Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 11:29 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The word translated "devil" here, in Greek means "false accuser", L8. Perhaps you knew that, but I just thought I'd point it out in case you didn't. So, I'd say the enemy is that state of mind in ourselves or others that insists we must believe that God condemns us.
Pleroo, Somebody gave me a copy of the "Cross and the Switchblade" in 1984, this book completely changed my state of mind, at that time i thought for the better. I have just got back from thinking about this book, and if i could turn back time, i would have never read it. I would have avoided the nightmare of evangelical bible christianity and the effects it leaves on your mind. The author in his ignorance is an accuser of the brethren, and the result of why many christian are under condemnation and live in condemnation and the fear of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 11:43 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Pleroo, Somebody gave me a copy of the "Cross and the Switchblade" in 1984, this book completely changed my state of mind, at that time i thought for the better. I have just got back from thinking about this book, and if i could turn back time, i would have never read it. I would have avoided the nightmare of evangelical bible christianity and the effects it leaves on your mind. The author in his ignorance is an accuser of the brethren, and the result of why many christian are under condemnation and live in condemnation and the fear of God.
The mark such indoctrination leaves on the soul sometimes seems indelible.

The "false accuser"/condemning mindset targets self and others, but perhaps the core problem is that it falsely accuses God of being unforgiving.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
The mark such indoctrination leaves on the soul sometimes seems indelible.

The "false accuser"/condemning mindset targets self and others, but perhaps the core problem is that it falsely accuses God of being unforgiving.
Exactly. If i can walk in the Spirit of "neither do i condemn you", that is either God working through me or myself working through myself. If it is myself then i am greater than one who created me in his image.

Old 06-25-2017, 11:58 AM

The enemy is within your own household... preposterous to those blinded by the message of evangelical christianity, that likes to lay on thick what awful human being that we are.

Admit you are a poor miserable sinner worthy of hell, and accept that God loves even though this how he views you, is insane to say the least.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:36 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The enemy is within your own household... preposterous to those blinded by the message of evangelical christianity, that likes to lay on thick what awful human being that we are.

Admit you are a poor miserable sinner worthy of hell, and accept that God loves even though this how he views you, is insane to say the least.
Luke 5

8 But when Simon Peter saw that, he fell down at Jesus’ feet, saying, “Go away from me Lord, for I am a sinful man!”

Old 06-25-2017, 01:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Luke 5

8 But when Simon Peter saw that, he fell down at Jesus’ feet, saying, “Go away from me Lord, for I am a sinful man!”
If you are a man who has missed the mark, humble yourself.

Old 06-25-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Luke 5

His concept of God not God made him feel that way. Selah

Old 06-25-2017, 01:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
Move over Trout-man ...

A horror film is a movie that seeks to elicit a physiological reaction.
Usually, through the use of fear and shocking one's audiences.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Move over Trout-man ...

A horror film is a movie that seeks to elicit a physiological reaction.
Usually, through the use of fear and shocking one's audiences.
I wonder if Finn has ever seen this adversary called a roaring lion?. Sounds to me like the Goliath that keeps most of christianity in fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmrmAQ34j4w

MEOW

Old 06-25-2017, 02:12 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
Another roaring lion, seeking to devour...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity