Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 07:57 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Um, I wouldn't say God craves glory, my friend....He IS glorious...Glory Itself.
And I can tell you from what He has shown me personally, while breathless in awe....it is not human praise...
more than anything He wants to be known.
(Once known....all else falls like Dominoes...) ❤️
Not a bad response. To further answer my response to you above......he doesn't CRAVE or NEED anything...his glory abounds regardless of whether or not he has us. He existed and WAS GOD before us, and he is now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 08:41 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
needs is a weird word for me. Let me think out loud, in text.

What does a diamond need to be a diamond? For me it needs to be an allotrope of carbon, then it acts just like carbon in that configuration, "a diamond". For my wife? she doesn't care what's its made up of, well, she kind of does, if it didn't scratch glass she would throw it back in my face.

so this god thing kind of reminds of a diamond. Are we talking a mineral or a jewel.

Hey, maybe my disconnect with some atheist is that I am not a jewelry person. I describe the mineral? My wife describes the jewel? How she feels about it is meaningless to me. I mean meaningless in that I can't do anything about that so I deal with how she is reacting, not her opinion on the carbon. Both her reaction and diamond are real.

If I record how the object I call wife is interacting with the system around her and I record the interactions of the diamond with it's surrounding, I will see they are both, indeed, there.

hey hepp, great question. The mineral made of up carbon is there, its real, and it is what it is. A diamond ring it what it is, I'll buy glass if I have to wear one for an event as a show piece.

for the most part, jesus was against show pieces. he definitely taught about the uses of this diamond ring type god as an excellent cutting edge when ground downed and sprinkled on a substrate so that we, in the imortal words of the great builder Bob, "get the job done." and cut through the bs of literal religion.

Diamond cuts diamond. Well, More like grinds through as opposed to moving stuff aside, like cutting bread. The two halfs of diamond would weigh less, whereas something like clay would weigh about the same. The volume of the diamond wheel less.

jesus, mary, and joesefey. i have to stop thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That was good.
It was. AA sprinkles a lot of gems around the forum.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
To be love, one must have an object to love or the title is meaningless.
Exactly, omega.

And since God, Existence Itself, is Love, there is no one
for Him to love but Himself.
And so...He imagined a beloved He could love.
So we have the cosmic dance, the Divine Romance, actors on a stage.
And this is one reason this is called an Illusion, a Dream.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:01 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
needs is a weird word for me. Let me think out loud, in text.

What does a diamond need to be a diamond? For me it needs to be an allotrope of carbon, then it acts just like carbon in that configuration, "a diamond". For my wife? she doesn't care what's its made up of, well, she kind of does, if it didn't scratch glass she would throw it back in my face.

so this god thing kind of reminds of a diamond. Are we talking a mineral or a jewel.
Oh but how you miss the point that "piece of carbon"
it appears you are not seeing what is really there.. that "piece of carbon" has been to hell and back again... it is stuff closer related to the stars than the carbon it was.. so in all that scientific logic you completely miss the process that bring about that beauty and that truth.

so if I was to look at you like you look at diamonds.. you are just ground up rocks.
but you are more than that only because you are of many billions processes and pressures that had to come about exactly right for you to exist.
you are not just carbon and neither is that diamond. maybe your form of "science" , the concepts of "science" and how you worship your "science" that your branch of it that you have selected has let you be a lazy thinker . and Honestly you will have to agree from this entry here.. we can't even discuss the emotional side of that equation of what it takes to create beauty. because you ain't really got that discussion in you , do you ?

only Jesus can fix in us what is really broken !

Old 08-16-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Exactly, omega.

And since God, Existence Itself, is Love, there is no one
for Him to love but Himself.
And so...He imagined a beloved He could love.
So we have the cosmic dance, the Divine Romance, actors on a stage.
And this is one reason this is called an Illusion, a Dream.

Unless God is a collective , in which case God is a whole plethora of beloveds all loving each other.

Let "us" make man in "our" image.
The Lord our God, the Lord is One.

"Us" = One.

Just something to ponder, MissH.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Unless God is a collective , in which case God is a whole plethora
of beloveds all loving each other.
Let "us" make man in "our" image.
The Lord our God, the Lord is One.
"Us" = One.
Just something to ponder, MissH.
But, you already have, aren't our brains linked?
Seems it.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
But, you already have, aren't our brains linked?
Seems it.
I have pondered it in the past, but it's only recently that it [possibly] makes more sense to me.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:46 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If an infinitely powerful, all knowing God has no need of anything.
Then, answer this: Why does he crave glory and human praise?
Quote:
Um, I wouldn't say God craves glory, my friend....He IS glorious...Glory Itself.
And I can tell you from what He has shown me personally, while breathless in awe....it is not human praise...
more than anything He wants to be known.
(Once known....all else falls like Dominoes...) ❤️
Then, why is there a need for unending praise, "Holy, Holy, Holy."
I wonder - if the human ego hasn't create God in its own image?

Old 08-16-2017, 10:14 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Good point.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Jerwade, where do you get these ideas? (the Holyholyholy one)
What humans may think is a need for praise of God's....is flowing
freely for those that see Who He is...have you ever heard the Angels singing eternally
to God in a heavenly place, ...I mean praising and adoring 24/7?
(Ha, very much like the sopranos of the Mormon Tab Choir...an earthly imitation.)
I have...sure God is loving it...but it happens automatically from the heart...
not a 'need', per se...when He is 'known'...watch what you do....

I suppose I am talking about the core or first basic need...to be 'known' first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity