Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 11:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times

Advertisements

Talking to believers here, not debating atheists, naturally......haha, let's see how much that is respected!!!!! We could, of course ignore them, and talk amongst ourselves....yes, lets!!!
Novel idea, since there are plenty of other places to engage with them.

I see many reasons why Jesus walked on water...you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 11:52 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Talking to believers here, not debating atheists, naturally......haha, let's see how much that is respected!!!!! We could, of course ignore them, and talk amongst ourselves....yes, lets!!!

To convince His disciples He was the Son of God.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:55 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:

No.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:10 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,382,655 times
Quote:

Is this like those, "Why did the chicken cross the road?" jokes.

Why did Jesus walk on water? To prove he wasn't chicken.
Why did Jesus walk on water? To get to the other side of the lake.
Why did Jesus walk on water? To go visit the village idiot. Knock knock. Who's there? Jesus.

Okay, just playing, obviously. What reasons do you see, MissH?

Old 07-30-2017, 01:36 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,360,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
What reasons do you see, MissH?
Later...
But, here is one...to show the world that it is not what we thought it was...not by a long shot!

Old 07-30-2017, 01:51 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,724,640 times
Quote:

yes to prove to the disciples he had his Father's keys to creation and all of the elements of creation..
and he definitely has those keys and knows how to use them too . wow !! one day I told him
that Pinocchio was not a real boy because I had freaked out about something I saw........ later that two boys show up and both are about 3 1/2 feet tall and on a smaller four wheeler... they stopped at me and asked me about my puppy.. they then went past me and went 100 feet and I watched them . .. by the time they turned around and got back to me again and on that same 4 wheeler they both had grown at least 6 inches... and as I followed in my car to get the puppy( great Pyrenees that was born with our sheep) of ours they found and one of the two boys entered a house at about 5ft tall and came out nearly 6ft tall all in a matter of about 5 minutes for the total story . I about couldn't speak after that .. just told the Lord " I'm sorry...Pinocchio was a real boy and I was sorry for hurting his feelings , and it was I who probably wasn't real " , because the 6ft boy was almost crying and could barely talk to me and couldn't look at me. so I knew he was hurt.
Pinocchio is a realler boy than we are and knows how to use the laws of what we think of as reality... which isn't real... our reality is just a bunch of laws created by their( Father and Sons ) words and breath . Laws they can alter by those same words and breath. He will do this because he knows the laws of and has the keys of creation .

Mic 1:4
The mountains will melt under Him,
And the valleys will split
Like wax before the fire,
Like waters poured down a steep place.
I've been convinced he will do this !!
only because he wants us to be as real as he is and with him in his Father's kingdom and live in a more productive earth so that we have more time to play and ride 4 wheelers and boats and such.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 07-30-2017 at 03:07 PM..

Old 07-30-2017, 02:02 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,773,535 times
Quote:
Later...
But, here is one...to show the world that it is not what we thought it was...not by a long shot!
What is it?

Old 07-30-2017, 02:19 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,707,455 times
Quote:
Later...
To prove that he has power over all things, even the water and air obey him. That is the reason I think Jesus walked on water. Some people see the scripture in a symbolic light -- walking on the water as being "peoples" which I have considered.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:32 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Jesus walked on water to show that His called of Father God....... Other cases of believers to walk in air was a man they call St. Joseph of Cupertino who would pray in the air ...

Old 07-30-2017, 02:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus walked on water to show that His called of Father God....... Other cases of believers to walk in air was a man they call St. Joseph of Cupertino who would pray in the air ...
So Joe of Cupertino would levitate and pray at the same time ?. Do you think the churches would be ok with this today if he said let us pray and the next minute he's hovering above you, or would they say it's some Eastern religious practice ?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity