Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2017, 02:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Actually it started with G-d in Genesis 1. You seem to think that "love" implies we all should huddle under the same falsehoods while proclaiming Jesus, and that will make it all go away. It doesn't. Peace
If I thought that, then there would be no objections to your views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 04:49 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I will stay with loving God; and one-another, as separation comes from the constructs of men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Actually it started with G-d in Genesis 1. You seem to think that "love" implies we all should huddle under the same falsehoods while proclaiming Jesus, and that will make it all go away. It doesn't. Peace
All that started in Genesis was the education of newly minted consciousness in "the dust of the earth."

Old 08-20-2017, 04:55 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I will stay with loving God; and one-another, as separation comes from the constructs of men.

We humans do like to complicate things all too often.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:08 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Aint no way around it, There are so many scriptures to back these facts up that it is ridiculous to even insinuate that somebody else is under the new covenant who isn't Ephraim or Judah. All the end of days prophesy is of Ephraim and Judah and nobody else. Judah is strengthened when the Lord comes to Judah first, and they will be like God, like the angel who stands before the throne, strengthened so much that even the mention of Judah would bring trembling, and God also says that after he strengthens Judah, that he will find and save the tents of Joseph and gather them also because he loves them, but there is no wondering who occupy the tents of Joseph, they are converts to Judaism in the same religion as Jews, and when these two unite, they are appointed to spoil the whole world. The kings of the world will gather the wealth of the world to sit at the feet of Judah, and the whole world will be brought into the valley of judgment where they will be judged in how they treated Israel.

Woe is he who fights against Jerusalem and the ways of Jerusalem because the coming of Messiah will be at the feast of Tabernacles and Zechariah insinuates that if you aren't already keeping the feasts and Sabbaths of God, you are fighting against Jerusalem and you die. Any nation or any people who refuse to come up to Jerusalem to worship the king of Jerusalem and to keep the feast of Tabernacles is already in trouble, and the only people who keep the feast of Tabernacles is Judah.

The unbelievable part of this prophesy is that you can read it to Christians and they don't believe it. But Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism that brought gentile converts converting to Judaism in order to become one in a marriage with Jews, there was no debate of the law, there was no doubt that all those gentile converts kept the feast of Tabernacles, IT IS THE FEAST OF TABERNACLES THAT THE NATIONS LOOK TO.

The feast of Tabernacles is unique in that it is purposely made for the 70 gentile nations to find salvation at the temple of the Lord where a bull is sacrificed for each nation, and this is why it is so important that every gentile keep this feast, and why it is demanded and enforced in Zechariah 14.

You don't keep the feast of Tabernacles to come and join Israel in the one feast it offers you to join?

It's on you, and you sure aint a part of Ephraim or Judah that Messiah comes bringing a new covenant for, it is extremely specific and black and white,'' FOR THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND FOR THE HOUSE OF JUDAH.''
According to the NT Christians are spiritual Jews: One is not a Jew who is one outwardly, but he is a Jew who is one inwardly...Rom 2:28-29. Abraham is the father of all who believe(Rom 4:11 & 16). Those who are of faith are sons of Abraham(Gal 3:7).

Also according to the NT the festivals God prescribed are only shadows of the good things to come but the substance belongs to Christ(Col 2:16-17)

We keep them spiritually and you don't keep them as the Bible requires. You don't chose a lamb on the 10the , keep it until the 14th and slay it yourself. Do you travel to Jerusalem 3 times a year to celebrate the Feast of Booth, the Feast of Unleavened Bread and the Feast of Weeks?

Christ is the Christians Passover(I Cor 5:7.
Jesus is the Christians unleavened Bread of Life.
The Feast of Weeks is our celebration of the beginning of the church(Acts 2:1-2).
Feast of Trumpets. Trumpets gathered all of God's people and when the final trumpet is blown, we will be raptured and meet Jesus in the air(I Thes 4:16-17).
Day of Atonement - Believers sins have been atoned for by the death of Jesus(Heb 10:14).
Booths. For Christians this is the best one, except for Passover. Christians are ambassadors for Christ(2 Cor 5:20). Ambassadors are representatives of the country in a foreign land---This land is not our home.
On the eighth day we will be recalled and return to permanent home--I go to prepare a place for you(Jn 14:2). The Christian's place with God is ready and waiting.

Not only do we believe the prophecy, we understand it and you don't.

I Christianity is a legal sect of Judaism, then we will be included in the new covenant.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:29 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Let's see, everything you do is pagan, all your Sabbaths and all your feasts but I am ridiculous for saying so?

It isn't a secret that the church Christianized everything Pagan, but if I point out the truth of what you are, you deny it.
Not only ridiculous, ignorant of Christianity. Instead of saying you need a kindergarten understanding of Christianity, let me change that to day care understanding.

Explain your comments. What do we do that is pagan. How are our Sabbath pagan. Dollar to a doughnut hole you don't even understand the Sabbath.

Christianity does not have feasts.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:35 AM

23,154 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Not only ridiculous, ignorant of Christianity. Instead of saying you need a kindergarten understanding of Christianity, let me change that to day care understanding.

Explain your comments. What do we do that is pagan. How are our Sabbath pagan. Dollar to a doughnut hole you don't even understand the Sabbath.

Whatever ya'll do in your pagan worship doesn't involve me.

I worship God and his ways.

Old 08-21-2017, 11:07 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:

You don't even know Christianity very well...

Old 08-21-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
According to the NT Christians are spiritual Jews: One is not a Jew who is one outwardly, but he is a Jew who is one inwardly...Rom 2:28-29. Abraham is the father of all who believe(Rom 4:11 & 16). Those who are of faith are sons of Abraham(Gal 3:7).

Like I've said, Christianity has co-opted Judaism and changed it a little here and a little there...

I say that G-d has chosen the Mormons and dumped the Christians because of their bankrupt spirit and violent nature so, that Christians are not inward but outward...All Mormons are spiritual Christians...

You, see it doesn't matter what some interloper wrote 2000 years ago claiming to have replaced the Jews...

Quote:
Also according to the NT the festivals God prescribed are only shadows of the good things to come but the substance belongs to Christ(Col 2:16-17)

And there is nothing in the Torah that supports this conclusion...It's opinion by a commentator...That's all...

Quote:
We keep them spiritually and you don't keep them as the Bible requires. You don't chose a lamb on the 10the , keep it until the 14th and slay it yourself. Do you travel to Jerusalem 3 times a year to celebrate the Feast of Booth, the Feast of Unleavened Bread and the Feast of Weeks?
"Keep them spiritually" = "I get away without doing anything."..."I have no responibility."...

Why would he?...There is no Temple there at the moment...Until the new one is built...

Quote:
Christ is the Christians Passover(I Cor 5:7.
Jesus is the Christians unleavened Bread of Life.
The Feast of Weeks is our celebration of the beginning of the church(Acts 2:1-2).
Feast of Trumpets. Trumpets gathered all of God's people and when the final trumpet is blown, we will be raptured and meet Jesus in the air(I Thes 4:16-17).
Day of Atonement - Believers sins have been atoned for by the death of Jesus(Heb 10:14).
Booths. For Christians this is the best one, except for Passover. Christians are ambassadors for Christ(2 Cor 5:20). Ambassadors are representatives of the country in a foreign land---This land is not our home.
On the eighth day we will be recalled and return to permanent home--I go to prepare a place for you(Jn 14:2). The Christian's place with God is ready and waiting.
Ahh, so you're a new religion...Only 2000 years old...So, what connection do you have with Judaism?...

Quote:
Not only do we believe the prophecy, we understand it and you don't.
What prophecy would that be?...

Quote:
I Christianity is a legal sect of Judaism, then we will be included in the new covenant.
Not the Christianity of today...You are trying to replace Jews...You have stolen our religion and modified it and have attempted to push us out or exterminate us altogether, but we're still here...

Old 08-21-2017, 12:13 PM

Quote:
By Jesus fulfilling over 50 Messianic prophecies.
Be honest now, you read this somewhere by someone claiming it to be fact, right?...

Quote:
You need a kindergarten education of Christianity.
And this is a mature Christian response???...From reading your posts I see it is you who could use the education in Christianity...

Quote:
Christianity was NEVER a sect of Judaism.
And you also need an education in this, as well...Yes, it was a sect within Judaism...

For example, Robert Goldenberg asserts that it is increasingly accepted among scholars that "at the end of the 1st century AD there were not yet two separate religions called 'Judaism' and 'Christianity'". - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spli...ty_and_Judaism

You can read more at the link or remain ignorant of the truth of the matter...Your call...

Quote:
It is based on the teachings of someone you do not even accept. You have it backwards, most of the early Christians were Jews leaving Judaism.
And what teachings would that be?...

You have it backwards and do not know the written history of the ancient historians, good grief, do some research and stop embarrassing yourself...They were not leaving Judaism, they were more like Reform Judaism...Until the Gentiles took it over and made their own new religion...

Quote:
It is implied because God does not promise some of His children something He does not promise to all of . God loves us all the same. You are trying to make God a Father who shows favoritism. Good fathers don't do that.
Ahhh, assigning human characteristics to G-d...So, where do you get this idea from?...

Quote:
There is only 1 Messiah. He is not denominational . He is the Messiah for all followers of God.
What Messiah would that be?...The one that popped up 1500 years ago?...The one whom people claimed was the Messiah?...

Quote:
Of course.

So, what's the difference?...

Quote:
I do,but I doubt if you do. You tell me what you think and I will tell you if you are right.

No, you don't know...You only think you do...If you did, then you would have told me...But you don't...

I don't have to think, I know...

Old 08-21-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Instead of saying you need a kindergarten understanding of Christianity, let me change that to day care understanding.
Real Christian here, huh, HF?...Can't come up with anything better than an insult...The irony of this?...She doesn't know Christianity any better than she claims that you do......lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity