Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 11:48 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,454 times

Advertisements

The only way to God is via the son of man but the son of man is many persons and One entity.

There are many persons in the son of man. If you analyze the word one must conclude this is a fact.

What makes the son, the son of man according to the Hebrew scriptures ?

Who is the son of God according to the Hebrew scriptures ?

Why would Jesus say the son can free you and turn around and say the truth will free you ?

If the servant of God is the son of God then why do people think there is only one servant ?

Old 06-17-2017, 12:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
The Truth spoken by Jesus not the Bible( Jesus never once called it Truth) that sets us free, is we are already free. Jesus is the reality of God, He never had to speak a word to those that had eyes to see that he was.

He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. Isaiah 42

Old 06-17-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The Truth spoken by Jesus not the Bible( Jesus never once called it Truth) that sets us free, is we are already free. Jesus is the reality of God, He never had to speak a word to those that had eyes to see that he was.

He will not shout or cry out, or raise his voice in the streets. Isaiah 42
You seem to think because you say so it is so without hardly any scripture to back it up. You need to accept my word in order to hear it, though it is not mine but that of the One who sent me.

The son of man says;

If you continue in my word you are truly my discple then you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.

(Father) Your word is truth.

If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you. My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my discple.

(Father) I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them...

It is written in the prophets;

"Here is my servant whom I uphold my chosen one with whom I am pleased upon whom I have put my spirit, he shall deliver justice to the nations."

Old 06-17-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
You seem to think because you say so it is so without hardly any scripture to back it up. You need to accept my word in order to hear it, though it is not mine but that of the One who sent me.

The son of man says;

If you continue in my word you are truly my discple then you shall know the truth and the truth will set you free.

(Father) Your word is truth.

If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you may ask what you will and it shall be done for you. My Father is glorified in your bearing much fruit and becoming my discple.

(Father) I have given them the words you gave me and they accepted them...

It is written in the prophets;

"Here is my servant whom I uphold my chosen one with whom I am pleased upon whom I have put my spirit, he shall deliver justice to the nations."
If that is not calling the kettle calling pot black i don't know what is. I gave you a short answer from the place i view scripture(which is what we all do whether believe them or not) and quoted a scripture to support what i said, which you fundamentalists demand, and your best come back is quote bible verses AT me.

I don't want to view the scripture from your position, being a former fundy myself i was mortified when i became aware of where i had viewed scripture from, it birthed me in sin and shapened me in iniquity. I became something i wasn't and became comfortable in it.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
If that is not calling the kettle calling pot black i don't know what is. I gave you a short answer from the place i view scripture(which is what we all do whether believe them or not) and quoted a scripture to support what i said, which you fundamentalists demand, and your best come back is quote bible verses AT me.

I don't want to view the scripture from your position, being a former fundy myself i was mortified when i became aware of where i had viewed scripture from, it birthed me in sin and shapened me in iniquity. I became something i wasn't and became comfortable in it.
One verse taken from it's context does not do it. I don't show scripture from my point of view. It is more scripture to show you there is more to the topic.

I am not a fundie but I was, now I am One. I am beyond the world.

I am from above.

As it is written;

The one who comes from above is above all. He who is of the world thinks like the world and speaks in a worldly way. He who comes from heaven testifies to what he has seen and heard but no one believes him. If anyone does believe they render the truth of God.

By that verse whoever does not speak God's word, the truth, belongs to the world not God.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
One verse taken from it's context does not do it. I don't show scripture from my point of view. It is more scripture to show you there is more to the topic.

I am not a fundie but I was, now I am One. I am beyond the world.

I am from above.

As it is written;

The one who comes from above is above all. He who is of the world thinks like the world and speaks in a worldly way. He who comes from heaven testifies to what he has seen and heard but no one believes him. If anyone does believe they render the truth of God.

By that verse whoever does not speak God's word, the truth, belongs to the world not God.
Explain in your own words how it was taken out of context.

He lost it once in the temple, but other than that he was like the lapping of waves, the gentle breeze blowing, the rustling of the leaves in the tree, the warm sun on your back, the dawn chorus and like wise, which if you have eyes to see are all just reflections of the reality of who God really is, any disturbance upon these things is a distorted view and understanding of God.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:59 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times
Quote:
The only way to God is via the son of man but the son of man is many persons and One entity.

There are many persons in the son of man. If you analyze the word one must conclude this is a fact.

What makes the son, the son of man according to the Hebrew scriptures ?

Who is the son of God according to the Hebrew scriptures ?

Why would Jesus say the son can free you and turn around and say the truth will free you ?

If the servant of God is the son of God then why do people think there is only one servant ?
I agree with you that there is a many membered body of Christ, which is different from Christianity and it seems to me the way to it is through Christianity. just like Israel passed through Egypt and the Jews passed through Babylon.

I don't think the purpose is to get to God through Jesus though, it is about God setting up his kingdom through Christ.

God is building a kingdom on earth which has one spirit, the framework for it is in both the old and new 'testaments'

Isa 42:1 Behold My Servant; I will uphold Him; My Elect in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit on Him; He shall bring forth justice to the nations.
Isa 42:2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
Isa 42:3 A bruised reed He shall not break, and a smoking wick He shall not quench; He shall bring forth justice to truth.
Isa 42:4 He shall not fail nor be crushed until He has set justice in the earth; and the coasts shall wait for His Law.
Isa 42:5 So says Jehovah God, creating the heavens and stretching them out; spreading out the earth and its offspring, giving breath to the people on it, and spirit to those walking in it.
Isa 42:6 I, Jehovah, have called You in righteousness, and will hold Your hand, and will keep You, and give You for a covenant of the people, for a Light of the nations;
Isa 42:7 to open blind eyes, to lead out the prisoner from the prison; those who sit in darkness from the prison.
Isa 42:8 I am Jehovah; that is My name; and I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to engraved images.
Isa 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and I declare new things before they happen, I cause you to hear.

Isa 42:18 O deaf ones, hear! And O blind ones, look to see!
Isa 42:19 Who is blind but My servant? Or deaf, as My messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is at peace, and blind as Jehovah's servant?
Isa 42:20 You see many things, but do not observe; your ears are open, but not any hears.
Isa 42:21 Jehovah is delighted for His righteousness' sake; He will magnify the Law and make it honorable.
Isa 42:22 But it is a people robbed and spoiled; they shall all be snared in holes; they were hidden in prison houses. They were for spoil, and no one delivers; a prey, and no one says, Return!
Isa 42:23 Who among you will give ear to this, will listen and hear for the time to come?
Isa 42:24 Who gave Jacob to the plunderer, and Israel to the robbers? Did not Jehovah, He against whom we have sinned? For they willed not to walk in His ways, and they did not obey His Law.

It is the messengers who are in prison and do not hear Gods purpose, to me it seems that Christianity hear part of Gods plan but make it about saving themselves.

The kingdom is not going to heaven when you die it is about God setting up his kingdom on earth that will rule on the earth in righteousness......

Old 06-17-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
I agree with you that there is a many membered body of Christ, which is different from Christianity and it seems to me the way to it is through Christianity. just like Israel passed through Egypt and the Jews passed through Babylon.

I don't think the purpose is to get to God through Jesus though, it is about God setting up his kingdom through Christ.

God is building a kingdom on earth which has one spirit, the framework for it is in both the old and new 'testaments'

Isa 42:1 Behold My Servant; I will uphold Him; My Elect in whom My soul delights! I have put My Spirit on Him; He shall bring forth justice to the nations.
Isa 42:2 He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause His voice to be heard in the street.
Isa 42:3 A bruised reed He shall not break, and a smoking wick He shall not quench; He shall bring forth justice to truth.
Isa 42:4 He shall not fail nor be crushed until He has set justice in the earth; and the coasts shall wait for His Law.
Isa 42:5 So says Jehovah God, creating the heavens and stretching them out; spreading out the earth and its offspring, giving breath to the people on it, and spirit to those walking in it.
Isa 42:6 I, Jehovah, have called You in righteousness, and will hold Your hand, and will keep You, and give You for a covenant of the people, for a Light of the nations;
Isa 42:7 to open blind eyes, to lead out the prisoner from the prison; those who sit in darkness from the prison.
Isa 42:8 I am Jehovah; that is My name; and I will not give My glory to another, nor My praise to engraved images.
Isa 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and I declare new things before they happen, I cause you to hear.

Isa 42:18 O deaf ones, hear! And O blind ones, look to see!
Isa 42:19 Who is blind but My servant? Or deaf, as My messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is at peace, and blind as Jehovah's servant?
Isa 42:20 You see many things, but do not observe; your ears are open, but not any hears.
Isa 42:21 Jehovah is delighted for His righteousness' sake; He will magnify the Law and make it honorable.
Isa 42:22 But it is a people robbed and spoiled; they shall all be snared in holes; they were hidden in prison houses. They were for spoil, and no one delivers; a prey, and no one says, Return!
Isa 42:23 Who among you will give ear to this, will listen and hear for the time to come?
Isa 42:24 Who gave Jacob to the plunderer, and Israel to the robbers? Did not Jehovah, He against whom we have sinned? For they willed not to walk in His ways, and they did not obey His Law.

It is the messengers who are in prison and do not hear Gods purpose, to me it seems that Christianity hear part of Gods plan but make it about saving themselves.

The kingdom is not going to heaven when you die it is about God setting up his kingdom on earth that will rule on the earth in righteousness......
Here God is speaking of Israel who was suppose to let God's words be known but did not.

Israel is the servant of God and the servant of God is God's only son.

The son of God is the son of man so the servant of God is the son of man.

That is why the son of man says;

I AM THE GATE. ANYONE WHO ENTERS BY ME WILL BE SAVED.

Old 06-17-2017, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Explain in your own words how it was taken out of context.

He lost it once in the temple, but other than that he was like the lapping of waves, the gentle breeze blowing, the rustling of the leaves in the tree, the warm sun on your back, the dawn chorus and like wise, which if you have eyes to see are all just reflections of the reality of who God really is, any disturbance upon these things is a distorted view and understanding of God.
In the verses around it the servant is to make God's word known. One cannot do so if you take your verse as it sounds. One has to spread God's word to deliver justice and righteousness.

In fact Jesus said that is why He was sent.

Old 06-17-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
In the verses around it the servant is to make God's word known. One cannot do so if you take your verse as it sounds. One has to spread God's word to deliver justice and righteousness.

In fact Jesus said that is why He was sent.
You obviously have no idea about presence. I have met people who have never said a word to me but felt so at ease in their presence it was like they have spoken to me. You live in a world of " what i believe is the truth and the truth i believe is all there is". This is nothing more than an acceptance of ancient ignorance being accepted as being reality.

PG, I know this is hard for you to accept, but believing what you do, you will die an unfullfilled due to missing the mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity