U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 01:40 PM

4,040 posts, read 978,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
3s and 4s.
At the heart of the well.
so yes I will. I thought close was better than foolishness. the rest of us are guessing at best.

Quote:
So Yitz’chak settled in G’rar. 7 The men of the place asked him about his wife, and out of fear he said, “She is my sister.” He thought, “If I tell them she’s my wife, they might kill me in order to take Rivkah. After all, she is a beautiful woman.” 8 But one day, after he had lived there a long time, Avimelekh king of the P’lishtim happened to be looking out of a window when he spotted Yitz’chak caressing Rivkah his wife. 9 Avimelekh summoned Yitz’chak and said, “So she is your wife, after all! How come you said, ‘She is my sister’?” Yitz’chak responded, “Because I thought, ‘I could get killed because of her.’” 10 Avimelekh said, “What is this you have done to us? One of the people could easily have slept with your wife, and you would have brought guilt on us!” 11 Then Avimelekh warned all the people: “Whoever touches this man or his wife will certainly be put to death.”

12 Yitz’chak planted crops in that land and reaped that year a hundred times as much as he had sowed. Adonai had blessed him.

(iii) 13 The man became rich and prospered more and more, until he had become very wealthy indeed. 14 He had flocks, cattle and a large household; and the P’lishtim envied him. 15 Now the P’lishtim had stopped up and filled with dirt all the wells his father’s servants had dug during the lifetime of Avraham his father. 16 Avimelekh said to Yitz’chak, “You must go away from us, because you have become much more powerful than we are.” 17 So Yitz’chak left, set up camp in Vadi G’rar and lived there. 18 Yitz’chak reopened the wells which had been dug during the lifetime of Avraham his father, the ones the P’lishtim had stopped up after Avraham died, and called them by the names his father had used for them. 19 Yitz’chak’s servants dug in the vadi and uncovered a spring of running water. 20 But the herdsmen of G’rar quarreled with Yitz’chak’s herdsmen, claiming, “That water is ours!” So he called the well ‘Esek [quarrel], because they quarreled with him. 21 They dug another well and quarreled over that one too. So he called it Sitnah [enmity]. 22 He went away from there and dug another well, and over that one they didn’t quarrel. So he called it Rechovot [wide open spaces] and said, “Because now Adonai has made room for us, and we will be productive in the land.”

(iv) 23 From there Yitz’chak went up to Be’er-Sheva. 24 Adonai appeared to him that same night and said, “I am the God of Avraham your father. Don’t be afraid, because I am with you; I will bless you and increase your descendants for the sake of my servant Avraham.” 25 There he built an altar and called on the name of Adonai. He pitched his tent there, and there Yitz’chak’s servants dug a well.

26 Then Avimelekh went to him from G’rar with his friend Achuzat and Pikhol the commander of his army. 27 Yitz’chak said to them, “Why have you come to me, even though you were unfriendly to me and sent me away?” 28 They answered, “We saw very clearly that Adonai has been with you; so we said, ‘Let there be an oath between us: let’s make a pact between ourselves and you 29 that you will not harm us, just as we have not caused you offense but have done you nothing but good and sent you on your way in peace. Now you are blessed by Adonai.’”

(v) 30 Yitz’chak prepared a banquet for them, and they ate and drank. 31 The next morning, they got up early and swore to each other. Then Yitz’chak sent them on their way, and they left him peacefully. 32 That very day Yitz’chak’s servants came and told him about the well they had dug, “We have found water.” 33 So he called it Shiv‘ah [oath, seven], and for this reason the name of the city is Be’er-Sheva [well of seven, well of an oath] to this day.
I have no clue what this mean!! not even a good guess.
so here is even my best bad guess.....lyeing about your wife means you will find water that day? so is it some kind of spiritual law? hum/.. I know there is some interesting spiritual laws in effect in this world , but this one might top most of them..

or another bad guess... God didn't want people looking at Abraham and sarah fooling around in public... so he made room for them to fool around in private and they had to have a well to do that.....so no one could see them? is that spiritual law? it started with a lie and ended with foooling around in public?
how come that sounds kind of familiar...

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-11-2018 at 02:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 01:58 PM

8,366 posts, read 2,754,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
so yes I will. I thought close was better than foolishness. the rest of us are guessing at best.

I have no clue what this mean!! not even a good guess.
so here is even bad guess.....lyeing about your wife means you will find water that day? so is it some kind of spiritual law? hum/.. I know there is some interesting spiritual laws in effect in this world , but this one might top most of them..
I believe this tells us that even foriegners had knowledge of the Torah, and their reactions speak volumes. Perspectives are told about foreigners that eventually ended with a feast.

even Ole sh,aul wrote about foreigners keeping a torah (law) unto themselves..
Avimelekh summoned Yitz’chak and said, “So she is your wife, after all! How come you said, ‘She is my sister’?” 10 Avimelekh said, “What is this you have done to us? One of the people could easily have slept with your wife, and you would have brought guilt on us!” 11 Then Avimelekh warned all the people: “Whoever touches this man or his wife will certainly be put to death.”

With the number 7 attributed to the well.
I was reminded of seven species of fruit that I believe is very connected with what sh,mon taught and shared about increase.

No blessing is diguised as far as I can see.

Last edited by pinacled; 05-11-2018 at 03:09 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I believe this tells us that even foriegners had knowledge of the Torah, and their reactions speak volumes. Perspectives are told about foreigners that eventually ended with a feast.

even Ole sh,aul wrote about foreigners keeping a torah (law) unto themselves..

With the number 7 attributed to the well.
yes interesting .. I think my bad guesses were more fun... :P
maybe I will save my bad guessing for the joke/entertainment... section of the feasts.. where everyone gets
garlic and dill pickled peas and beans salad , wasabe with fish and rice and pea salsa with chips . but no bad words or sort of bad words either and we will Not talk about birthing . will that work PIN? are you happy Now?
sorry I offended you!.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
maybe I will save my bad guessing for the joke/entertainment... section of the feasts.. where everyone gets
garlic and dill pickled peas and beans salad , wasabe with fish and rice and pea salsa with chips . but no bad words or sort of bad words either and we will Not talk about birthing . will that work PIN? are you happy Now?
sorry I offended you!.
Therefore I say unto you, Be not anxious for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than the food, and the body than the raiment? 26 Behold the birds of the heaven, that they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not ye of much more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit unto [a]the measure of his life? 28 And why are ye anxious concerning raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29 yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

oh no, you dont offend me.
i believe i understood your meaning about being mindful of discretion while showing affection for a spouse.
allthough, there are times when ive had my heart melt while thinking about the birds.
some women might see how the females are not arrayed as colorful as the males and become disheartened.
When they should never be ashamed of how meekly arrayed they are. No, the males being colorfully arrayed have made a sincere sacrifice to court a mate.
All of nature Sings
https://www.biblestudytools.com/topi...-about-nature/

Last edited by pinacled; 05-11-2018 at 02:40 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
sorry I offended you!.
be mindful of the four eagles when offered coals...?

Old 05-11-2018, 03:39 PM

and that idea of the birds reminds me of the Wodaabee's Garawol.. it is ancient thing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=woda...w=1680&bih=860

there the girls and or women pick the most perfect mate or sometimes husbands at these dances. ....so yes they are doing that for a mating/ matings , to have the most perfect children and thus their hope is for healthy babies that live .. ... and yes the men look like colorful birds.. you can find hints of the clothing and such in all the sea peoples and especially the Minoahs. where the standard was for the men to be beautiful or perfect and parade around. Not like the women in our culture who wear as much war paint as the males in that...to try and get a mate.

I am sure some males have made bigger sacrifices than others.
just speaking about the sons of God who fell is a sad reminder of his verse.. Sng 8:7

Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

if they only would have waited..

Old 05-11-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
be mindful of the four eagles when offered coals...?
to tired to even ask.. but maybe tomarrow you can explain this .. I don't know four eagles either.. .. It appears I do't know much.. but there is no reference is scriptures to 4 eagles.. so talk to you maybe tomarrow PIN..

LUVU!

well.. wait maybe " two sets of twins, but it says " wings like a stork" which is just like a sea eagle/kite? no coal... just some lead..

Old 05-11-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
to tired to even ask.. but maybe tomarrow you can explain this .. I don't know four eagles either.. .. It appears I do't know much.. but there is no reference is scriptures to 4 eagles.. so talk to you maybe tomarrow PIN..

LUVU!

well.. wait maybe " two sets of twins, but it says " wings like a stork" which is just like a sea eagle/kite? no coal... just some lead..
Always remember,
It's not so much about what is said that is important.
It's what isn't said.

Life is more than rainment."
Ears, eyes, hands, feet.

Yub u tu.

in the first year of his reign, I, dan,yl, understood from the Scriptures, according to the Word of the LORD given to yirmiyahu(jeremiah)the prophet, that the desolation of yer;hu,shalem..(jerusalem) would last seventy years.

Last edited by pinacled; 05-11-2018 at 07:11 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Always remember,
It's not so much about what is said that is important.
It's what isn't said.

Life is more than rainment."
Ears, eyes, hands, feet.

Yub u tu.

in the first year of his reign, I, dan,yl, understood from the Scriptures, according to the Word of the LORD given to yirmiyahu(jeremiah)the prophet, that the desolation of yer;hu,shalem..(jerusalem) would last seventy years.
ok so that means now a person don't not only have to try worry about what the scripture says comparing scripture to scriptures... if that isn't hard enough.. but what it doesnt say also? .. well I am about sure I will
leave all that important stuff like that up to you fellas to argue about .....
well I think I won"t say what else I think. PIN..
still love you though. .
;P

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 05-11-2018 at 07:58 PM..

Old 05-11-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
ok so that means now a person don't not only have to try worry about the scripture says comparing scripture to scriptures... if that isn't hard enough.. but what it doesnt say also? or what it isn't saying a also.. well I am about sure I will
leave all that important stuff like that that up to you fellas..
well I think I won"t say what else I think. PIN..
still love you though. .
;P
Ears, eyes, hands, feet.
It's not so much about what is said . But was isnt.
Where is the voice concerned when offerred a coal.
When offerred a Blessing who doubts and considers what is clean when the Heart is whole?
Again, be mindfull of the eagles.
To count wings is consider the wind that stoked the Fire.
And our Lord whom holds the fan is the Holy One whom I speak of.

"For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands."

Courage Sis,
For the begining of wisdom is fear.
"Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit." Ir hakodesh"

yeshayahu
"Seraphim were standing above him; they each had six wings: with two they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they flew."

Last edited by pinacled; 05-11-2018 at 08:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity