Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 04:33 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,665,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little pink View Post
For the living know that they will die, but*the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for*the memory of them is forgotten. Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished, and forever they have no more share in all that is done under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

My ex husband is a sociopath . I am a Christian and believe in the Lord . My ex husband once told me that he thought instead of going to hell that we cease to exist ? I never will forget that comment and at the time never knew what he truly was. Are sociopaths already dead spiritually speaking? Maybe my ex was right , God wont punish them , because how can you punish for something that never existed? I believe in hell and I will be haunted forever for what I just went through and the thought that I was married to someone who has no conscience and never loved me or my sons.

Excuse me, but your post makes no sense. Do you know what a sociopath is? It has nothing to do with religion - and your husband is certainly entitled to his own idea about the afterlife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 04:53 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe it is more of YOUR views do not line up with anything remotely called reality.
No One will be eternally tormented, neither will anyone float up into the atmosphere.
I prefer the Biblical view over what you imagine to be reality. Saying 'nuh uh' just doesn't cut it.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:02 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Excuse me, but your post makes no sense. Do you know what a sociopath is? It has nothing to do with religion - and your husband is certainly entitled to his own idea about the afterlife.
"no conscience and never loved wife or sons matches the psychology if I am not mistaken. It would appear that she received a diagnosis about her husband and is putting it into a faith context. It is hard to believe that someone is missing those components that dispose us to crave community, but it seems to happen. Rainmusic's comment is one reaction to that situation: "It is rather shocking how many sociopaths there are in this world who seemingly have no conscience. I consider myself a Universalist Christian because I believe nothing is impossible for God and the scriptures often point to it, however, I leave open the possibility that some will be annihilated for forgotten by God and by all who are in heaven." I don't know if there is a possibilty for such a thing to be engendered in such a personality, but I'll leave that open.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:08 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,961,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little pink View Post
For the living know that they will die, but*the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for*the memory of them is forgotten. Their love and their hate and their envy have already perished, and forever they have no more share in all that is done under the sun.
Ecclesiastes 9:5-6
My ex husband is a sociopath . I am a Christian and believe in the Lord . My ex husband once told me that he thought instead of going to hell that we cease to exist ? I never will forget that comment and at the time never knew what he truly was. Are sociopaths already dead spiritually speaking? Maybe my ex was right , God wont punish them , because how can you punish for something that never existed? I believe in hell and I will be haunted forever for what I just went through and the thought that I was married to someone who has no conscience and never loved me or my sons.
Unless damaged we come equipped with an in-born conscience.
Something happened and his conscience became hardened like un-feeling flesh branded with a hot branding iron.

To which hell do you believe in ?
Because there is the religious-myth teaching of a forever burning hellfire just taught as being Scripture.
There is also the biblical hell which is simply mankind's grave for the sleeping dead.
Sleep in death is what Jesus taught at John 11:11-14.
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach sleep in death:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13 besides Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Can you think of anyone righteous that went to hell? ______
According to Acts 2:27 the day righteous Jesus died Jesus went to hell until his God resurrected Jesus out of hell.
Jesus now has the keys to unlock biblical hell for us according to Revelation 1:18.
In the meantime the unconscious sleeping dead are Not aware of the passing of time as we are Not aware of the passing of time while asleep. There ' is going to be ' a resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous - Acts 24:15
As far as the wicked they will be destroyed forever according to Psalm 92:7.

Saying you are a Christian then there is comfort for you to be found in Isaiah's words at Isaiah 65:16-17 that the former things will Not be remembered, nor recalled to mind. So, when Jesus starts his 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth
such painful memories will Not be recalled. No more pain according to Revelation 21:4-5 and No more tears - Rev. 7:17.
So, you will Not be haunted forever by such horrific memories because God is our Comfort - 2nd Corinthians 1:2-5.

Old 08-20-2017, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I did Not read at Ecclesiastes 9:5 was his own idea, but rather written by King Solomon who was known for his wisdom.
People who believe in ' afterlife ' I find often believe and think they are more alive at death than before death.
This man's thinking seems to be more in harmony with Psalm 92:7 that the wicked will be destroyed forever.
In other words, No afterlife, No resurrection for the wicked.
Even Acts 24:15 says there will be a resurrection for the righteous and the unrighteous...... ( does Not say the wicked ).

Old 08-20-2017, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The Bible clearly shows that the dead know nothing and they are dead in the ground until the Day of Ressurection...
Yes, until Resurrection Day meaning Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth.- Rev. 1:18.
Resurrection Day does Not include those of Matthew 12:32; Hebrews 6:4-6 who commit the unforgivable sin.
Resurrection is for those classed as righteous and unrighteous according to Acts 24:15.
The wicked will be 'destroyed forever' as per Psalm 92:7

Old 08-20-2017, 09:15 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,804 times
Quote:
Then, you should give him a big "high-five" for his rapture and eternal damnation theologies.
Speaking of high fives, my little angelic grandson Robin likes to give his "Nina" high fives. He is the sweetest child I have ever known. He is 3 and the most loving little boy you have ever seen.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:30 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Speaking of high fives, my little angelic grandson Robin likes to give his "Nina" high fives. He is the sweetest child I have ever known. He is 3 and the most loving little boy you have ever seen.
You ARE blessed.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:33 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You ARE blessed.
Indeed.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
I believe it is more of YOUR views do not line up with anything remotely called reality.
No One will be eternally tormented, neither will anyone float up into the atmosphere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I prefer the Biblical view over what you imagine to be reality. Saying 'nuh uh' just doesn't cut it.
uh-huh. Yes, it does - if you have a mind of your own and are rational.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity