Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 03:42 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Did you not[e] just that that i quoted John 14:6 that quotes Jesus saying I am the way and not I am the ONLY way.

But by ME, (All that he represents)>>>>>> This is the way, walk ye in it. We come to the Father BY the way(no, not to earn our way to heaven, but to live by heaven ) . The way is a way of life and i think you know that your bible says all who express their faith in love that Christ is their life.

Luvvy duvvy camps.
The manner of speaking I undestand would word it: "I am the representation of the Way by which everyone comes to the Father and everyone who comes to the Father comes in the way of that concern for the well-being of everyone that IS the kind of love I teach."

The problem comes when the architects of control try to make the idea EXclusive, that everyone needs to belong to their religion about Jesus, instead of following the Way He demonstrated that has nothing to do with ANY religion.

Last edited by nateswift; 08-04-2017 at 03:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
I Cor 13:1-3

The definition of love according to God is in the bible but not what you quote.

Keep searching and seeking the Lord for those who do what is right the door will open.

"Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and it will be given to you and all that you need as well"
I'm sorry, where and what is that "definition of love" that is in the Bible?

Old 08-04-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Mark 16:19 So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
So....where is Heaven again?

Old 08-04-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So the answer is "no"?
So the answer, as I said is "No, I don't love AS MUCH as Jesus" but I do love in the Way of Jesus and I am trying to grow in that Way.

There IS a difference between quantity or quality and process.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:51 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Whoa, nateswift...inside US!

Old 08-04-2017, 03:57 PM

88 posts, read 36,718 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, where and what is that "definition of love" that is in the Bible?
It is in the OT and in the Gospel of John. One must have the eyes to see and the ears to hear.

Read and speak the Lord to gain the ears and the eyes of vision.

Find out how God loves the Son and love like the son.

What does the Son do as described in the Gospels and stated by Jesus?

Old 08-04-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Whoa, nateswift...inside US!
Thank you Miss H. How do you see that in relation to the following exchange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You have it all wrong. Jesus said he goes to prepare a place that where he is>>.we will be also.... If you have eyes to see he clearly says where that he is.....Pay attention BP , take off your HEAVEN AND HELL fundy goggles, are you ready for it >>>>> Here is where he was >>>>> same chapter At that day ye shall know that I am "IN" my Father.

So Jesus went to prepare a place for us that when he returned we would be in the same place and Jesus said that place was no other than in his Father. In the Father is what he lived out of>>>>> same chapter, pay attention The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Don't be bothered just find the ability for yourself to read the scripture by the Spirit, you'll have to let go off all your preconceived ideas first though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Mark 16:19 So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God.
Quote:

Old 08-04-2017, 04:00 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Heaven is a literal place where Jesus in resurrection body is seated at the right hand of the Father and where as shown in Revelation 7:9-14 believers go when they die. It is a place where the apostle Paul was caught up to (2 Corinthians 12:2-4). It is a place where the apostle John was taken in his vision in which he was given the revelation.

In Revelation 4:1 John writes, ''After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said, ''Come up here, and I will you what must take place after these things.''

But you can't locate the third heaven using spatial coordinates. It's a real place, perhaps beyond the Universe, or perhaps in different dimension, another plane of existence.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
Thank you Miss H. How do you see that in relation to the following exchange?
Oh honey, I answered the question correctly ...please don't now give me homework...pleeeeze...

OK, I went back and read the exchange...simply put...(but gee,
I've known this for 4 decades)...the Father, His Kingdom, and Jesus are all within...
This is why I advocate stillness and meditation ...sitting for hour after hour after hour after hour for decades.
It's all inside. Always has been.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 08-04-2017 at 04:16 PM..

Old 08-04-2017, 04:12 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Oh honey, I answered the question correctly ...please don't now give me homework...pleeeeze...
Oh my goodness, that made me laugh right out loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity