Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:03 PM

28 posts, read 34,131 times

Advertisements

I have always been different from others, i always think different compared to others,and i have been battling my inner insecurity for years. I grew up in the church and was taught any attraction between the same gender was a sin. I seen the bible and it is confirmed that it is a sin. The bible said something about a man and man or women and women shouldn't lie in bed the way a man and women do. Im not gay but instead Bi-Sexual. I always played to god for help and to change the so called,"temptation". Its been years and im still the same. Ever since i find myself drifting slowly away from god. But at times i come back because i know as a broken soul i cant fight my demons without his help. Im sad and even depressed. I always look on how others can just be straight and dont have to worry about the temptation at all and i just wish i was lucky like them so i wouldn't have to fight this battle. I dont blame god at all. I just sometimes wonder if he would take me with his kingdom and i just get sad thinking about the fact that i might get left behind. Sometimes i hear loud banging outside the window and immediately assume trumpets from heaven were going off.ok maybe im a little odd but its just because im scared of being left behind for the bi-sexual temptation i have. Please share any information you have but please be nice im sensitive.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:39 PM

45,541 posts, read 27,152,040 times
The attraction is not sin.

The action is sin.

Jesus died for all sin. Believe and receive eternal life.

Now how you live after that does not affect salvation... but it will affect how you are judged when entering the kingdom.

Everyone has something sinful to which they are attracted. Your issue just happens to clash more with the Christian culture on earth.

By the way, straight people have plenty of temptation sexually... It is just not taken as seriously.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 07-20-2017 at 04:54 PM..

Old 07-20-2017, 04:51 PM

115 posts, read 96,100 times
Don't believe the lies of the enemy. They (the lies we listen to about ourselves) start so early in life. We're assaulted from all directions it seems! Not just with regard to sexual temptations and sins but with listening to horrible negative voices in our heads. It truly is a battlefield of the mind. I believe if you are seriously contrite and confess your thoughts, fantasies, etc. to the Lord, He will forgive you. You're human and each one of us has areas where we fall. Not one of us is righteous without the Lord. Ask the Holy Spirit to create a clean heart within you. Thank Him after asking Him as if you've just received a clean heart. "I cast all my care upon You, my Father, for You care for me." Keep repenting and even forgive others--the ones you thought you never would--and thank Him for his eternal forgiveness. Yeshua's perfect sacrifice is the atonement for mankind.

"In Jesus' name, I bring into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." "Holy Spirit, guide me into all truth and deliver me from all the LIES of the evil one."

We're in this battle together no matter what kind of sin we deal with personally! That's why we can't judge others, right? Consider yourself a work in progress and keep a short account with God as far as sin is concerned. He won't forsake you, but you must be sincere in your confession.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:00 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel__123 View Post
I have always been different from others, i always think different compared to others,and i have been battling my inner insecurity for years. I grew up in the church and was taught any attraction between the same gender was a sin. I seen the bible and it is confirmed that it is a sin. The bible said something about a man and man or women and women shouldn't lie in bed the way a man and women do. Im not gay but instead Bi-Sexual. I always played to god for help and to change the so called,"temptation". Its been years and im still the same. Ever since i find myself drifting slowly away from god. But at times i come back because i know as a broken soul i cant fight my demons without his help. Im sad and even depressed. I always look on how others can just be straight and dont have to worry about the temptation at all and i just wish i was lucky like them so i wouldn't have to fight this battle. I dont blame god at all. I just sometimes wonder if he would take me with his kingdom and i just get sad thinking about the fact that i might get left behind. Sometimes i hear loud banging outside the window and immediately assume trumpets from heaven were going off.ok maybe im a little odd but its just because im scared of being left behind for the bi-sexual temptation i have. Please share any information you have but please be nice im sensitive.
Read "Stranger at the Gate, To Be Gay and Christian in America" by Mel White, a pastor who struggled for decades with some of the same issues of "knowing he was different."

Don't swallow whole what the Bible says. People can and have supported slavery using the Bible and it was a CULTURAL acceptance of it that let it survive for eighteen centuries after Christ. But we have grown morally. There are other ways to understand the "clobber verses" (all six of them) in the Bible based on the cultural norms of that time. Please note that many of those Hebrew laws actually have contrary verses--and some of what it says shouldn't be done from a sexual standpoint were violated by great men of faith in the OT. Jacob married two sisters--which is forbidden in the laws. Abraham married his half-sister, Sarah. But the culture of that day was endogamous meaning ancient people preferred to marry within their own families. So pulling OT laws developed on ancient culture into the 21st century is a fool's errand and only done by those making an attempt to control behavior AND happiness of people today.

Now what IS important, is faithfulness to whatever partner you choose. There can be no deviation from that as Jesus was quite tough on "divorce."

People who are gay, Bi, Trans, have every bit as much access to God as anyone else. And the people touting how bad a sin it is never say a word about all the gluttons that fill their churches and often their pulpits. It's a double standard they are happy to play in order to feel superior to others and justify their condemnation.

Spend a lot of time reading and a lot less time swallowing all the uneducated viewpoints of those who don't bother to study Scripture in a scholarly fashion.

Best to you, and may God contiinue to bless you.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:06 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Straights also have their struggles as well. If it was not such, then how do you explain the large amount of divorces from the church? The flesh is weak but the spirit is willing.

You got to remember that Jesus Christ really loves you. He wants to be really close to you. He can truly set people free and be given a new life as well as being born again. With it he brings the holy spirit. With the subject of overcoming temptations on what ever it is, you can't overcome it on your own but through the guidance of the holy spirit.

God can guide and lead you in your life, and he has a promising future for you.

Old 07-20-2017, 05:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Don't confuse the bible with truth.

Accept yourself as the person your God wanted you to be.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:46 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
1) Ignore and beware of people like Troutdude and those who agree with him in this forum ...
they openly admit being a hater of the Truth of Holy Scriptures and so speaks for the one who destroys souls and salvation.

2) The Truth of Scriptures which God the Holy Spirit inspired says:
A: Jesus empathizes with what you are dealing with
Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses,
but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.
B: God\Jesus - not ourselves - is the source of strength to deal with temptation:
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is
faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you
are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Old 07-20-2017, 07:18 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
I have always been different from others, i always think different compared to others,and i have been battling my inner insecurity for years. I grew up in the church and was taught any attraction between the same gender was a sin. I seen the bible and it is confirmed that it is a sin. The bible said something about a man and man or women and women shouldn't lie in bed the way a man and women do.
Since you were brought up in the church how come you are so vague with regard to the Leviticus texts that you mention? They don't say anything about 'women lying with women' at all. Moreover, what would have prompted the inclusion of 'man lying with man' in that list of prohibitions in the first place? Well, we don't know for sure because none of us today were around then; however, it would seem that the Leviticus texts in question likely refer to men publicly 'lying' with temple prostitutes in pagan ritual practices dedicated to idols. If so, this would have nothing to do with one's innate sexual orientation either then or today. That many Christians use the Leviticus texts to condemn homosexuality in general is irrelevant. So, forget about Leviticus.

Quote:
Im not gay but instead Bi-Sexual. I always played to god for help and to change the so called,"temptation". Its been years and im still the same. Ever since i find myself drifting slowly away from god. But at times i come back because i know as a broken soul i cant fight my demons without his help. Im sad and even depressed. I always look on how others can just be straight and dont have to worry about the temptation at all and i just wish i was lucky like them so i wouldn't have to fight this battle. I dont blame god at all. I just sometimes wonder if he would take me with his kingdom and i just get sad thinking about the fact that i might get left behind. Sometimes i hear loud banging outside the window and immediately assume trumpets from heaven were going off.ok maybe im a little odd but its just because im scared of being left behind for the bi-sexual temptation i have. Please share any information you have but please be nice im sensitive.
Emmanuel, I suspect that you perhaps have one or two issues other than your alleged 'bi-sexuality'. What, precisely, IS the issue that you're trying to address here?

Old 07-20-2017, 07:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
1) Ignore and beware of people like Troutdude and those who agree with him in this forum ...
they openly admit being a hater of the Truth of Holy Scriptures and so speaks for the one who destroys souls and salvation.

2) The Truth of Scriptures which God the Holy Spirit inspired says:
A: Jesus empathizes with what you are dealing with
Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses,
but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.
B: God\Jesus - not ourselves - is the source of strength to deal with temptation:
1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is
faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you
are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
The Bible and one's interpretation of the Bible (yes, the Holy Scriptures themselves!) has been - and IS - the cause of much conflict and division within modern-day 'Christianity', twin.spin. The message of Jesus has become lost among all of the religious claptrap that is often preached from the pulpits of many mainstream churches. This is why so many churches are now springing up that are basically saying, "Hey, the scales of religiosity have now been lifted from our eyes and we now actually GET what Jesus asked of us. Come one, come all!"

Old 07-20-2017, 07:41 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
Don't get bogged down in minutiae. You are who our superior wants you to be or he would have made you totally different as they have the power to do so. Enjoy your life with out the chains of religion.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity