U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2018, 12:01 AM

8,366 posts, read 2,767,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I said you are not welcome here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
neither wholesome or lofty! I just is what I is and that is all what I is. , version of this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhxDQ1g964U
he sings it as I Yam. what I yam...
I would never sing it as "I am.. what I am.". that one is owned by someone else..
That's the place.
Neither wholesome nor lofty.
And three men found company that day.

Last edited by pinacled; 05-10-2018 at 12:53 AM..

Old 05-10-2018, 04:32 AM

4,056 posts, read 985,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Hashem has a Way.
A Way of what is not said compared to what is.

Have you ever thought of those four men named?
Those four men had nothing but dignity and respect for there wives.
true
Jhn 16:21

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.

she won't fully remember normal labor OR A SHORT LABOR .. but after 54 hours of back labor of a sunny side up ... her knees will buckle while trying to walk into the hospital for the second birth.. because being sawn in half is still being sawn in half..
but like this scripture says.. no I don't remember the second birth once the beautiful life is born, no you don't care any more. because the pain is gone.

and I can very graphicly explain back labor to you if you would like.. but I don't know that with your tender ears you could quite handle the description ( just kidding brother) ..
SO yes when morning comes and you have been birthing life it is worth it. ESPECIALLY AFTER ANY PAIN HAS STOPPED!!! and while in it your maybe not so sure..

and that new life , it might have stopped lots of other pains too.

but your knees still might have a moment or two of doubts when you are headed to the hospital again after a TOUGH BIRTHING ..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-10-2018 at 05:10 AM..

Old 05-10-2018, 04:45 AM

what three men and what four men? I have no clue?
I was talking about birthing life and pain and being ripped in half .. there is no men there,( except the Lord is in your prayers and he his word or his spirit is your comfort )..
now a few minutes before birthing a male or female doctor might show up and they get all the credit and all the money!

but none of them get to take home the real prize either ;P

so God has a way of balancing that problem out.

For sure birthing of new life is worth the pain.
be it an emotional and or spiritual birthing or a physical one !
life is always worth the pain..
but pain is still a pain! and there will be whining..

but it is in life that there is justifiable whining that leads to life and wisdom and whining that never births anything .. and that whining may never end and that person will end up friendless. :P

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-10-2018 at 05:18 AM..

Old 05-11-2018, 12:38 AM

Quote:
You aren't offensive.

I Love talking with you.

It's dificult sometimes because I'm shy.

Feet, and love feast remind me of water carried until water is poured on the roots of a tree .
After the tongue is made whole and the jaw is sealed to bring forth sweet water. A woman might find treasure of forgivneness when explorin scraps of wood that became the planks to consider a promise to come
Oh so few find the beauty of instruction and value the treasure.
You, found the pillars. And now you will weave the braids upon each plank and count the Blessings.

Luv u
well I struggle with "promises" anyway ..... because they conflict with contentment and peace .. simple joy...with my today.
when you seek to want a possession ........ it can make today miserable.
I think men and woman are very different in that way.
or maybe it is just me.

I can go shopping and be so happy just looking and walking and exercising .. just breathing... as long as I cna go to Sees and get that peice of chocolate, then I am perfect......unless I find something I really want that I can't get then the whole shopping trip is probably all but ruined. I would have rather not gone shopping... it is not like I have a need to see the latest fashion or such. and I have no need to find stuff I might want but I can't afford or it isnt in my size . or it is beautiful but I am old and can't wear it now anyway, but maybe I could have if I was 20 again.. a day like that can go south in a hurry..
I probably didn't need it either , but just wanting it can ruin a good day.

I think it is a big difference between men and woman.

well unless it is for big boy toys and they have the money for them.. though men rarely like shopping either , but they are sure more motivated by stuff they want.
but I do think woman might be a bit more motivated by love or hugs . more than just stuff. but her motivation is really only triggered by her own desire to do it her best. whatever her best is , if she can find her best ..

Old 05-11-2018, 06:24 AM

so the crucible appears to between 1. ( promises ( Not losing track of our first Love ) , 2 being (content in all things..) 3. wanting or needing somethings(
EVEN now , which
often borders in whitchcraft .. and really no peace is there..) .. but I only have two hands
and unless I can hold all three at the same time ....I am in sin against one or the other of these or all three .. and I have tried to do these three every which way they can be held or dropped . yet I offend the others...

so right now I am praying for the third hand :P (maybe sort of like the third eye?).. or is it grace maybe..... because this puzzle is impossible without three or maybe 4 hands. because there is still part is it that are not right enough yet... so there is still a forth element missing like REST/trust ... because there is no endurance without rest which is slightly different than contentment........ or maybe I just need to find the way to wrap my feet around it too..
then maybe being all jacked up .. there is probably no place of rest... so that won't last very long..
I guess I need two more hands.. so now I need to be praying for 4 hands.. or maybe 6 wings...OH then I can get stuff done too while I am waiting to die to self.... with the extra limbs.. that might work...or maybe not....<<<>>----[:P

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-11-2018 at 06:37 AM..

Old 05-11-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
so the crucible appears to between 1. ( promises ( Not losing track of our first Love ) , 2 being (content in all things..) 3. wanting or needing somethings(
EVEN now , which
often borders in whitchcraft .. and really no peace is there..) .. but I only have two hands
and unless I can hold all three at the same time ....I am in sin against one or the other of these or all three .. and I have tried to do these three every which way they can be held or dropped . yet I offend the others...

so right now I am praying for the third hand :P (maybe sort of like the third eye?).. or is it grace maybe..... because this puzzle is impossible without three or maybe 4 hands. because there is still part is it that are not right enough yet... so there is still a forth element missing like REST/trust ... because there is no endurance without rest which is slightly different than contentment........ or maybe I just need to find the way to wrap my feet around it too..
then maybe being all jacked up .. there is probably no place of rest... so that won't last very long..
I guess I need two more hands.. so now I need to be praying for 4 hands.. or maybe 6 wings...OH then I can get stuff done too while I am waiting to die to self.... with the extra limbs.. that might work...or maybe not....<<<>>----[:P
remember the well.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
remember the well.
I was hoping that was the second set of hands. or the wings... in there someplace lies grace..the living water works too. I love water.. greatest of God creations..

Old 05-11-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I was hoping that was the second set of hands. or the wings... in there someplace lies grace..the living water works too. I love water.. greatest of God creations..
3s and 4s.
At the heart of the well.

So Yitz’chak settled in G’rar. 7 The men of the place asked him about his wife, and out of fear he said, “She is my sister.” He thought, “If I tell them she’s my wife, they might kill me in order to take Rivkah. After all, she is a beautiful woman.” 8 But one day, after he had lived there a long time, Avimelekh king of the P’lishtim happened to be looking out of a window when he spotted Yitz’chak caressing Rivkah his wife. 9 Avimelekh summoned Yitz’chak and said, “So she is your wife, after all! How come you said, ‘She is my sister’?” Yitz’chak responded, “Because I thought, ‘I could get killed because of her.’” 10 Avimelekh said, “What is this you have done to us? One of the people could easily have slept with your wife, and you would have brought guilt on us!” 11 Then Avimelekh warned all the people: “Whoever touches this man or his wife will certainly be put to death.”

12 Yitz’chak planted crops in that land and reaped that year a hundred times as much as he had sowed. Adonai had blessed him.

(iii) 13 The man became rich and prospered more and more, until he had become very wealthy indeed. 14 He had flocks, cattle and a large household; and the P’lishtim envied him.
15 Now the P’lishtim had stopped up and filled with dirt all the wells his father’s servants had dug during the lifetime of Avraham his father. 16 Avimelekh said to Yitz’chak, “You must go away from us, because you have become much more powerful than we are.” 17 So Yitz’chak left, set up camp in Vadi G’rar and lived there.

18 Yitz’chak reopened the wells which had been dug during the lifetime of Avraham his father, the ones the P’lishtim had stopped up after Avraham died, and called them by the names his father had used for them. 19 Yitz’chak’s servants dug in the vadi and uncovered a spring of running water.

20 But the herdsmen of G’rar quarreled with Yitz’chak’s herdsmen, claiming, “That water is ours!” So he called the well ‘Esek [quarrel], because they quarreled with him.

21 They dug another well and quarreled over that one too. So he called it Sitnah [enmity].

22 He went away from there and dug another well, and over that one they didn’t quarrel. So he called it Rechovot [wide open spaces] and said, “Because now Adonai has made room for us, and we will be productive in the land.”

(iv) 23 From there Yitz’chak went up to Be’er-Sheva. 24 Adonai appeared to him that same night and said, “I am the God of Avraham your father. Don’t be afraid, because I am with you; I will bless you and increase your descendants for the sake of my servant Avraham.”

25 There he built an altar and called on the name of Adonai. He pitched his tent there, and there Yitz’chak’s servants dug a well.

26 Then Avimelekh went to him from G’rar with his friend Achuzat and Pikhol the commander of his army. 27 Yitz’chak said to them, “Why have you come to me, even though you were unfriendly to me and sent me away?” 28 They answered, “We saw very clearly that Adonai has been with you; so we said, ‘Let there be an oath between us: let’s make a pact between ourselves and you 29 that you will not harm us, just as we have not caused you offense but have done you nothing but good and sent you on your way in peace. Now you are blessed by Adonai.’”

(v) 30 Yitz’chak prepared a banquet for them, and they ate and drank. 31 The next morning, they got up early and swore to each other. Then Yitz’chak sent them on their way, and they left him peacefully. 32 That very day Yitz’chak’s servants came and told him about the well they had dug, “We have found water.” 33 So he called it Shiv‘ah [oath, seven], and for this reason the name of the city is Be’er-Sheva [well of seven, well of an oath] to this day.

Last edited by pinacled; 05-11-2018 at 01:42 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 12:57 PM

https://www.chabad.org/parshah/artic...-Companion.htm

But you, how blessed are your eyes, because they see, and your ears, because they hear! 17 Yes indeed! I tell you that many a prophet and many a tzaddik longed to see the things you are seeing but did not see them, and to hear the things you are hearing but did not hear them.

18 “So listen to what the parable of the sower means. 19 Whoever hears the message about the Kingdom, but doesn’t understand it, is like the seed sown along the path — the Evil One comes and seizes what was sown in his heart. 20 The seed sown on rocky ground is like a person who hears the message and accepts it with joy at once, 21 but has no root in himself. So he stays on for a while; but as soon as some trouble or persecution arises on account of the message, he immediately falls away. 22 Now the seed sown among thorns stands for someone who hears the message, but it is choked by the worries of the world and the deceitful glamor of wealth, so that it produces nothing. 23 However, what was sown on rich soil is the one who hears the message and understands it; such a person will surely bear fruit, a hundred or sixty or thirty times what was sown.”

24 Yeshua put before them another parable. “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while people were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, then went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads of grain, the weeds also appeared. 27 The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where have the weeds come from?’ 28 He answered, ‘An enemy has done this.’ The servants asked him, ‘Then do you want us to go and pull them up?’ 29 But he said, ‘No, because if you pull up the weeds, you might uproot some of the wheat at the same time. 30 Let them both grow together until the harvest; and at harvest-time I will tell the reapers to collect the weeds first and tie them in bundles to be burned, but to gather the wheat into my barn.’”

31 Yeshua put before them another parable. “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed which a man takes and sows in his field. 32 It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it grows up it is larger than any garden plant and becomes a tree, so that the birds flying about come and nest in its branches.”

One of favorites is about the tree and the birds.

Now it is I myself, Sha’ul, making an appeal to you with the meekness and forbearance that come from the Messiah, I who am considered timid when face-to-face with you but intimidating from a distance. 2 But I beg you not to force me to be intimidating when I am with you, as I expect to be toward some who regard us as living in a worldly way. 3 For although we do live in the world, we do not wage war in a worldly way; 4 because the weapons we use to wage war are not worldly. On the contrary, they have God’s power for demolishing strongholds. We demolish arguments 5 and every arrogance that raises itself up against the knowledge of God; we take every thought captive and make it obey the Messiah. 6 And when you have become completely obedient, then we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience.

7 You are looking at the surface of things. If anyone is convinced that he belongs to the Messiah, he should remind himself that we belong to the Messiah as much as he does. 8 For even if I boast a little too much about the authority the Lord has given us — authority to build you up, not tear you down — I am not ashamed. 9 My object is not to seem as if I were trying to frighten you with these letters. 10 Someone says, “His letters are weighty and powerful, but when he appears in person he is weak, and as a speaker he is nothing.” 11 Such a person should realize that what we say in our letters when absent, we will do when present.

12 We don’t dare class or compare ourselves with some of the people who advertise themselves. In measuring themselves against each other and comparing themselves with each other, they are simply stupid. 13 We will not boast about what lies outside the area of work which God has given us; rather, we will boast within our assigned area, and that area does reach as far as you. 14 We are not overextending our boasting as if we had not reached as far as you; for we did come all the way to you with the Good News of the Messiah. 15 We do not boast about the area in which others labor; but our hope is that as your trust grows, we will be magnified in your midst in relation to our own area of work, so that we can go on to do even more, 16 namely, to proclaim the Good News in regions beyond you. Our hope is not to boast about the work already done by someone else.

17 So, let anyone who wants to boast, boast about Adonai;[a] 18 because it is not the one who recommends himself who is worthy of approval, but the one whom the Lord recommends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity