Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 11:33 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Two neighbors came before God and prayed for him to grant their hearts' desire. One was full of avarice, and the other - eaten up with envy. So, to correct them both and give them a greater understanding of their own thoughts, God granted that each might have whatever he wished for himself, but only on condition that his neighbor had twice as much. The Avaricious man prayed to have a room full of gold and silver. No sooner said than done; but all his joy was turned to grief when he found that his neighbor had two rooms full of the precious metals. Then, came the turn of the Envious man, who could not bear to think that his neighbor had any joy at all - so he prayed that he might have one of his own eyes put out!
Yikes. But yeah. How we think about things determines how we experience them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 11:43 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

The Pharisees were offended because of their thoughts (which "defiled" them). So, it's those types of thoughts (plants) which were/are going to be uprooted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Two neighbors came before God and prayed for him to grant their hearts' desire. One was full of avarice, and the other - eaten up with envy. So, to correct them both and give them a greater understanding of their own thoughts, God granted that each might have whatever he wished for himself, but only on condition that his neighbor had twice as much. The Avaricious man prayed to have a room full of gold and silver. No sooner said than done; but all his joy was turned to grief when he found that his neighbor had two rooms full of the precious metals. Then, came the turn of the Envious man, who could not bear to think that his neighbor had any joy at all - so he prayed that he might have one of his own eyes put out!
Quote:
Yikes. But yeah. How we think about things determines how we experience them.
Indeed! And it shows us that the blind cannot lead the blind lest they both fall into a pit.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:29 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
I agree. I think that's a given.

Ok, then follow my thinking here for a moment, if you will.

If the seeds produce plants, and the seeds are spirits, then what are the plants exactly? Aren't they that which, having come up out of the ground/heart, display the nature of the seed now both being seen (the plant, the "works") and heard (out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, ie. more seeds to reproduce/multiply it's own nature), and are like a garment?

So then, if a garment, but not of the wheat, then it's safe to call it a false garment or covering, wouldn't you say?

Then is it any wonder that He prefers that we have His garment or covering that came from HIS Seed, that was planted, which is the Holy Ghost, which is why it is said, that He SHED FORTH (like a garment), that which is BOTH seen and heard = the (upright, not buried anymore )plant?

And does it then also now make sense that in Matt. 13 those that offend and do iniquity are gathered up (feast of INgathering/Tabernacles) OUT OF HIS KINGDOM (WHERE is His kingdom, again?) and cast into the fire?

He is all about having a harvest, and just like with the natural harvests, there are steps one has to take to ensure a fruitful harvest. The fulfillment of the feasts IN US, ARE those steps, which is what, in a nutshell, Hanni and I are trying to share.

Now anyone can wander away and ignore the steps, but the harvest will go on as planned, and some will even have the appropriate garment on at the end we are told, but more will have on the garments they started with and even more besides that, because they refused to follow the steps of the harvest prep.

And further, each one of the scriptures, is in itself a seed fully capable of imparting a portion of the life of that original Seed and Plant it came from to add to the covering, which is why He said that all the law and the prophets was written of Him, and their hearts burned within them as He spoke about it, because our G-d is a consuming fire like the one mentioned above, and the harvest began long ago, and will come to an acknowledged end. So if the scriptures are seeds, then it would it not make sense then why we are told to meditate ON HIS WORD day and night, because we are to prepare for the right kind of harvest? Peace

Old 08-16-2017, 03:04 PM

63,808 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1;49211348[B
]It's not the thought, it's the spirit behind the thought, [/b]
Quote:
I agree. I think that's a given.
It is a given so why does Rbbi refuse to ever describe the characteristics of the Spirit that drive her thoughts? We do so repeatedly, but she always avers.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is a given so why does Rbbi refuse to ever describe the characteristics of the Spirit that drive her thoughts? We do so repeatedly, but she always avers.

Oh, but I HAVE talked to you about His love. You just refuse to hear it. Peace

Old 08-17-2017, 09:31 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Do you believe you are better than God? Do you believe that God is unable or immoral for doing what he wants with his creation?
I believe only God is good.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:34 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I believe only God is good.
So why do you believe that you can dictate to God what he can or can't do with his creation?

Old 08-17-2017, 11:05 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,379,197 times
Quote:
So why do you believe that you can dictate to God what he can or can't do with his creation?
re: ''I believe God is only good."
Believing God is good...would be a belief. Not someone dictating.

My dog get nervous when it thunders....I am not dictating anything to my dog.
My dog is bad.
My dog is good....see what I mean?
And I am certainly not dictating to my dog if I say...She pees on the carpet.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:11 AM

8,172 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:

11*Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.
12*Then His disciples came and said to Him, “Do You know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this saying?”
13*But He answered and said, “Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be uprooted.

Zero, I would say that there are three equivalent things in that passage.

Thoughts which defile a person.
The reason the Pharisees were offended.
The plants not planted by the Father

The Pharisees were offended because of their thoughts (which "defiled" them). So, it's those types of thoughts (plants) which were/are going to be uprooted.

Good stuff, Pleroo!

Old 08-17-2017, 03:39 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Why do you with your fallacious teachings of eternal damnation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity