Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2017, 12:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Worse yet, they're giving their brother a license to sin. Peace
I was never given a license to tell them not to sin. Those who think they have are hanging onto the residual morsels of an old system (that clearly failed flat on it's face) that those who entered into the new and living way could'nt let go of. NAMASTE.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Clearly some people have given themselves a licence to sin in order to avoid appearing 'sin conscious'. Anything goes with such people. I don't think a person can be Christ-conscious while sinning and have no qualms about it. If you have no qualms about sins, then clearly you have not been made new.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here
!"
LMAO. What is the old that has gone ?. Better still what is the Old creation known to be ?. Please don't try to tell me the new creation is capable of sinning. The fact you are sin conscious is proof you have not understood what Christ has done for you..... You still think it's about avoiding hell and telling folk not to sin, hiding your own from those you tell to repent, while you inwardly struggle with your own.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That is worse indeed. Jesus said "sin no more", but they say "go ahead, its ok".
Jesus was telling her she was free not to sin anymore......You only sin when you are under condemnation, you only talk about sin when you are under condemnation, you only condemn others that sin when you are under condemnation. Not only that you are a typical fundamentalist that takes from a beautiful story of no condemnation and attempts to prove your condemnation beliefs. No wonder Jesus gave the fundamentalists an earful of their own medicine and went easy on those they condemned.

I hope you are heeding Jesus' advice then and have sinned no more.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-14-2017 at 01:03 PM..

Old 07-14-2017, 01:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I was never given a license to tell them not to sin. Those who think they have are hanging onto the residual morsels of an old system (that clearly failed flat on it's face) that those who entered into the new and living way could'nt let go of. NAMASTE.

Did ya happen to read THIS post?

Tell me: have you healed the sick, raised the dead, given sight to the blind, caused the lame to walk? If not, why not? Do you realize it's even because Satan cannot cast out Satan? Only what you yourself have overcome, can you cast out, and you must cast out, because that is the ROOT, the ailment is the fruit.

The reason Jesus could say that is because He had no roots in Him, and therefore no fruits, either, which is why via the Spirit that was in Him, He too could cast them out. BECAUSE of the law, which condemned ALL FLESH UNDER SIN (before the law came we knew not what sin was), that He FULFILLED BY FULFILLING IT IN HIMSELF (roots overcome) FIRST (RCC doctrine of the flesh of Him being perfect from birth is a LIE, He GREW in wisdom and stature, wisdom is what teaches us how to overcome the flesh).

For the last 2 days or 2000 years He has desired to fulfill it in His body as well, for He said tell Herod (a type of the carnal mind) that for 2 days I will do cures and cast out devils, but the 3rd day I will be perfected. The carnal mind is the ruler you have to "speak" to. Which is why it was said, that if you have faith as a mustard seed you will say to this mountain (of sinful flesh, whose ruler is the carnal mind and the carnal mind of others), be thou cast into the sea and it will obey you. Refusing to "see" sin and cover it over like a cat in a litter box, was never in the plan.

This is also why He said if you offend one of these little (those weak in the faith) ones it would be better for you if a MILLSTONE (the carnal mind is used as a SERVANT to grind out the grain of the Word and remove the chaff of the flesh) would be put around your neck and you thrown into the sea (death by being covered over by the waters of judgment to the flesh = the law) meaning you're not perfected yet, go back to the millstone and "drown" yourself in the process it's part of.

And I want to make it plain what "offend" means to G-d. It's not offending someone with the truth of His Word. It comes from a root word meaning "to cover with a garment", as in to hide to do injury to them in some fashion, like to steal from them. Every time we go to someone and give them a half truth or distort the Word to suit our flesh of the flesh of another, we are offending because we've come to cover them back up with the garment of UNrighteous-ness, the flesh that sins, and rob them a portion of the robe of righteousness, Christ, THE WORD, made flesh (spiritual flesh).

Like it or not, if we are NOT growing in wisdom and stature (the FULL MEASURE, FULNESS OF CHRIST) as He did, we will NEVER OVERCOME ALL THINGS and be an overcomer as He was (be of good cheer I have overcome the world), and it will show IN OUR WORKS, NOT OUR FAITH. Got faith? Show me your works. And I'm not stating this as a challenge to you, or to make you feel bad, I'm just stating a fact.

Before you ask, yes, I've been used to literally heal the sick and cast out demons/evil spirits. No, I've not raised the dead literally, but I have prayed for it and I try to raise people's perceptions out of their death producing carnal minds, to think as the Spirit thinks. Same with causing the blind to see, never done it literally yet, but I definitely work on causing the spiritually blind to see. Same with causing lame to walk, ie. explaining how to walk in the Spirit, although there was a girl and a man with knees He healed that one time . But not lame from birth.

Again, ALL GLORY belongs to Him, we're servants, just like a water hose to a Master gardener. Peace

Old 07-14-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Jesus was telling her she was free not to sin anymore......You only sin when you are under condemnation, you only talk about sin when you are under condemnation, you only condemn others that sin when you are under condemnation. Not only that you are a typical fundamentalist that takes from a beautiful story of no condemnation and attempts to prove your condemnation beliefs. No wonder Jesus gave the fundamentalists an earful of their own medicine and went easy on those they condemned.

I hope you are heeding Jesus' advice then and have sinned no more.

Which begs the question: wonder why Jesus was telling her to SIN NO MORE in the first place, since sin is breaking the law, if the law was made null and void? Peace

Old 07-14-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Which begs the question: wonder why Jesus was telling her to SIN NO MORE in the first place, since sin is breaking the law, if the law was made null and void? Peace
He wasn't telling her not to sin, he was telling her you are free not to. Isn't that what we all want? Not to miss the mark. No wonder Jesus used harsh words on fundamentalists who make everything about sin.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:48 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Sin has nothing to do with breaking laws. It has to do with unloving attitudes and behavior toward others. Fear of God and a focus on sin is one of the drivers of unloving attitudes toward others seen as sinners. Jesus removed the fear of God, replaced it with a God who IS agape love, and said God is NOT counting our sins against us. Jesus embodied perfect agape love as a human, did what we could NOT do by connecting all humans to God, and removed any need for us to be perfect. He provided cover for our imperfections as long as we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't.

Old 07-15-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sin has nothing to do with breaking laws. It has to do with unloving attitudes and behavior toward others. Fear of God and a focus on sin is one of the drivers of unloving attitudes toward others seen as sinners. Jesus removed the fear of God, replaced it with a God who IS agape love, and said God is NOT counting our sins against us. Jesus embodied perfect agape love as a human, did what we could NOT do by connecting all humans to God, and removed any need for us to be perfect. He provided cover for our imperfections as long as we love God and each other every day and repent when we don't.

Oh, ok, sin has nothing to do with breaking laws. Tell me then: who told you to love G-d and your brother? Peace

Old 07-15-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
He wasn't telling her not to sin, he was telling her you are free not to. Isn't that what we all want? Not to miss the mark. No wonder Jesus used harsh words on fundamentalists who make everything about sin.

Wow. You've really got to stretch to reach that far. Peace

Old 07-15-2017, 01:47 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
He was telling her the sin was uprooted, upbraided.

Please I beg you, be carefull what you say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity