Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 01:21 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,306,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Christians have it backwards, Christianity actually puts themselves under the law, the law judges them and they are found guilty, that's it.

The reason this is so true, is that you have to accept the laws of Moses, and if you will not accept that you are found guilty under the laws of Moses, why would you think you could be forgiven?

The curse is taken away when you admit how guilty you are and finally bend your knee to God, and say,'' Dear Lord, Forgive me, and thank Jesus, that he could walk in the law for me, I am found guilty and he was found righteous, and he is my Passover lamb, my ram of Shavuot, my Yom Kippur Goat, and my Sukkot Bull for the 70 nations.''

But if Christianity will not accept the commandments of God, and how God's judgment is true, they put themselves right under the law because they refuse to accept that it judges them.

They can't repent, there is no asking for forgiveness..

And this sounds like you believe that if you say some magic words, THEN God can forgive you.

God is less powerful then we are, then, and is dependent on we frail, ignorant humans knowing the right incantation to say to make God happy. God's very nature wouldn't induce God to forgive the person without those magic words?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 01:26 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,765,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Christians have it backwards, Christianity actually puts themselves under the law, the law judges them and they are found guilty, that's it.

The reason this is so true, is that you have to accept the laws of Moses, and if you will not accept that you are found guilty under the laws of Moses, why would you think you could be forgiven?

The curse is taken away when you admit how guilty you are and finally bend your knee to God, and say,'' Dear Lord, Forgive me, and thank Jesus, that he could walk in the law for me, I am found guilty and he was found righteous, and he is my Passover lamb, my ram of Shavuot, my Yom Kippur Goat, and my Sukkot Bull for the 70 nations.''

But if Christianity will not accept the commandments of God, and how God's judgment is true, they put themselves right under the law because they refuse to accept that it judges them.

They can't repent, there is no asking for forgiveness..
There is only one law. The law of God.

The Lord says this;

"Walk in my presence and be blameless."

"Blessed is he who's way is blameless, who walks in the law of the Lord."

"Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness and your law is the truth." (David,and son of man)

"Father your word is truth."

Old 06-13-2017, 05:40 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,977,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Greeting
my question is, if the prophet are long gone, and they been killed off or die from old age in time pass long ago, who is to be a true prophet for the Lord today, who among you can tells the truth about the truth about what is to be? Or where are the many that say he is one, but do not die for that wish is true.
are they any prophets that can tell me the riddle in the mystery of the Gospel of the Lord, that I may see the mystery of the LORD in a prophet today, he dose not seek his own, but Him who send Him?
One of the spiritual gifts is prophecy(Eph 4:11), but prophecy today is mainly teaching. although they are separated in that verse. A prophet told the people what God said, that is the main priority of what a teacher does, but a teacher also tries to interpret what God says, for the unity and spiritual growth of the people(Eph 4:11-16).

Old 06-13-2017, 07:29 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,765,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
One of the spiritual gifts is prophecy(Eph 4:11), but prophecy today is mainly teaching. although they are separated in that verse. A prophet told the people what God said, that is the main priority of what a teacher does, but a teacher also tries to interpret what God says, for the unity and spiritual growth of the people(Eph 4:11-16).
Agreed to a degree. God reveals His secrets to those who keep His commandments and serve Him in spirit and in truth.

The holy spirit, whom the Father sends in His name and the name of the son, declares to the people what is right and reminds them of what God has said.

As it is written and the Lord says; "The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants, the prophets."

Old 06-14-2017, 09:25 AM

1,196 posts, read 746,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWordIsOne View Post
Greeting
my question is, if the prophet are long gone, and they been killed off or die from old age in time pass long ago, who is to be a true prophet for the Lord today, who among you can tells the truth about the truth about what is to be? Or where are the many that say he is one, but do not die for that wish is true.
are they any prophets that can tell me the riddle in the mystery of the Gospel of the Lord, that I may see the mystery of the LORD in a prophet today, he dose not seek his own, but Him who send Him?
I'm pretty sure if there are false prophets in our day ,(Colo.2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ), then there are STILL true Prophets. a prophet is one who spreads the true words of God and his Will. Jesus was a true Prophet, because he spoke of his Father's Will, NOT HIS ,(John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me).

Jesus said to preach what he taught, he sent MANY out in his time ,(John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you). though the Prophets of old are long gone. there are STILL true Prophets today.

and he's still sending them, until the End, though he's now in Heaven ,(Matt. 28:19,20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world). Amen

if we are to be considered TRUE CHRISTIANS, by Jehovah God and Jesus. them we must do the "WILL" of Jesus Father ,(Matt. 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven). which is follow Jesus, NOT what we want ,(Luke 9:23).peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity