Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 12:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That would suck, I grew up in the 60's, I really do feel sorry for you people, you totally missed Disco and you know what, can't nobody explain it, you will never see a movie that will allow you to understand. If you were not raised by good parents who were born from the 20's to the 40's, it sucks to be you. The Baby boomers were the last good parents but parenthood and life had degraded so much by the end of the 80's, anyone born in the 90's didn't have much of a chance, he got real lucky to have good parents, but it's just not the same world, and you can't explain it, you can't create the feeling of that era in any movie no matter how hard they try, you can't put your finger on it because there were so many levels that made everything perfect, living in the right time, being a child in the 60's, being raised by real Americans, it aint something you can relay or create.

There are no "perfect" parents, save Father and Mother above. However, I will agree with you that things changed for the worse for sure, as sin multiplies with each generation and it becomes darker "out there" and will continue to do so until His return. Most of the kids right now, have drug addicts for parents, as the generation before them bought into the lie that it was ok to dabble in drugs and that in part was because of the generation before them that drank Coca Cola with cocaine in it. G-d help the children. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 02:58 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
There are no "perfect" parents, save Father and Mother above. However, I will agree with you that things changed for the worse for sure, as sin multiplies with each generation and it becomes darker "out there" and will continue to do so until His return. Most of the kids right now, have drug addicts for parents, as the generation before them bought into the lie that it was ok to dabble in drugs and that in part was because of the generation before them that drank Coca Cola with cocaine in it. G-d help the children. Peace
I don't do drugs myself.

I do take spiritual supplants from time to time.

Old 08-17-2017, 03:20 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Once I was registering to apply for a new Doctor and I signed up , and the Doctor called that I go and confirm and register to make it official , and the day came to Go and the Lord rebuked me , and said ``These are lying spirit telling you to do this If you need a Doctor Just Go to the clinic ``........ So to this day the only Doctor I got is the Great Physician Jesus Christ , still if I get into trouble and need antibiotics or an accident I can still go to the clinic ........... I don`t believe that these Doctors are the cup of tea for the Lord

Old 08-17-2017, 03:25 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Once I was registering to apply for a new Doctor and I signed up , and the Doctor called that I go and confirm and register to make it official , and the day came to Go and the Lord rebuked me , and said ``These are lying spirit telling you to do this If you need a Doctor Just Go to the clinic ``........ So to this day the only Doctor I got is the Great Physician Jesus Christ , still if I get into trouble and need antibiotics or an accident I can still go to the clinic ........... I don`t believe that these Doctors are the cup of tea for the Lord
I don't doubt that you heard a spirit, but what makes you think it is God when the whole world is filled with spirits in a spiritual warfare. Does the new testament speak of spirits moving through people, spirits that are not God?

Old 08-17-2017, 04:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Are you not one of those who claim the "age of entitlement" as their own?
Having an over-inflated sense of your own worth at the expense of others.

And, now that you mentioned it ...my parents were "perfect" for me.
It seems that they loved me, unconditionally, without any remorse.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:56 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Are you not one of those who claim the "age of entitlement" as their own?
Having an over-inflated sense of your own worth at the expense of others.

And, now that you mentioned it ...my parents were "perfect" for me.
It seems that they loved me, unconditionally, without any remorse.

Whatever that first line means, I don't know....

No, I just know who I am in Christ, and I give Him the glory for everything.

And I stand by what I said.....as far as G'D"S PERFECTION is concerned, there are no perfect parents, save Him and Mother Wisdom, who is hidden from mockers and scorners for a reason, which is why Joseph was righteous in hiding away Mary for the same reason, ie. those that would mock and scorn the revealed Word. Peace

Old 08-17-2017, 05:29 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Whatever that first line means, I don't know....

No, I just know who I am in Christ, and I give Him the glory for everything.

And I stand by what I said.....as far as G'D"S PERFECTION is concerned, there are no perfect parents, save Him and Mother Wisdom, who is hidden from mockers and scorners for a reason, which is why Joseph was righteous in hiding away Mary for the same reason, ie. those that would mock and scorn the revealed Word. Peace
Strength.
Awesome post.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:28 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Funny the doctors/clinic are keeping you from eternal paradise with your lord. Why do you accept their help?

Old 08-17-2017, 06:53 PM

661 posts, read 521,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That would suck, I grew up in the 60's, I really do feel sorry for you people, you totally missed Disco and you know what, can't nobody explain it, you will never see a movie that will allow you to understand. If you were not raised by good parents who were born from the 20's to the 40's, it sucks to be you. The Baby boomers were the last good parents but parenthood and life had degraded so much by the end of the 80's, anyone born in the 90's didn't have much of a chance, he got real lucky to have good parents, but it's just not the same world, and you can't explain it, you can't create the feeling of that era in any movie no matter how hard they try, you can't put your finger on it because there were so many levels that made everything perfect, living in the right time, being a child in the 60's, being raised by real Americans, it aint something you can relay or create.
I wish those older eras could be reincarnated though.

That was a serious statement I made above.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:59 PM

661 posts, read 521,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Have you ever personally experienced God get angry?

No, but I have seen and heard people make that claim on his behalf.
It went something like this: "God damn you, Jesus Christ!"
It's pretty fundamental to Christian/Biblical doctrine that "God" is the same as "Jesus".

So...
Either they don't exist at all or the quoted statement you pulled out of your hat is redundantly nonsensical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity