Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 12:59 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Without a standard of truth, how do you know WHAT comes from the mouth of God and what does NOT???

The WORD IS the standard of Truth, thy WORD IS TRUTH. And the Spirit ALWAYS confirms the Word, period. It may not confirm what YOU think it means, or even what I think it means, but He will, with heartfelt tenacious seeking, reveal it in due season, WHATEVER you ask Him about. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 01:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
31“Behold, days are coming,” declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE], “when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, 32not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them,” declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE]. 33“But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE], “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34“They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, ‘Know the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE],’ for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,” declares the L[SIZE=1]ORD[/SIZE], “for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”
It is talking to Jews, about Jews...

Old 07-02-2017, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well there you have it, except for the unskilled posting. Geez.

But fact is much of the Old Testament law died on the cross. As far as the 10 Commandments go Jesus reaffirmed Nine. The Sabbath keeping was dropped. Grace vs Law. The other 500 plus gone. Yes, God has written His simple and short list on the hearts of His people. Saved by grace and not by works.
Written on the hearts of Judah and Israel, right?...I mean, that is what it says, word for word....

Old 07-02-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
The "short list:" A new commandment I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so also you must love one another.
What's the new commandment?...

Old 07-02-2017, 04:28 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It is talking to Jews, about Jews...
So what? The OP asked about a prophecy that said the Law would be replaced. This does.

Old 07-02-2017, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What's the new commandment?...
So I quote it in my post and you are not that stupid. I guess you are asking what's new about it. The point of "New Commandment" is NOT that it has never been seen before as John explained. It is that it is THE commandment on which the New Covenant of Christ is based as opposed to the OLD commandments on which the Mosaic covenant is based.

1 John 2: 7Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard. 8On the other hand, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true Light is already shining. 9The one who says he is in the Light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now. 10The one who loves his brother abides in the Light and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

This has been explained to you before, but you refuse to try to understand anything that indicates that Mosaic Law is not perfect in spite of the changes that have occurred to it over the centuries.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Then why aren't you listening to Him? Peace
Why is it so hard to understand that teaching that the Law is FULFILLED in the PRINCIPLE taught by Jesus for His followers to guide by; that the Law is NOT the standard for judgement because Law can NOT compel the heart and what really matters IS the condition of the heart..is NOT teaching "against" the Law, but as Paul explained "upholding it?"

Rom 3: 31Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
So I quote it in my post and you are not that stupid.
So, you are stating that I AM stupid...Not just that much?...Right?...

Quote:
I guess you are asking what's new about it. The point of "New Commandment" is NOT that it has never been seen before as John explained. It is that it is THE commandment on which the New Covenant of Christ is based as opposed to the OLD commandments on which the Mosaic covenant is based.
John?...You follow John?...Interesting...Jesus said, "NEW COMMANDMENT"...Period...

New covenant of Christ?...Where is this New Covenant prophesied in the Tanakh?...

Quote:
1 John 2: 7Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard. 8On the other hand, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true Light is already shining. 9The one who says he is in the Light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now. 10The one who loves his brother abides in the Light and there is no cause for stumbling in him. 11But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
Oh, so now it is JOHN who is meting out commandments?...Now, the brother here is a Christian brother, not an unbeliever, so, what's the difference between a Christian loving his Christian brother and a Jew loving his Jewish brother?...

Quote:
This has been explained to you before, but you refuse to try to understand anything that indicates that Mosaic Law is not perfect in spite of the changes that have occurred to it over the centuries.
If the Mosaic Law is not perfect, then G-d is not perfect...Is this what you are implying?...

Old 07-02-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Rom 3: 31Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.
This makes sense?...

Old 07-02-2017, 12:14 PM

Quote:
So what? The OP asked about a prophecy that said the Law would be replaced. This does.
But, nothing states that the Torah would be replaced...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity