Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 02:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It has NOTHING to do with liking or disliking, at all, it's simply what the Word of G-d says about it that counts to us, that's all. And newsflash for the slow learners such as yourself: G-d is the greatest "discriminator" of all, routinely separating darkness from light, flesh from Spirit, since before certain Adam's arrived on the scene to shake their fists at Him over it. It's a fact, not a fantasy, like yours. Peace
The "routine" discrimination in the NT is about harm done, not rules violated. Intent is the whole basis.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:21 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The "routine" discrimination in the NT is about harm done, not rules violated. Intent is the whole basis.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:22 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since you mistakenly think the Bible is the Word, tell me how a Bible can abide in you? Jesus IS the Word and He actually abides in us as the Comforter to guide us to the truth God has "written in our hearts." You routinely deny the Comforter and refuse to look into your heart because you rigidly believe everything "written in ink" instead.

Let's see now: Jesus said, if you abide in Me and my Word abides in you....did you notice....He DIDN'T SAY there, "and I abide in you"? No, He plainly said, IF MY WORD abides in you.

For those of you whom English is not a first language, "my" there is a possessive pronoun, which means it denotes ownership of the individual to something else, that something else, in this case, THE WORD. Peace

Old 08-08-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Let's see now: Jesus said, if you abide in Me and my Word abides in you....did you notice....He DIDN'T SAY there, "and I abide in you"? No, He plainly said, IF MY WORD abides in you.

For those of you whom English is not a first language, "my" there is a possessive pronoun, which means it denotes ownership of the individual to something else, that something else, in this case, THE WORD. Peace
Well, gosh, you definitely confirm what Mystic was saying in his effort to show scgraham that "The Word" is NOT the Bible. Thank you.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:

What do you think was "routine" about Him going to the cross to cover our sins with His own blood? Peace

Old 08-08-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Well, gosh, you definitely confirm what Mystic was saying in his effort to show scgraham that "The Word" is NOT the Bible. Thank you.

Only if you twist it. The Word that is written is what must abide in us, is what He was saying. That's obvious. Ownership implies something OTHER than YOURSELF. Peace

Old 08-08-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
What do you think was "routine" about Him going to the cross to cover our sins with His own blood? Peace
Does that question have anything to do with what we are discussing or is it just another nonsensical red herring?

Old 08-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
They really do NOT accept the Comforter sent in Christ's name to guide us to the truth God has already "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant. They are strictly Old Covenant believers, nate.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Does that question have anything to do with what we are discussing or is it just another nonsensical red herring?

If you don't know, it would be pointless for me to explain. Which, as I recall, is why I decided to stop replying to your posts. Dog/tail. Carry on. Peace

Old 08-08-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Only if you twist it. The Word that is written is what must abide in us, is what He was saying. That's obvious. Ownership implies something OTHER than YOURSELF. Peace
Wrong. Jesus said MY WORD, NOT the word "written in ink" which is specifically rejected because the "letter kills." The Comforter sent in His name abides with us as a guide to the truth God has "written in our hearts" NOT in the Bible.

John 14:16-18 King James Version (KJV)

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity