Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 09:05 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
No. Pcamps is saying that what Jesus said in John 14:2-3 doesn't refer to Him ascending into heaven. But that's exactly what Jesus was referring to.
Even though the context of the verse supports his assertion that Jesus was speaking of being in the Father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 09:21 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Even though the context of the verse supports his assertion that Jesus was speaking of being in the Father.
They are two different things. Jesus has always been in the Father. There never was a time when He wasn't. But in John 14:2-3 Jesus was talking about something He was about to do but hadn't yet done. He was talking about going to His Father's house which is a reference to heaven. To the third heaven which is the throne room of God.

After Jesus had told the disciples that He was about to go back to heaven, to His Father's house, Philip asked Jesus to show them the Father. This led Jesus to then explain that to see Him was to see the Father and that He was in the Father and the Father was in Him.

Going to His Father's house does not equate to Jesus being in the Father. They are two different things.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
When you are a Literalist, you won't see anything else.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
They are two different things. Jesus has always been in the Father. There never was a time when He wasn't. But in John 14:2-3 Jesus was talking about something He was about to do but hadn't yet done. He was talking about going to His Father's house which is a reference to heaven. To the third heaven which is the throne room of God.

After Jesus had told the disciples that He was about to go back to heaven, to His Father's house, Philip asked Jesus to show them the Father. This led Jesus to then explain that to see Him was to see the Father and that He was in the Father and the Father was in Him.

Going to His Father's house does not equate to Jesus being in the Father. They are two different things.
I'm pretty sure Camps was talking about verse 6, and Jesus showing the way to be in the Father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps
Did you not just that that i quoted John 14:6 that quotes Jesus saying I am the way and not I am the ONLY way.

But by ME, (All that he represents)>>>>>> This is the way, walk ye in it. We come to the Father BY the way(no, not to earn our way to heaven, but to live by heaven ) . The way is a way of life and i think you know that your bible says all who express their faith in love that Christ is their life.

Luvvy duvvy camps.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:40 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I'm pretty sure Camps was talking about verse 6, and Jesus showing the way to be in the Father.
Look at post #113 where he is referring to John 14:2-3 and attempting to equate it with being in the Father.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:47 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I know, right? Their "love" is like being arse deep in alligators; you don't know which one is going to try to take a chunk out of you next, but it's pretty much a given one of them will. Peace
rotf yep know that for sure.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Look at post #113 where he is referring to John 14:2-3 and attempting to equate it with being in the Father.
Okay. Brining it forward, just for easy reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You have it all wrong. Jesus said he goes to prepare a place that where he is>>.we will be also.... If you have eyes to see he clearly says where that he is.....Pay attention BP , take off your HEAVEN AND HELL fundy goggles, are you ready for it >>>>> Here is where he was >>>>> same chapter At that day ye shall know that I am "IN" my Father.

So Jesus went to prepare a place for us that when he returned we would be in the same place and Jesus said that place was no other than in his Father. In the Father is what he lived out of>>>>> same chapter, pay attention The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Don't be bothered just find the ability for yourself to read the scripture by the Spirit, you'll have to let go off all your preconceived ideas first though.

Camps is emphasizing that Jesus said "where I AM, you will be also". In other words, Jesus was in the Father, and that is where Jesus said they would be also.

I see his point, and I see yours.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:50 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I know, right? Their "love" is like being arse deep in alligators; you don't know which one is going to try to take a chunk out of you next, but it's pretty much a given one of them will. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
rotf yep know that for sure.
Sure, because when THEY do what we do THEY are just being vicious.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:50 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
I'm referring to those who think that God only wants us to love others but Jesus never said that was all that was required. They misrepresent His teaching. They turn it and twist it to sugar coat it so people believe it because it is easy but Jesus said it was hard and few even find it.
this!!
I put this some in another thread but it is talkin your language. that true stuff twin!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEg-_icuKjA

Old 08-04-2017, 10:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
I'm referring to those who think that God only wants us to love others but Jesus never said that was all that was required. They misrepresent His teaching. They turn it and twist it to sugar coat it so people believe it because it is easy but Jesus said it was hard and few even find it.
Love is not about mouthing the words, it's words in action - and nobody said, "it is easy."
However, If you want to talkalot or walkabout, doing absolutely nothing that's your choice.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity