Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 12:36 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Tell me Miss H....since you say you've seen your past lives, what is it that held you back from being perfected in each one? Peace
Are you saying you do not have a past life? if you did not how is it you believe you have been born again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2017, 12:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
PS no one that I know of is saying continue being a bad person....but if
you are a slow learner and continue to, say, rob banks, lie and cheat, sorry, but our Dad
still will love you.
I do not know many worse mothers and fathers than mine, of course there are,
but, little ole me, Miss Human, still loves them...and they were very, very bad.

Of course, God still loves us, Who is Love, is the Source of Love, Created love...and of course he wants us to have all the riches He has to offer....which are available when
we are pure enough to let them in....when the clouds are cleared away from our vision...and our hearts want Him before anything else.

What keeps our eyes clouded? Ego. The egoic mind or the enemy, the devil, the lower ego self...by what ever name ...that distracts us...keeps us in this suffering; misaligned with our Creator God Father. Undo the ego...by His Grace and watch what happens..

Old 08-10-2017, 12:42 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Read the four bolded words. The sword refers to the word that Jesus will speak.

Revelation 2:16 Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.

With but a word out of the mouth of Jesus the armies which fight against Him when He returns will fall dead.
It is all figurative Mike, nothing literal. Jesus is killing them with the power of His word that great two edged sword dividing between the joints and marrow, the spirit and the soul.

When have you ever seen any word of Jesus literally kill anyone.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:43 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
She means me. And yes, the Scripture, the specific scripture in view being Revelation 19:11-21, and which was written by John, is quite clear that when Christ returns His return will be opposed by the beast (the antichrist) and his armies and that He will kill them with the sword that comes out of His mouth. With but a word they will fall dead and the number of dead will be so great that the birds will have more than they can eat. Jesus alludes to this in Matthew 24:28 where He states, ''Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.'' This is said with reference to the time of His return at the end of the Tribulation. At His return, the tares will be separated from the wheat, the goats from the sheep, the unbelievers from the believers at the judgment of the nations which is mentioned in Matthew 25:31-46.

And yes, it is quite literal. When Jesus returns and establishes His kingdom on the earth the kingdom will begin with believers only. All unbelievers will have been removed from the earth and sent into 'the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41).

Your accusation of me having ''the froth of ecstasy over the potential deaths of your fellow human beings [which] practically seeps though the computer'' is a subjective reaction on your part. I have simply pointed out what the Scriptures, the word of God clearly state.

There is much more to God, and to Jesus who Himself is God, than you are willing to acknowledge. Jesus had a specific mission to accomplish at His first advent. When He returns He will have a different mission to accomplish. Your rejection of that fact will not alter it, and you people ''we'' who are saying ''that is NOT who Jesus was'' fail to view, and don't want to look at the entire picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Um...no.
Barking 'Nuh uh' to what the Scriptures say is not an intelligent rebuttal. But I can hardly expect any objectivity from you people. Reject it as you may, an apostle of Jesus Christ, chosen by Jesus Christ, was given the Revelation by Jesus in which we are told what is going to happen when He returns.

You shout 'no,' but the Revelation of Jesus Christ says 'yes.' And I believe the word of God. But you just go on barking 'Nuh uh' since you, and the usual other people on this forum refuse to face reality.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:44 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Rbbi, none of us who believe in the salvation of all believe in a free pass, we maintain everyone reaps what they sow. Nothing more, nothing less. it is those who believe in eternal torment that hold to a free pass, believe in Jesus, get out of jail free card, no reaping what they sowed.
pneuma, I am not a universalist, yet I see the heart of love in so many of you who are I feel a spiritual kinship.

And one who has been born again will constantly speak of God's love--and understand that love and mercy will reap much!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=httACYMAokw

I can see her now, her weathered skin
Old straw hat and crooked grin
And she said child, let's make this garden grow.
Let's till the soil, and pull some weeds
And here's your bag of precious seeds
'Cause grandma's got a secret you should know
You always reap exactly what you sow

Sow mercy
Sow grace
Sow kindness
Sow faith
Words are like water, sprinkled with love
You will harvest all your heart's been dreaming of
Sow mercy

We knelt right there and she took my hand
That patch of dirt was Holy land
And she said child I learned this long ago
Oh, you can bless or curse
You can live or die
You choose the crop you want in life
That's the greatest secret Grandma knows
'Cause one day God forbid, you act a fool
And fall down hard and fast, 'cause life is cruel
If you ever reached to help a friend
A hand you held might lift you up again
What goes around comes back around you know

God bless.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:46 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Am I a slow learner or WHAT!
See, I shorten your name to nate...
So do I. I didn't connect the "swift" part, either.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:50 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
It is all figurative Mike, nothing literal. Jesus is killing them with the power of His word that great two edged sword dividing between the joints and marrow, the spirit and the soul.

When have you ever seen any word of Jesus literally kill anyone.
Keep your head buried in the sand. Underlying figurative language are literal realities. Revelation is quite clear that the deaths are literal. Fools that you people are you refuse to understand that Jesus' mission and purpose will be quite different than the mission He came to fulfill, and did fulfill at His first advent.

But like 'Mightyqueen,' just go on barking 'Nuh uh.' That's all you're capable of doing.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Keep your head buried in the sand. Underlying figurative language are literal realities. Revelation is quite clear that the deaths are literal. Fools that you people are you refuse to understand that Jesus' mission and purpose will be quite different than the mission He came to fulfill, and did fulfill at His first advent.

But like 'Mightyqueen,' just go on barking 'Nuh uh.' That's all you're capable of doing.
Not true. Sometimes I howl at the moon.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Drinking more coffee can lead to a longer life, while the mindset of some will drain you. LMAO

This one's for Trout!

Old 08-10-2017, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Barking 'Nuh uh' to what the Scriptures say is not an intelligent rebuttal. But I can hardly expect any objectivity from you people. Reject it as you may, an apostle of Jesus Christ, chosen by Jesus Christ, was given the Revelation by Jesus in which we are told what is going to happen when He returns.

You shout 'no,' but the Revelation of Jesus Christ says 'yes.' And I believe the word of God. But you just go on barking 'Nuh uh' since you, and the usual other people on this forum refuse to face reality.
No, it's actually becausee i have studied and discussed scripture and I agree with those scholars who believe the Book of Revelation to have referred to the early church and the Roman Empire, not as a prediction of the end of the world.

I could equally claim that you refuse to face reality, couldn't I.

You elevate a book to the status of the divine to feed your own sense of superiority and self-righteousness, and that is reprehensible to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity