see anyone at all. It is eternal separation from God Himself. Since God is the Source of Joy and Happiness, that means that everything apart from Him is tears, sorrow, and no happiness. And that does not sound like very much fun at all, doesn't it?

So my dear friend, for your own eternal safety, I pray that you will accept Jesus Christ into your heart today, and make Him Lord over your life.

If you have done this, you need to find a Bible-believing church where you can grow in God's Word. And you also need to find out what God wants you to do with your life, so that you may serve Him.

Blessings,
Jacqueline
What part of all of this explains why you believe that a corpse came back to life and subsequently flew away, and why you think others should believe it as well?

Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Yup.

Imma drop some St. Francis of Assissi up in here.

Live your life in such a way that people feel compelled to ask about the love and light that lives within you.
Instruments of Peace:

Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:59 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
St. Francis of Assisi
“Preach the Gospel at all times. When necessary, use words.â€
Sorry, for the correction...you can google to confirm...
This is the wordage of his most common quote...''only'' was not in there.
I'm a stickler for getting quotes right. I corrected Assisi, also. Don't hate me!

Old 06-08-2017, 07:14 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Jesus did not indicate that the Spirit does not disagree with scripture, that's true. there were more than one occasion where He indicated ghat it did: now that you have failed to quote the scriptures where Jesus indicated what ONE thing is to be our guide. how about you post some of the places where He said, {but I say u8nto you..." That should be easy too. there are more than one.
John 3:16 as not one of those times. Your interpretation cannot be backed by another scripture. The traditional understanding can.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:06 AM

331 posts, read 315,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop being disingenuous, jimmie. We are supposed to believe Jesus, not me.
Would that be this Jesus, or the Jesus you have invented because "no 21st century intellect" - and would that be you, or are we talking about intellects such as William Lane Craig, Alvin Plantinga and Wolfhart Pannenberg? BWAHAHAHAHA - can believe in this Jesus?
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Surely the irony is not lost on neutral observers that those who coo most fervently about the warm and fuzzy Jesus who just wants everyone to play nice and hug are also the most intolerant and dismissive of anyone who disagrees with them - even those who, theoretically at least, are their fellow Christians.

I say "theoretically at least," of course, because those who reinvent Jesus to suit themselves are not, in my opinion, Christians at all. Why would someone do this - i.e., insist on the term "Christian" when they could simply move on to Buddhism or the New Age community? I can think of only two reasons:
  • They have been so indoctrinated into Christianity by daddy and mommy that they simply cannot let it go, even though they no longer really believe it; or
  • They are intentionally attempting to mislead Christians from the true gospel, which is precisely what the real Jesus warned would happen.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:06 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am not avoiding the Question, I maybe avoiding hurting your feelings because I don't think you speak for the God of Israel at all, and neither do you speak for Jesus.

I know where I stand with Atheist and I am proud that they are proud of what they are and what they believe.

I really don't know where you come from except from a political correctness that will kill each and every one of us, and I believe what you believe is the most dangerous anyone could believe.

You believe in your own imagination and what you think God should do according to your own imagination and to be able to speak as a person speaking from the bible, I think you are dangerous because you appear to everyone as representing the bible but you do not.

I am always trying to figure out what you believe but I know you don't stand as a person who represents the God of the bible and while you teach what you teach, representing yourself as a person of the Bible, people listen unaware that you are against the God of the Bible.

Everyone is not the same in the bible, and whatever God you serve, it is not the God of the bible that you are always discussing, it is your own imagination on how you think things should be according to the religion of Political Correctness, and we will all fall from your religion, I know that much.

Love is not the answer, and even though it sounds so nice, what does it have to do with reality?
Hanni, you said the same thing to me a week ago about not knowing where I come from and not knowing what I believe, and I told you this:

I'm a person who trusts that people are in the hands of a God who is love. Doesn't mean there aren't things to go through, and hurdles to overcome, and pain and suffering to endure. Each person is going to have to face whatever they need to face within themselves sooner or later. But I trust that if God uses that for the good of one (and I believe God does), then God uses it for the good of EVERY one, no matter how long it takes.

Loving kindness endures forever.

God is the answer and, if you believe your bible, God is love. So, yeah, love IS the answer.

Now, perhaps you'll explain what about that makes you afraid, and how it fits your idea of "Political Correctness"? And also, maybe you'll finally answer the question: Do you believe that God is love, or don't you?

Old 06-08-2017, 08:09 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
What part of all of this explains why you believe that a corpse came back to life and subsequently flew away, and why you think others should believe it as well?
Because I beleive every word.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:48 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte74 View Post
Would that be this Jesus, or the Jesus you have invented because "no 21st century intellect" - and would that be you, or are we talking about intellects such as William Lane Craig, Alvin Plantinga and Wolfhart Pannenberg? BWAHAHAHAHA - can believe in this Jesus?
"Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Surely the irony is not lost on neutral observers that those who coo most fervently about the warm and fuzzy Jesus who just wants everyone to play nice and hug are also the most intolerant and dismissive of anyone who disagrees with them - even those who, theoretically at least, are their fellow Christians.

I say "theoretically at least," of course, because those who reinvent Jesus to suit themselves are not, in my opinion, Christians at all. Why would someone do this - i.e., insist on the term "Christian" when they could simply move on to Buddhism or the New Age community? I can think of only two reasons:
  • They have been so indoctrinated into Christianity by daddy and mommy that they simply cannot let it go, even though they no longer really believe it; or
  • They are intentionally attempting to mislead Christians from the true gospel, which is precisely what the real Jesus warned would happen.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:52 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
John 3:16 as not one of those times. Your interpretation cannot be backed by another scripture. The traditional understanding can.
Both the annihilationist position indicated in John 3:16 and the "eternal damnation" position are supported by scripture, which do you choose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity