U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2017, 01:11 PM
 
331 posts, read 209,036 times
Reputation: 925

Advertisements

The Bible condemns a wide variety of sexual practices – bestiality, incest, fornication, homosexuality, adultery, sexual immorality in general. This is one of the main reasons biblical Christianity has become unpopular in recent times.

Fornication, homosexuality and other species of sexual immorality are now widely tolerated and even celebrated, even by people who claim to be Christians. At least when it comes to sexual practices, some people who claim to be Christians now understand “love your neighbor” to mean “tolerate whatever your neighbor does as long as it isn’t rape or child molestation.”

Why would God care about sexual immorality anyway? Is He just a prude? Some Christians seem stumped when challenged about their “lack of tolerance” or even “bigotry” toward sexual immorality.

The answer to why God cares is that all forms of sexual immorality are contrary to – and even threatening to – God’s plan for humanity.

“He created them male and female and blessed them.” Genesis 5:2. Regarding sexuality and everything else, “God is not the author of confusion.” 1 Corinthians 14:33. God created the female because He saw it was “not good for the man to be alone.” Genesis 2:18. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24. God told them, “"Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it.” Genesis 1:28.

Jesus expanded upon the sanctity of the union of the male and female: “What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Mark 10:9. “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.” Mark 10:11-12. (The exception allowing divorce on grounds of adultery, found in Matthew 5:32, is widely recognized as a scribal interpolation.)

We need not belabor all the Bible verses emphasizing the loving nature of the relationship between husband and wife and between parents and children. It is simply undeniable that the marital relationship and the nuclear family are God’s plan for humanity. Indeed, the marital relationship is the model for the relationship between Christ and the community of believers.

All forms of sexual immorality, including “mere” fornication and cohabitation, are contrary to and even threatening to the marital relationship, the nuclear family and God’s plan for humanity. That is why the Bible condemns sexual immorality and why a Christian should not be lured into thinking that phony tolerance constitutes loving one’s neighbor.

Have widespread fornication, cohabitation, out-of-wedlock births, single-parent households, no-fault divorce, homosexual marriage, gender confusion and the rest contributed to a happy, content and smoothly functioning society? Hardly. A biblical Christian should not be timid about emphasizing why God’s plan is better – doing that is loving your neighbor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-16-2017, 02:26 PM
 
Location: New England
33,661 posts, read 21,876,636 times
Reputation: 2420
One thing i will say about condemning regardless of what you are saying here is fact or opinion....... It's never achieved anything and never will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 03:51 PM
Status: "RIP Jeb Kerman" (set 8 days ago)
 
Location: Anderson, IN
4,759 posts, read 1,509,220 times
Reputation: 2805
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
One thing i will say about condemning regardless of what you are saying here is fact or opinion....... It's never achieved anything and never will.
Once, Christ was invited to a Pharisee's home, his name was Simon, and Christ accepted. While Christ was sitting down, a prostitute came in, and knelt down, and began to wash His feet with her hair, and her tears. Simon muttered to himself "if Jesus knew who this woman was, He wouldn't even let her touch Him." Christ looks at Simon and said "when I came in, you didn't greet me with a kiss, or offer me anything to drink or offer me anything to eat, from this moment this woman walked through the door, she hasn't stopped washing My feet. "I will tell you this, her sins--and they are many--have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only a little love."

This can be found in Luke 7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 03:57 PM
 
Location: NSW
2,914 posts, read 1,981,314 times
Reputation: 994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte74 View Post
The Bible condemns a wide variety of sexual practices – bestiality, incest, fornication, homosexuality, adultery, sexual immorality in general. This is one of the main reasons biblical Christianity has become unpopular in recent times.

Fornication, homosexuality and other species of sexual immorality are now widely tolerated and even celebrated, even by people who claim to be Christians. At least when it comes to sexual practices, some people who claim to be Christians now understand “love your neighbor” to mean “tolerate whatever your neighbor does as long as it isn’t rape or child molestation.”

Why would God care about sexual immorality anyway? Is He just a prude? Some Christians seem stumped when challenged about their “lack of tolerance” or even “bigotry” toward sexual immorality.

The answer to why God cares is that all forms of sexual immorality are contrary to – and even threatening to – God’s plan for humanity.

“He created them male and female and blessed them.” Genesis 5:2. Regarding sexuality and everything else, “God is not the author of confusion.” 1 Corinthians 14:33. God created the female because He saw it was “not good for the man to be alone.” Genesis 2:18. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24. God told them, “"Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it.” Genesis 1:28.

Jesus expanded upon the sanctity of the union of the male and female: “What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Mark 10:9. “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.” Mark 10:11-12. (The exception allowing divorce on grounds of adultery, found in Matthew 5:32, is widely recognized as a scribal interpolation.)

We need not belabor all the Bible verses emphasizing the loving nature of the relationship between husband and wife and between parents and children. It is simply undeniable that the marital relationship and the nuclear family are God’s plan for humanity. Indeed, the marital relationship is the model for the relationship between Christ and the community of believers.

All forms of sexual immorality, including “mere” fornication and cohabitation, are contrary to and even threatening to the marital relationship, the nuclear family and God’s plan for humanity. That is why the Bible condemns sexual immorality and why a Christian should not be lured into thinking that phony tolerance constitutes loving one’s neighbor.

Have widespread fornication, cohabitation, out-of-wedlock births, single-parent households, no-fault divorce, homosexual marriage, gender confusion and the rest contributed to a happy, content and smoothly functioning society? Hardly. A biblical Christian should not be timid about emphasizing why God’s plan is better – doing that is loving your neighbor.

Cohabitation, or what we would call a "de facto" relationship down here, is seen as normal and acceptable by secular standards and values.
They often just refer to each other as "partners", and is particularly prevalent in less educated and lower socioeconomic groups.
In fact, secular laws see them as being almost married for most issues.
I have never been totally convinced about the definition of "sexual immorality" per se, particularly as it pertains to normal heterosexual adult couples.
No fault divorce just means that anyone can bail out, without having to have a valid reason (abuse/ adultery etc), and being unhappy is valid by secular standards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 04:05 PM
 
8,256 posts, read 7,319,534 times
Reputation: 1493
Heaven see`s promiscuity , adultery and lust as abuse , whether people do or not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 04:11 PM
 
Location: minnesota
7,203 posts, read 2,413,526 times
Reputation: 2505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte74 View Post
The Bible condemns a wide variety of sexual practices – bestiality, incest, fornication, homosexuality, adultery, sexual immorality in general. This is one of the main reasons biblical Christianity has become unpopular in recent times.

Fornication, homosexuality and other species of sexual immorality are now widely tolerated and even celebrated, even by people who claim to be Christians. At least when it comes to sexual practices, some people who claim to be Christians now understand “love your neighbor” to mean “tolerate whatever your neighbor does as long as it isn’t rape or child molestation.

Why would God care about sexual immorality anyway? Is He just a prude? Some Christians seem stumped when challenged about their “lack of tolerance” or even “bigotry” toward sexual immorality.

The answer to why God cares is that all forms of sexual immorality are contrary to – and even threatening to – God’s plan for humanity.

“He created them male and female and blessed them.” Genesis 5:2. Regarding sexuality and everything else, “God is not the author of confusion.” 1 Corinthians 14:33. God created the female because He saw it was “not good for the man to be alone.” Genesis 2:18. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24. God told them, “"Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it.” Genesis 1:28.

Jesus expanded upon the sanctity of the union of the male and female: “What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Mark 10:9. “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.” Mark 10:11-12. (The exception allowing divorce on grounds of adultery, found in Matthew 5:32, is widely recognized as a scribal interpolation.)

We need not belabor all the Bible verses emphasizing the loving nature of the relationship between husband and wife and between parents and children. It is simply undeniable that the marital relationship and the nuclear family are God’s plan for humanity. Indeed, the marital relationship is the model for the relationship between Christ and the community of believers.

All forms of sexual immorality, including “mere” fornication and cohabitation, are contrary to and even threatening to the marital relationship, the nuclear family and God’s plan for humanity. That is why the Bible condemns sexual immorality and why a Christian should not be lured into thinking that phony tolerance constitutes loving one’s neighbor.

Have widespread fornication, cohabitation, out-of-wedlock births, single-parent households, no-fault divorce, homosexual marriage, gender confusion and the rest contributed to a happy, content and smoothly functioning society? Hardly. A biblical Christian should not be timid about emphasizing why God’s plan is better – doing that is loving your neighbor.

That's what this is really about, isn't it. We horrible neighbor lovers keep crawling up your backside about hiding child sexual abuse when you claim it's just a "sin".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 04:34 PM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,093 posts, read 24,518,312 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troglodyte74 View Post
The Bible condemns a wide variety of sexual practices – bestiality, incest, fornication, homosexuality, adultery, sexual immorality in general. This is one of the main reasons biblical Christianity has become unpopular in recent times.

Fornication, homosexuality and other species of sexual immorality are now widely tolerated and even celebrated, even by people who claim to be Christians. At least when it comes to sexual practices, some people who claim to be Christians now understand “love your neighbor” to mean “tolerate whatever your neighbor does as long as it isn’t rape or child molestation.”

Why would God care about sexual immorality anyway? Is He just a prude? Some Christians seem stumped when challenged about their “lack of tolerance” or even “bigotry” toward sexual immorality.

The answer to why God cares is that all forms of sexual immorality are contrary to – and even threatening to – God’s plan for humanity.

“He created them male and female and blessed them.” Genesis 5:2. Regarding sexuality and everything else, “God is not the author of confusion.” 1 Corinthians 14:33. God created the female because He saw it was “not good for the man to be alone.” Genesis 2:18. “For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24. God told them, “"Be fruitful and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it.” Genesis 1:28.

Jesus expanded upon the sanctity of the union of the male and female: “What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” Mark 10:9. “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her, and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery.” Mark 10:11-12. (The exception allowing divorce on grounds of adultery, found in Matthew 5:32, is widely recognized as a scribal interpolation.)

We need not belabor all the Bible verses emphasizing the loving nature of the relationship between husband and wife and between parents and children. It is simply undeniable that the marital relationship and the nuclear family are God’s plan for humanity. Indeed, the marital relationship is the model for the relationship between Christ and the community of believers.

All forms of sexual immorality, including “mere” fornication and cohabitation, are contrary to and even threatening to the marital relationship, the nuclear family and God’s plan for humanity. That is why the Bible condemns sexual immorality and why a Christian should not be lured into thinking that phony tolerance constitutes loving one’s neighbor.

Have widespread fornication, cohabitation, out-of-wedlock births, single-parent households, no-fault divorce, homosexual marriage, gender confusion and the rest contributed to a happy, content and smoothly functioning society? Hardly. A biblical Christian should not be timid about emphasizing why God’s plan is better – doing that is loving your neighbor.
And yet on more than 5 or 6 occasions the OT God has allowed daughters sleeping with fathers men sleeping with best friend wives and even siblings procreating with never an act of punishment to the immoral.

Sexual immorality is defined as that which is donebtomanthercagainst their will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 04:36 PM
 
11,501 posts, read 16,641,753 times
Reputation: 13062
Suppression of sex turns man into slave. A mind set of slave. This is why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 05:25 PM
 
22,292 posts, read 10,464,468 times
Reputation: 1832
Why the Bible condemns sexual immorality - and Christians should too.

You are good at talking the talk, but how much are you walking it out in your own shoe leather. Can you not integrate it - into your own life - without imposing your particular view on others? Or, are you merely an armchair activist who believes he has all the answers.

I was faithful to my spouse, but now that I am single (widowed). Should I follow your protocols, rules of what you might think is best for me, or should I govern my own affairs? If, I chose to have sex with another woman who is single (unmarried/widowed), what business would it be of yours? You have no idea where someone’s heart is, or their commitment to each other - with, or without a piece of paper. Perhaps, you should seek out, knowing your own heart and stop judging the hearts of others – thinking they are morally bad or wicked because they do not live up to your expectations.

You are less likely to make false judgments if you seek to understand people, rather than faulting or blaming them for your own insecurities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-16-2017, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
16,695 posts, read 5,546,156 times
Reputation: 1683
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Once, Christ was invited to a Pharisee's home, his name was Simon, and Christ accepted. While Christ was sitting down, a prostitute came in, and knelt down, and began to wash His feet with her hair, and her tears. Simon muttered to himself "if Jesus knew who this woman was, He wouldn't even let her touch Him." Christ looks at Simon and said "when I came in, you didn't greet me with a kiss, or offer me anything to drink or offer me anything to eat, from this moment this woman walked through the door, she hasn't stopped washing My feet. "I will tell you this, her sins--and they are many--have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only a little love."

This can be found in Luke 7.

The Law doesn't lie, the law is speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top