Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2017, 06:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Yes. But masterbation is a sin as well. 😜
I think there's a thread one here a few years back debating that

Old 08-02-2017, 06:52 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel__123 View Post
I have always been different from others, i always think different compared to others,and i have been battling my inner insecurity for years. I grew up in the church and was taught any attraction between the same gender was a sin. I seen the bible and it is confirmed that it is a sin. The bible said something about a man and man or women and women shouldn't lie in bed the way a man and women do. Im not gay but instead Bi-Sexual. I always played to god for help and to change the so called,"temptation". Its been years and im still the same. Ever since i find myself drifting slowly away from god. But at times i come back because i know as a broken soul i cant fight my demons without his help. Im sad and even depressed. I always look on how others can just be straight and dont have to worry about the temptation at all and i just wish i was lucky like them so i wouldn't have to fight this battle. I dont blame god at all. I just sometimes wonder if he would take me with his kingdom and i just get sad thinking about the fact that i might get left behind. Sometimes i hear loud banging outside the window and immediately assume trumpets from heaven were going off.ok maybe im a little odd but its just because im scared of being left behind for the bi-sexual temptation i have. Please share any information you have but please be nice im sensitive.
We are all imperfect, but God requires the same from all of us. Don't practice what God calls sin.
We are to ' endure..... ' according to Matthew 24:13.
Endure faithful til death or until the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37.
Satan challenged Not just Job but all of us at Job 2:4-5
Touch our 'flesh' ( health affected ) and we would Not serve God.
Under adverse conditions both Job and Jesus proved Satan a liar and so can we.
So, just be faithful to God's standards and He will set all matters straight during Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth begins. Jesus will fulfill God's promise to father Abraham that ALL families and ALL nations of Earth will be blessed. Blessed with the benefit of healing according to Revelation 22:2; Genesis 12:3; Genesis 22:18.

Old 08-02-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Don't confuse the bible with truth.
Accept yourself as the person your God wanted you to be.
Rather, to me, don't confuse religious teachings outside of Scripture as being religious truth.
Jesus believed Scripture to be religious truth according to John 17:17
That ' truth ' teaches us that there will be healing for earth's nations according to Revelation 22:2.
Then, all of us imperfect people can become sinless and have leanings which are always upright.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Don't get bogged down in minutiae. You are who our superior wants you to be or he would have made you totally different as they have the power to do so. Enjoy your life with out the chains of religion.....
We can all choose to enjoy life with or without religion.
However, the Bible gives us more than purpose, and meaning in life because it gives us forever hope.
We have the hope that there will be health for all starting with Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
So, instead of temporary life now, what Jesus taught was about the opportunity to live forever which is Not chains but freedom from sin and enemy death which will be gone forever according to 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:04 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
There is no sin in loving those* who make your heart race, whatever their gender.

*If they are adults of sound mind.
Christians are given the holy spirit, and it guides them day to day living. The Holy Spirit truly comforts them. With this God leads people for what is the best of them.

Christians are lead by the spirit Galatians 5:16. When they are lead by the spirit, they are in contrast to following your sins. The resultant would be the fruit of the spirit which are love, patience, self-control"Galatians 5:22-23

With it comes a real peace of mind.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Love yourself as Christ loves you and you won't have a sin problem, that means you will have to learn to love yourself first too.
That is correct brother

Old 08-03-2017, 06:00 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Christians are given the holy spirit, and it guides them day to day living. The Holy Spirit truly comforts them. With this God leads people for what is the best of them.

Christians are lead by the spirit Galatians 5:16. When they are lead by the spirit, they are in contrast to following your sins. The resultant would be the fruit of the spirit which are love, patience, self-control"Galatians 5:22-23

With it comes a real peace of mind.
While all this is true, you seem to think that a loving same-sex relationship is "sin," and you don't present a sound basis for that perception.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
While all this is true, you seem to think that a loving same-sex relationship is "sin," and you don't present a sound basis for that perception.
All I can say no one is without sin and I not just saying those in same sex relationships. I saying everyone has sinned. Romans 3:23: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,. However without Jesus in one life, one life is not complete, and there is no true freedom. Even so everyone needs Jesus in their lives and he is reaching out to all including you.

Even so Jesus showed mercy to people that did not deserve it. One time Jesus was confronted by the pharisees who showed Jesus a woman caught in the act of adultery. The Pharisees stated according to the law, she deserves to be stoned to death. (Jesus knew the law and it was shown at at the age of 12 years old, he knew by heart Jewish customs and Laws and astonished the religious leaders of his knowledge then), However Jesus then wrote on the ground. Who knows what he wrote on the ground. However he may have started writing the sins of the Pharisees. He stated who is without sin may cast the first stone. After that the people that were about to stone the woman walked away. Jesus showed mercy, even to people that considered not worthy or considered the worse of sinners. After that when the woman was possibly transformed, and had a new life, a new chance and a new heart.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
All I can say no one is without sin and I not just saying those in same sex relationships. I saying everyone has sinned. Romans 3:23: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,. However without Jesus in one life, one life is not complete, and there is no true freedom. Even so everyone needs Jesus in their lives and he is reaching out to all including you.

Even so Jesus showed mercy to people that did not deserve it. One time Jesus was confronted by the pharisees who showed Jesus a woman caught in the act of adultery. The Pharisees stated according to the law, she deserves to be stoned to death. (Jesus knew the law and it was shown at at the age of 12 years old, he knew by heart Jewish customs and Laws and astonished the religious leaders of his knowledge then), However Jesus then wrote on the ground. Who knows what he wrote on the ground. However he may have started writing the sins of the Pharisees. He stated who is without sin may cast the first stone. After that the people that were about to stone the woman walked away. Jesus showed mercy, even to people that considered not worthy or considered the worse of sinners. After that when the woman was possibly transformed, and had a new life, a new chance and a new heart.
Is there a quote or verse where Jesus said we are all sinners and come up short in relationship to the glory of God?
Romans 3:23 are the words of a mkrtal, not from the mouth of Christ nor God.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:53 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Is there a quote or verse where Jesus said we are all sinners and come up short in relationship to the glory of God?
Romans 3:23 are the words of a mkrtal, not from the mouth of Christ nor God.
It hardly matters, ztharz, all "sin" means is screwing up, and I know I do, and havemn't seen anyone yet who doesn't. Not a big deal, we all need a little grace.

However NONE of that post addressed the point that there is no valid reason given to think that a same-sex relationship IS "sin."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity