Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2017, 06:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Have you heard of humilty first.

The sages speak of the hind. And naphtali is arranged to the north

21Naphtali is a swift gazelle; [he is one] who utters beautiful words.

Shoftim - Judges - Chapter 5 - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

So may perish all Your enemies, O Lord; but they that love Him (should be) as the sun when he goes forth in his might." And the land rested forty years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2017, 11:35 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
'Bashan of the Menassites'

I noticed this word is kind of familiar. thanks PIN been looking for it in his word.. just couldn't find a spelling that would come up on any search engines. but there it is..
.interesting the good old mengewi.. they coming back in fashion again.
but I think that is where some important stuff happens someday... out there in bashan.. hum interesting.
I never actually saw their name in the Word like that before.. wow. I see it lots of places like sumerian kings lists and such like all over the new world.. . but I hadn't found it in his word yet.. but there it is.. yes there it is..
Oaks of Bashan and cedars of Lebanon.

All the trees and vines and thorns and harvests and flowers, animals, insects, birds all have their names lol, it is fun to put the trees in order.Every hill and every valley has such great meaning, lesrn the hills and trees, and the vales the most.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:07 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,043,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Oaks of Bashan and cedars of Lebanon.

All the trees and vines and thorns and harvests and flowers, animals, insects, birds all have their names lol, it is fun to put the trees in order.Every hill and every valley has such great meaning, lesrn the hills and trees, and the vales the most.

Which is why I've always said all one has to do to have faith and know He wrote it all, is look up all the names of people, places and things in there. Peace

Old 09-05-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Shoftim - Judges - Chapter 5 - Tanakh Online - Torah - Bible

So may perish all Your enemies, O Lord; but they that love Him (should be) as the sun when he goes forth in his might." And the land rested forty years.

He held in His right hand seven stars, and a sharp double-edged sword came from His mouth. His face was like the sun shining at its brightest.

From heaven they fought; the stars from their courses fought against Sisera.
The brook Kishon swept them away, that ancient brook, the brook Kishon; tread down, O my soul, (their) strength.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Which is why I've always said all one has to do to have faith and know He wrote it all, is look up all the names of people, places and things in there. Peace

I can hear her singing, along with a voice of many waters.

Old 09-05-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Amen.
God gave the tribe of Reuben Hosea as a member, and Reuben was given a reward in the future world.[2]

I was recalling something ole han. had written about hosea and the latter rains

And Leah conceived and bore a son, and she named him Reuben, for she said, "Because the Lord has seen my affliction, for now my husband will love me."

Old 09-05-2017, 03:30 PM

10,022 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
I was wondering somewhat.
Where the three men who saw His star, descendants from these three?
Since caravans were comprised of more than three men, then the 'un-numbered magi ' (and un-named) must have been more than three. However, the number of gifts were three gifts. Any thoughts if the gifts could have stood for anything.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Since caravans were comprised of more than three men, then the 'un-numbered magi ' (and un-named) must have been more than three. However, the number of gifts were three gifts. Any thoughts if the gifts could have stood for anything.
yes, three gifts.
Do you know them in the Spirit, ole paul spoke of them if i remember correctly.

Something likened to a well with three flocks. from what ive heard a single rock was moved to cover it.

So i imagine the rock being moved to water the flocks and gather all of those that hear.
They would see His Star.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Have you heard of humilty first.

The sages speak of the hind. And naphtali is arranged to the north

21Naphtali is a swift gazelle; [he is one] who utters beautiful words.

kinda reminds me of an oryx.

Old 09-05-2017, 04:38 PM

10,022 posts, read 4,963,384 times
Quote:
yes, three gifts.
Do you know them in the Spirit, ole paul spoke of them if i remember correctly.
Something likened to a well with three flocks. from what ive heard a single rock was moved to cover it.
So i imagine the rock being moved to water the flocks and gather all of those that hear.
They would see His Star.
The literal 3 gifts from the magi was, as we know: gold, frankincense, and myrrh.
To me that means the gold would be the money that would take the family to escape to Egypt.
The frankincense, since it was used in worship, then showing a worship or homage for ' king ' Jesus.
The myrrh stood for Jesus' future burial as myrrh was used in connection to preparing dead bodies - John 19:39-40.

There are many ' gifts of the spirit '. ( Jesus' baptism for one )
I count 9 manifestations in the operation of God's spirit from ole Paul found at 1st Corinthians 12:7-11; 14:24-26.

1. speaking with wisdom
2. speaking with accurate knowledge
3. having faith
4. healings from the 1st-century apostles.
5. powerful or miraculous works
6. being able to prophecy
7.discerning those inspired words
8. being able to speak in different languages or mother tongues in fulfillment of Joel's prophecy - Acts 1:13-15; Acts 2:1-47.
9. being able to interpret to others as in to translate what might Not be understood - 1st Corinthians 14:5,11,13-19; 12:10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity