Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2017, 05:16 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Other books, does NOT equal canon as any Jew (or Christian) will tell you. You're just reaching for straws to keep your false doctrine not based on canon. Peace
which then would prove Paul was not speaking of the bible= scripture as the BIBLE of Paul's day contained those other books.

My stance: the bible contains scripture, but not everything in the bible is scripture.

Your stance: the bible of Paul's day contains scripture but not everything in the bible of Paul's day is scripture

Thus you are proving my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 05:17 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,381,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Christian Bibles range from the 66 books of the Protestant canon to the 81 books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church canon. The Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) contains 24 books divided into three parts: the five books of the Torah (teaching); the Nevi'im (prophets); and the Ketuvim (writings).

Which books are you using as a rule or measuring stick?
Exactly

Old 08-17-2017, 08:50 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,242,854 times
GINOLJC, haven't read all the posts, I'm sure someone have already posted this. John 6:63 "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life". if the Lord Jesus speaks LIFE then he is the Spirit which is LIFE. scripture, 1 Peter 1:10 & 11 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow". STOP, the Spirit of Christ "IN" them? YES, the Spirit, and if one just go back to the old testament prophets they all said something to this effect. "the WORD of the LORD came unto me". examples, Jeremiah 1:11 "Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree". Ezekiel 1:3 "The word of the LORD came expressly unto Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the LORD was there upon him". Hosea 1:1 "The word of the LORD that came unto Hosea, the son of Beeri, in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah, and in the days of Jeroboam the son of Joash, king of Israel". it goes on and on with all the prophets. the WORD of the Lord is JESUS the Christ without flesh and bone in the O.T.

Old 08-17-2017, 12:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
which then would prove Paul was not speaking of the bible= scripture as the BIBLE of Paul's day contained those other books.

My stance: the bible contains scripture, but not everything in the bible is scripture.

Your stance: the bible of Paul's day contains scripture but not everything in the bible of Paul's day is scripture

Thus you are proving my point.

I don't believe you are this unlearned, so I have to conclude you are being deliberately obtuse to continue your non point. Then, as now, there are writings ABOUT scripture, but they are not inspired. The disciples and Jesus, who BOTH referred to the Jewish canon that existed THEN, are far more qualified and suited to determine what the canon was 2000 years ago.

I think the motive here is that you want to feel "special" somehow through this concept you're claiming, as if you're qualified to determine what canon was THEN, and that qualifies you to try to destroy it and add to it, and treat others that believe it as Jesus and the disciples clearly did, as misinformed at best, and ignorant fundies, at worst. It doesn't. If you want to feel special (as ALL of us are to G-d), receive His baptism so that you can find out EXACTLY who you are IN CHRIST, as our life is HID, in Him, instead of taking up a false banner and waving it high. Peace

Old 08-17-2017, 02:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
I don't believe you are this unlearned, so I have to conclude you are being deliberately obtuse to continue your non point. Then, as now, there are writings ABOUT scripture, but they are not inspired. The disciples and Jesus, who BOTH referred to the Jewish canon that existed THEN, are far more qualified and suited to determine what the canon was 2000 years ago.

I think the motive here is that you want to feel "special" somehow through this concept you're claiming, as if you're qualified to determine what canon was THEN, and that qualifies you to try to destroy it and add to it, and treat others that believe it as Jesus and the disciples clearly did, as misinformed at best, and ignorant fundies, at worst. It doesn't. If you want to feel special (as ALL of us are to G-d), receive His baptism so that you can find out EXACTLY who you are IN CHRIST, as our life is HID, in Him, instead of taking up a false banner and waving it high. Peace
It is man who had picked out the books they believe are inspired and set the others aside. But they didn't stop there, they also added and subtracted from the one's that were chosen to suit there own agenda.

Male chauvinism is the term for the belief that males are superior to females which they propagated in the literal sense of the word, as they demeaned the role of woman. It sort of follows along the same lines that you use when you deprive every soul (woman) of a positive human quality - believing that it has to be spiritual (male) or you are less than? Fortunately, no one is any greater or less than any other person. And it doesn't matter what someone may teach, explain or justify while exalting themselves with their exclusion mentality.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:29 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
It is man who had picked out the books they believe are inspired and set the others aside. But they didn't stop there, they also added and subtracted from the one's that were chosen to suit there own agenda.

Male chauvinism is the term for the belief that males are superior to females which they propagated in the literal sense of the word, as they demeaned the role of woman. It sort of follows along the same lines that you use when you deprive every soul (woman) of a positive human quality - believing that it has to be spiritual (male) or you are less than? Fortunately, no one is any greater or less than any other person. And it doesn't matter what someone may teach, explain or justify while exalting themselves with their exclusion mentality.

Funny, that the Master had that "exclusion mentality", as He referred to the canon then in existence also, isn't it? You're outside the garden right now, because the Father has an "exclusion mentality". Sooner or later you're going to have to conclude that He separates, even if it's at your own demise when what you should have separated while in the body, is separated for you. Peace

Old 08-17-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Funny, that the Master had that "exclusion mentality", as He referred to the canon then in existence also, isn't it? You're outside the garden right now, because the Father has an "exclusion mentality". Sooner or later you're going to have to conclude that He separates, even if it's at your own demise when what you should have separated while in the body, is separated for you. Peace
I see the mirror has been talking to you - the queen of heaven.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:38 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:

Old 08-17-2017, 09:56 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
I see the mirror has been talking to you - the queen of heaven.
Do you speak to your mother with that mouth?

Old 08-17-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Do you speak to your mother with that mouth?
I always speak the truth, even if you don't like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity