Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 06:00 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
NO ONE is fighting against the idea of that real concern at all, we are fighting against being told to drink the Kool-aide the particularly community you have in mind, is serving. Peace
What do you think Jesus meant when He said ALL the law is encompassed in the two commands to love God and each other??
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Misrepresenting what is taught is not "Fighting," it is avoiding honest discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 06:01 PM

88 posts, read 36,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
NO ONE is fighting against the idea of that real concern at all, we are fighting against being told to drink the Kool-aide the particularly community you have in mind, is serving. Peace

Old 08-03-2017, 06:08 PM

88 posts, read 36,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What do you think Jesus meant when He said ALL the law is encompassed in the two commands to love god and each other??
What do you think Jesus meant when He said He must show the world that He love the Father by doing what the Father commanded Him?

If life is the word of God as Jesus claimed then what is laying down your life for your friends?

Wouldn't laying down your life for your friends be loving God. This would keep the first and a second commandment as Jesus instructed.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:11 PM

88,128 posts, read 83,978,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
The love only theology limits God's teaching to simply being nice to people but Jesus did not teach that theology. It shows in His parables that one must use what God has given or what is given is taken away.

Jesus taught that God's word is what man must live by and that it is the word that cleanses.

He taught to remain in His word and that His followers were to use it and follow Him.

The love only theology puts all the commandments into one but Jesus never said there was only one. He said to keep God's word.

He said that one must love God above all else. He loved God by doing what God commanded Him. In turn if His followers are sent as He was sent them they too must do the same.

Jesus was more about spreading God's word than being "nice". In fact He was down right mean on occasion.

Is it nice to be evasive on what the meaning of His teaching was but He was very evasive for a reason. The disciples didn't even understand. He had to explain some of the parables to them. Even to This day people are arguing about what He wants. Not that loving.

To say that God only wants us to be nice to others misrepresents most of the word of God.

Anyone care to back me up?
BUZZZZZERRRRR

Wrong from the first sentence. LOL. Nobody says that.

C'mon, dude.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
From the people on this forum.
You joined City-Data last week, and you claim to know in-depth what the people on this forum have been discussing for years, eh?

Or are you a new incarnation of TwinSpin that actually says stuff instead of just quoting?

Old 08-03-2017, 06:19 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,480,631 times
Quote:
From the people on this forum.
Toche' !

Old 08-03-2017, 06:21 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You joined City-Data last week, and you claim to know in-depth what the people on this forum have been discussing for years, eh?
Touche'!

Old 08-03-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Touche'!
HAHAHAHA.

Old 08-03-2017, 06:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,432,209 times
Wow ... I read this in a different OP
"I will give twin spin is due (although i believe is mindest is stuck in medieval Europe) is the only fundamentalist on here who will give you an answer and a straight answer at that " ~ pcamps
and now this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Or are you a new incarnation of TwinSpin that actually says stuff instead of just quoting?
I don't know if I can take much more of this love

Old 08-03-2017, 06:36 PM

9,588 posts, read 4,993,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Wow ... I get complemented by pcamps in a different OP
"I will give twin spin is due (although i believe is mindest is stuck in medieval Europe) is the only fundamentalist on here who will give you an answer and a straight answer at that " ~ pcamps
and now this.

I don't know if I can take much more of this love

I know, right? Their "love" is like being arse deep in alligators; you don't know which one is going to try to take a chunk out of you next, but it's pretty much a given one of them will. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity