Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:20 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I know...
No, you don't know, and nor are you willing to educate yourself.

Countless medical studies prove it can trigger mental health problems.

One example

Cannabis and mental health

Quote:
Depression
A study following 1600 Australian school-children, aged 14 to 15 for seven years, found that while children who use cannabis regularly have a significantly higher risk of depression, the opposite was not the case - children who already suffered from depression were not more likely than anyone else to use cannabis. However, adolescents who used cannabis daily were five times more likely to develop depression and anxiety in later life.

Psychoses - schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
There is now sufficient evidence to show that those who use cannabis particularly at a younger age, such as around the age of 15, have a higher than average risk of developing a psychotic illness, such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder.
These studies also show that the risk is dose-related. In other words, the more cannabis someone used, the more likely they were to develop a psychotic illness. Furthermore, a study in Australia recently showed that those who used cannabis could develop the illness about 2.70 years earlier than those who did not.

Is there such a thing as ‘cannabis psychosis’?

Some people may develop temporary psychotic symptoms, such as hallucinations and delusions, which resolve themselves within hours or a few days without any help. People who experience these temporary effects do not normally come to the attention of psychiatric services.
Previously, if a person was known to be a heavy cannabis user, and came to psychiatric services with a psychotic condition, the term "cannabis psychosis" was used. Often these problems turned out to be long-lasting, and the person developed enduring severe mental illness. However, we have now found that these cases should be diagnosed according to person's symptoms, including their use of cannabis which could be a possible trigger for psychosis.

It may be this group of people are particularly vulnerable to the effects of cannabis, and so should probably avoid it in the future.
Feel free to deny it. Smoke your lungs out.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-05-2017 at 08:29 PM..

Old 07-05-2017, 08:21 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Let me see if I'm reading you right: Making marijuana legal is bad because it is illegal?
Yes, if it is against the law, it means that you should not do it because YOU want things to go well with you, and take it from me, DON'T SMOKUM the peace pipe, I am a very good example of this, and proof of what Tzaphy says.

It would be better if you did not smoke weed, and if it's against the law of the land, I can make no excuses if I find myself in jail because the laws of Moses warn me to keep the laws of the land, BEHOLD, LOL, I am guilty and there is no need to raitionalise, I mean when it comes to the facts.

I have all kinds of excuses why I smoke weed, and in my eyes, I can validate and justify myself, but according to the house of Trumpets, I am convicted of me sin, being that it is illegal where I live.

BUT YO, Dont' get me started, BRB, feel free to talk amongst yourself while I burn this dube.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:31 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Brought to you by the same generation that made marijuana a schedule one drug, and called it a drug that causes people to murder others.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:45 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Brought to you by the same generation that made marijuana a schedule one drug, and called it a drug that causes people to murder others.
Don't turn your back on me, I got the crazies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiCHQgHtLWE

Man O man Baby.

Listen Bonny, your brother can get smashed, he's a dude, O BONNY, don't be like a dude in left field Bonny.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:14 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you don't know, and nor are you willing to educate yourself.

(1)Countless medical studies prove it can trigger mental health problems.

One example

Cannabis and mental health

(2)Feel free to deny it. Smoke your lungs out.
(1) People with mental health problems should see a doctor before using cannabis. Too much caffeine, sugar, stimuli of any kind...etc can trigger episodes.

(2)Why are you so hateful? As a Christian I feel that people who suffer from chronic diseases should be able to find pain relief from a herb that is non addictive versus addictive opioids with numerous damaging side effects.

Old 07-06-2017, 12:19 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
I have a nephew who is a police officer for a county in Kentucky. He states he would rather stop someone driving while being high on mj than someone who is drunk. Alcohol gives too many people false courage to be idiots and try to fight. He says he never stopped anyone high on cannabis who wasn't mellow!

And it is much more dangerous to smoke as it has all the came carcinogens that tobacco does--although the risk of lung cancer appears to be far less.

Here in Colorado, I am a christian and the pastor whose church I attend knows I partake of edibles almost every evening to offset some terrible low back pain following 3 surgeries for arthritis. Until I discovered pot last year (my son brought me some cookies) I had never partaken--even in Vietnam where it was readily available.

But it does provide some relief and helps me sleep. The opioids I'm prescribed (several different ones) cause plenty of side effects, and if taken for very long higher doses are required for the same effect. Recently I read an article about research showing long term use of opioids results in a significantly higher risk of dementia. Still another reason to stay away from the "legal" medicine that pharmaceuticals are happy to help you kill yourself with. My own personal physician, who cannot prescribe mj because of the healthcare system he is in, admits that some of his patients have reported relief from pain by using the product.

I do not take it to get high!! But I drink, yet have never in my life been drunk either. There is no great morality in that because no matter how moral someone may see themselves as with regard to one sin, they are almost always quite forgiving of their own selves with regard to THEIR sin.

Judge not lest ye be faced with excruciating pain for which you can get legal drugs that are proven killers while proclaiming God doesn't want you to use pot.

Sort of reminds me of those people who let their children die of diseases and conditions which could very probably be cured. Yup, stand up for God by laying down and suffering. Kinda of reminds me of the one distorted belief of Mother Teresa--who thought it was a blessing to suffer physically!!

My Jesus healed the sick.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:38 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
(1) People with mental health problems should see a doctor before using cannabis. Too much caffeine, sugar, stimuli of any kind...etc can trigger episodes.

(2)Why are you so hateful? As a Christian I feel that people who suffer from chronic diseases should be able to find pain relief from a herb that is non addictive versus addictive opioids with numerous damaging side effects.
How typical of a pro-drug person to accuse others of hatred for showing some inconvenient facts.

It can cause mental illness. Get used to the facts.

Does pot make every user mentally ill? Obviously not, but it can happen. You want your kids to take that chance?

Old 07-06-2017, 09:30 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How typical of a pro-drug person to accuse others of hatred for showing some inconvenient facts.

It can cause mental illness. Get used to the facts.

Does pot make every user mentally ill? Obviously not, but it can happen. You want your kids to take that chance?
If you want to talk about side effects, how many other drugs do the same or worse.

Pharma commercials for research...

Old 07-06-2017, 09:45 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
If you want to talk about side effects, how many other drugs do the same or worse.

Pharma commercials for research...
And the answer is that ANY psychotropic compounds can have effects which will vary with the individual involved and the key, of course is to identify how they are affecting each person. The argument that a particular one CAN have such an effect and should therefore be banned is clearly only a ruse to impose the prejudices of the person so arguing.

Old 07-06-2017, 09:45 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
For some believers, legalization is the only hurdle to recreational use (because they know they are no longer under the law of Moses).

Before we go any further, do we have any believers from the states with recreational use (Colorado, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Nevada, Alaska, Oregon, Washington & D.C)?

How do you feel about society's acceptance, and does it open the door or is it not a issue? How about your church - what's the message from the pulpit?
Weed issues aside, you have made a false statement in saying that Christians are no longer under the Law of Moses.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." - Jesus as quoted in Mathew 5:17

The idea that the Law of Moses is somehow erased or removed or abolished is FALSE. The Law remains in effect - totally and completely.

There are a total of 613 laws listed in the Bible. Apart from the 10 given to Moses by God the rest are ceremonial or dietary in nature. Gentiles are not held to account for any of the 603 simply because those laws pertain to the tradition and the nature of Judaism. Many of them are still in effect today.

The original 10 commandments are also called the royal law or the Law of Moses and are still in effect. Those that do not live by the law shall die by the law.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LICENSE TO SIN.

Be advised that Christianity is in the Bu$ine$$ of placing its organization above that of the Kingdom of God. Since its legitimization by Roman Emperor Constantine, the church has been in the business of promoting its own agenda above and beyond that of God.

For example, it is said that salvation is free. However once one becomes a member of a church one is subject to a religious tax (tithe) for the remainder of one's natural life. Tithing is not mentioned anywhere in the New Testament. It is NOT required of gentiles. Further, the subject of tithing has been twisted from the original Mosaic law anywan. It was only required once a year and in addition the 10% was to be used for a family vacation, not as a gift to the religious organizations of the day.

Logically, one should not join a church since Christ's (free) salvation does not require either membership fees or dues payments on a regular basis.

The only requirement for salvation is acceptance of Jesus Christ as one's Lord and Saviour. Based upon the blood shed by Christ upon the cross, one's past sins are forgiven HOWEVER future sins are subject to immediate judgment (while unrepentant sinners' judgment is delayed).

The church has taken it upon itself to absolve its members of sin - providing a substantial donation is forthcoming. Forgiveness from the throne of heaven is free, providing true repentance is forthcoming - there is no cash or credit card transaction involved.

Beware the false teachings of a false religion. Christianity has corrupted itself. Proof positive is the teaching that the Law of Moses has been revoked. It has not. It remains in place for everyone.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity