Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2017, 07:44 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
But Rbbi, I will say, I have a raging fever, so I suppose it's entirely possible that something you said went over my head. My apologies for not following, if that is the case.

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon. Peace

Old 07-23-2017, 07:47 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,446,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
For some believers, legalization is the only hurdle to recreational use (because they know they are no longer under the law of Moses).

Before we go any further, do we have any believers from the states with recreational use (Colorado, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Nevada, Alaska, Oregon, Washington & D.C)?

How do you feel about society's acceptance, and does it open the door or is it not a issue? How about your church - what's the message from the pulpit?
For me personally I don't care for legalization. I'm more about decriminalization.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:25 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I wouldn't be worrying about what men think about it, I'd be concerned over what G-d thought about it. Peace
I am not worried about nor do I believe in any Gods. I asked the question directed to Christian people as the title of this thread is a Christian prespective. I thought some Christians would inform me not to simply try to shut me up. Thanks for bringing me no close to an answer than I was before asking.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I am not worried about nor do I believe in any Gods. I asked the question directed to Christian people as the title of this thread is a Christian prespective. I thought some Christians would inform me not to simply try to shut me up. Thanks for bringing me no close to an answer than I was before asking.

Excuse me? Where did I try to shut you up, as if I care what questions you ask? Ask away, but if you ask in a CHRISTIAN forum, then you have to be prepared (or not) to get Christian answers on the topic, even if they are not what you may or may not have had in mind. That should be a given. Peace

Old 07-23-2017, 02:51 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Excuse me? Where did I try to shut you up, as if I care what questions you ask? Ask away, but if you ask in a CHRISTIAN forum, then you have to be prepared (or not) to get Christian answers on the topic, even if they are not what you may or may not have had in mind. That should be a given. Peace
The topic is what is a Christian prespective and I asked what it would be when Marijuana is legal, for both medicinal and recreational use in Canada and you told me to not worry about what man cares worry about what God cares. No, I was asking what Christians think would be God's thought on if it would be a sin or not. I asked in the Christianity forum because that is exactly what the subject heading states. I asked for a Christian prespective hoping to get some answers from Christians. As far as I am concerned yours was not an answer as if I answered it with how God would care I would get Badlander's prespective. If that is the case then I guess God would say that like alcohol, it would be fine in moderation. But then why would anyone ask a Christian any question if they have to make up their own answer?

So Rabbi and everyone else, what is the Christian prespective for countries where it is perfectly legal and regulated and is that different from where it is illegal. Just honest curiosity on a topic posted by some here.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
The topic is what is a Christian prespective and I asked what it would be when Marijuana is legal, for both medicinal and recreational use in Canada and you told me to not worry about what man cares worry about what God cares. No, I was asking what Christians think would be God's thought on if it would be a sin or not. I asked in the Christianity forum because that is exactly what the subject heading states. I asked for a Christian prespective hoping to get some answers from Christians. As far as I am concerned yours was not an answer as if I answered it with how God would care I would get Badlander's prespective. If that is the case then I guess God would say that like alcohol, it would be fine in moderation. But then why would anyone ask a Christian any question if they have to make up their own answer?

So Rabbi and everyone else, what is the Christian prespective for countries where it is perfectly legal and regulated and is that different from where it is illegal. Just honest curiosity on a topic posted by some here.

And again, MY perspective is, regardless of what MAN says is legal or not, good or bad, as always, I would be more concerned with G-d thinks about it. I do understand that if you're not a Christian that seems like no answer at all to you, but to some Christians (me being one of them), it is THE answer, and the ONLY answer. I'm not trying to offend or deflect, this is really how I feel. Peace

Old 07-23-2017, 03:40 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:

Badlander, I would gather from other posts in the thread, that there are some, like Rbbi, who think it's wrong whether it's legal or not. There are others who don't' think it's wrong. It's a mixed bag.

Not being a Christian, my opinion isn't what you asked for, so I won't muddy the waters.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
And again, MY perspective is, regardless of what MAN says is legal or not, good or bad, as always, I would be more concerned with G-d thinks about it. I do understand that if you're not a Christian that seems like no answer at all to you, but to some Christians (me being one of them), it is THE answer, and the ONLY answer. I'm not trying to offend or deflect, this is really how I feel. Peace
It's not that big of an issue, unless you make it an issue, having an intimate relationship and a glass of wine isn't a problem to be solved. Neither is smoking a joint - if it benefits the individual or those who partake in moderation.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's not that big of an issue, unless you make it an issue, having an intimate relationship and a glass of wine isn't a problem to be solved. Neither is smoking a joint - if it benefits the individual or those who partake in moderation.
Great post Jerwade.

Old 07-23-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

It's only an issue to those that know that there is a spirit behind it. Those that don't, can have fellowship with it, if they want to. Either we want our eyes opened to the truth, or we want to coddle flesh; it's one or the other. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity