Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2017, 09:16 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
So Omega BP Vizio, which of the above scriptural statements do you disagree with ?.

What is it with you guys? You just can't get out of your paranoia or what? ALL three of those people are DIFFERENT posters, and I think you're smart enough to know that, so what's your REAL motive in doing this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
You mean you know if you answer it you would be snared by your own words. You have just posted that Jesus can be recognized by character, and you know very well if you heard something that contradicts what you know about character, you would have to say that is not the Jesus i know. How could Jesus be so easily freely forgiving without no condemnation in one situation then act out of character aand be the exact opposite.

God is not holding sin against anyone....... Fundies especially those of Calvinist leanings are.

Really? So you're still going to ignore Him turning over the tables of money changers/lovers of mammon/self enrichment which He does on a DAILY basis, AND His prophesying the destruction of Jerusalem and it's 1.5 million people, for your "feel good" gospel? Try as you might, judgment to the flesh is an integral part of everything from Genesis on through Revelation. Take off your blinders. Peace

Old 08-07-2017, 09:28 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Really? So you're still going to ignore Him turning over the tables of money changers/lovers of mammon/self enrichment which He does on a DAILY basis, AND His prophesying the destruction of Jerusalem and it's 1.5 million people, for your "feel good" gospel? Try as you might, judgment to the flesh is an integral part of everything from Genesis on through Revelation. Take off your blinders. Peace
I think what Paul said in Eph 4:26 is applicable here:
26“Be angry, yet do not sin.” Do not let the sun set upon your anger,

Righteous anger is not separate from love, and sometimes needs to be demonstrated, but not brooded on. The idea that "love" has to be "namby pamby" is a figment of those who wish to avoid seeing how it really IS the only appropriate basis for community.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Thank you Miss H, you are so tolerant of us consertavive luvvy duuvy believers who are not afraid in love to call a spade a spade. Everyone gets a free pass in my book, who am i to judge, but those who want to send you to hell, do not pass go, do not collect forgiveness go straight to hell boy they need the truth right up them.

luvvy duvvy Camps

Well here's some truth for you. You're a bully who just insulted an 82 year old man for no other reason than he can STILL run circles around your weak theology, and who you keep insisting is someone else, I presume, just so you have something bad to say. Keep your "luvvy dovey" Jesus you keep displaying, to yourself, some of us are getting sugar intolerance from it. Peace

Old 08-07-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
What is it with you guys? You just can't get out of your paranoia or what? ALL three of those people are DIFFERENT posters, and I think you're smart enough to know that, so what's your REAL motive in doing this?
That birds of a feather look alike?

Old 08-07-2017, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I think what Paul said in Eph 4:26 is applicable here:
26“Be angry, yet do not sin.” Do not let the sun set upon your anger,

Righteous anger is not separate from love, and sometimes needs to be demonstrated, but not brooded on. The idea that "love" has to be "namby pamby" is a figment of those who wish to avoid seeing how it really IS the only appropriate basis for community.

You know, every time you use the word "community" it has set my teeth on edge like chalk on a blackboard, but I never stopped to ask why until now.

You're trying to make a "community" through likeminded ideas of the carnal mind, even if it encompasses things that are clearly against scriptural teachings, instead of recognizing that HE makes a BODY, which is SPIRIT, through His Spirit and then, also through His Spirit using the written Word as a foundation, raises them up in wisdom and knowledge FROM His Spirit. In short, it's a work of the flesh which will amount to naught in the end. No thank you, I don't want the Kool-aide. Peace

Old 08-07-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
You know, every time you use the word "community" it has set my teeth on edge like chalk on a blackboard, but I never stopped to ask why until now.

You're trying to make a "community" through likeminded ideas of the carnal mind, even if it encompasses things that are clearly against scriptural teachings, instead of recognizing that HE makes a BODY, which is SPIRIT, through His Spirit and then, also through His Spirit, raises them up in wisdom and knowledge FROM His Spirit. In short, it's a work of the flesh which will amount to naught in the end. Peace
So, what sets your teeth on edge is that I don't use a word from scripture to describe "the body of Christ?" I've noticed that strange tendency. Are you any kin to Peacegiver?

Old 08-07-2017, 09:51 AM

Christ in you, is your hope of glory, you in Christ IS the glory (hope realized). We have an expected end of FATHER'S, it is not of our own imaginations. Peace

Old 08-07-2017, 11:25 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
And it all depends on what you study...
Study does not guarantee understanding.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:29 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,523 times
Quote:
No it is not Vizio, you have just been fundy brain washed to see what s no there.
You are also ignorant of what a fundy is. and you have brainwashed yourself into thinking you are omniscient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity