Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2017, 10:52 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,805,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I always speak the truth, even if you don't like it.
Like ?

I don't like luciferian filth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 10:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Like ?

I don't like luciferian filth.
The firefly Photinus pyralis is the most common in North America.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The firefly Photinus pyralis is the most common in North America.
Common filth
You've done asked for something

Old 08-17-2017, 11:10 PM

Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you. 22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror

Old 08-17-2017, 11:12 PM

The Brazen Altar and Court of the Tabernacle

Old 08-18-2017, 03:22 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,384,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I don't believe you are this unlearned, so I have to conclude you are being deliberately obtuse to continue your non point. Then, as now, there are writings ABOUT scripture, but they are not inspired. The disciples and Jesus, who BOTH referred to the Jewish canon that existed THEN, are far more qualified and suited to determine what the canon was 2000 years ago.
And what you term non scripture was IN THE BIBLE of Paul's day. Now if they are really non scripture as you believe then Paul did not mean bible=scripture as you and every fundy out there believes.

The disciples and Jesus ALSO referred to those OTHER BOOKS so why did they do that if they were not inspired also. I already gave you where Paul quoted from the book of wisdom, do I have to give you more? I can if you need them.

Quote:
I think the motive here is that you want to feel "special" somehow through this concept you're claiming, as if you're qualified to determine what canon was THEN, and that qualifies you to try to destroy it and add to it, and treat others that believe it as Jesus and the disciples clearly did, as misinformed at best, and ignorant fundies, at worst. It doesn't. If you want to feel special (as ALL of us are to G-d), receive His baptism so that you can find out EXACTLY who you are IN CHRIST, as our life is HID, in Him, instead of taking up a false banner and waving it high. Peace
LOL you have no idea about me sis, and your continuing claim that those who do not agree with YOU are not baptized, have not received Christ etc. just shows me your immaturity.

You say you have studied the canon, but your posts tell me you have not, or you just blocked out what you did not want to see.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Funny, that the Master had that "exclusion mentality", as He referred to the canon then in existence also, isn't it? You're outside the garden right now, because the Father has an "exclusion mentality". Sooner or later you're going to have to conclude that He separates, even if it's at your own demise when what you should have separated while in the body, is separated for you. Peace
Jesus did not have that exclusion mentality, Jesus and the disciples quoted those other books also, but of course you don't care to know that because it goes against what you are saying.

Old 08-18-2017, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Jesus did not have that exclusion mentality, Jesus and the disciples quoted those other books also, but of course you don't care to know that because it goes against what you are saying.
I am going to resurrect and old thread of mine show where Jesus and the disciples quoted from those other books. You really should take a look at it and enlighten yourself rbbi

Old 08-18-2017, 10:38 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
And what you term non scripture was IN THE BIBLE of Paul's day. Now if they are really non scripture as you believe then Paul did not mean bible=scripture as you and every fundy out there believes.

The disciples and Jesus ALSO referred to those OTHER BOOKS so why did they do that if they were not inspired also. I already gave you where Paul quoted from the book of wisdom, do I have to give you more? I can if you need them.

LOL you have no idea about me sis, and your continuing claim that those who do not agree with YOU are not baptized, have not received Christ etc. just shows me your immaturity.

You say you have studied the canon, but your posts tell me you have not, or you just blocked out what you did not want to see.

The canon is the canon, and you can ignore all the witnesses you want to in favor your "special insight". They referred to the canon, and nothing else. Just because some other writing mentions something similar doesn't mean it was inspired, obviously, and people present established the canon which you are trying to argue with. Which means you are arguing with Jesus and the disciples, basically, who wrote from THEM, that which they identified as SCRIPTURE, not some spurious writings.

Really? So you've had the baptism in the Holy Ghost, then? Do tell how it manifests. Peace

Old 08-18-2017, 10:41 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
I am going to resurrect and old thread of mine show where Jesus and the disciples quoted from those other books. You really should take a look at it and enlighten yourself rbbi

I did already. And you have the cart before the horse. I wasn't moved. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity