U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-29-2017, 11:13 PM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Reputation: 658

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is the part i have been trying to get you to see, they are not eternal life, they testify of the one who IS. It is not that hard to understand , One IS eternal Life and One Isn't.

And what Spirit wrote them again? Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-29-2017, 11:18 PM
 
Location: East Coast
30,209 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And what Spirit wrote them again? Peace
Eternal Life is NOT dependent on the scriptures, the one you claim wrote the scriptures said this. So who do you believe ?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2017, 11:31 PM
 
37,531 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And what Spirit wrote them again? Peace
No spirit wrote them. Men did. They were inspired by the Holy Spirit, but they were fallible and flawed and their interpretations were driven by their lack of knowledge, superstitions, and primitive beliefs about God. That is why we need to test the spirit of everything they wrote against the Holy Spirit of agape love as described in detail and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. You refuse to do so and you refuse to describe the characteristics you use to identify what is and what is not from the Holy Spirit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2017, 03:11 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No spirit wrote them. Men did. They were inspired by the Holy Spirit, but they were fallible and flawed and their interpretations were driven by their lack of knowledge, superstitions, and primitive beliefs about God. That is why we need to test the spirit of everything they wrote against the Holy Spirit of agape love as described in detail and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus. You refuse to do so and you refuse to describe the characteristics you use to identify what is and what is not from the Holy Spirit.

And you are bypassing the gift of discerning of spirits by what you are doing, which comes through the Holy Ghost you have rejected, and therefore is a work of the flesh. Further, we are not told to test the spirits that way. Both of these things you ignore in favor of your own brand of "discernment". Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2017, 03:24 AM
 
9,169 posts, read 2,784,110 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Eternal Life is NOT dependent on the scriptures, the one you claim wrote the scriptures said this. So who do you believe ?.

Well let me requote Daqq's most excellent post on the subject, which you ignored the first time around...something this good should be shared over and over and over....


"Stephen says by the context, (and therefore the author, "Luke", likewise says), that the Torah contains the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, Living Words which Moses and the fathers received to give to the people:

Acts 7:37-38
37 This is that same Moshe who said to the sons of Yisrael, "YHWH your Elohim shall raise up a Prophet unto you from among your brethren, like unto me."
38 This is the one who was in the congregation in the desert, with the Messenger-Angel who spoke to him in mount Sinai, and to our fathers, who received Living Oracles [λογια ζωντα] to give to us:

λογια ζωντα = Living Oracles / Living Sayings / Living Words = the Torah

Romans 3:1-2
1 What advantage then has the Yhudi? or what is the profit of circumcision?
2 Much every way: first of all, that they were entrusted with the Oracles of Elohim [τα λογια του θεου].

τα λογια του θεου = the Oracles-Sayings-Words of Elohim(God)

Hebrews 5:12-13
12 For when by reason of the time you ought to be teachers, you rather have need again that someone teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the Oracles of Elohim, [των λογιων του θεου] and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food:
13 For every one partaking of milk is inexperienced in the Word of Righteousness, [λογου δικαιοσυνης] for he is a babe.

των λογιων του θεου ~ the Oracles of Elohim(God)
λογου δικαιοσυνης ~ the Word of Righteousness

And by the context:

των λογιων του θεου = λογου δικαιοσυνης

Therefore, I say, the Living Torah is the Living Testimony of the Living Father, and therefore the Living Torah is His Living Son: for Testimony is Spirit according to the Testimony of the Son, (John 6:63). And therefore those who "abolish" the Torah from their own hearts and minds do likewise at the same time "abolish" the Son of Elohim from their own hearts and minds: for the Son of Elohim is himself the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, and Living Words of Elohim which are the Torah. And because of these things having been plainly written, in manifold New Testament passages as shown above: this is the teaching of all of the Apostolic authors and their writings. In other words this is not just "my opinion" but that of Stephen, who according to the author of Acts was full of the Holy Spirit, (even saying that his face shown as that of an angel before the council, Acts 6:15), and therefore it is the "opinion" of the author of Acts, "Luke", and therefore likewise Paul, and likewise the author of the epistle to the Hebrews as shown above, and Peter likewise speaks in the same terms and manner concerning the Oracles of Elohim, (1Peter 4:11). "
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2017, 04:58 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,209 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Reputation: 2107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well let me requote Daqq's most excellent post on the subject, which you ignored the first time around...something this good should be shared over and over and over....


"Stephen says by the context, (and therefore the author, "Luke", likewise says), that the Torah contains the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, Living Words which Moses and the fathers received to give to the people:

Acts 7:37-38
37 This is that same Moshe who said to the sons of Yisrael, "YHWH your Elohim shall raise up a Prophet unto you from among your brethren, like unto me."
38 This is the one who was in the congregation in the desert, with the Messenger-Angel who spoke to him in mount Sinai, and to our fathers, who received Living Oracles [λογια ζωντα] to give to us:

λογια ζωντα = Living Oracles / Living Sayings / Living Words = the Torah

Romans 3:1-2
1 What advantage then has the Yhudi? or what is the profit of circumcision?
2 Much every way: first of all, that they were entrusted with the Oracles of Elohim [τα λογια του θεου].

τα λογια του θεου = the Oracles-Sayings-Words of Elohim(God)

Hebrews 5:12-13
12 For when by reason of the time you ought to be teachers, you rather have need again that someone teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the Oracles of Elohim, [των λογιων του θεου] and are become such as have need of milk, and not of solid food:
13 For every one partaking of milk is inexperienced in the Word of Righteousness, [λογου δικαιοσυνης] for he is a babe.

των λογιων του θεου ~ the Oracles of Elohim(God)
λογου δικαιοσυνης ~ the Word of Righteousness

And by the context:

των λογιων του θεου = λογου δικαιοσυνης

Therefore, I say, the Living Torah is the Living Testimony of the Living Father, and therefore the Living Torah is His Living Son: for Testimony is Spirit according to the Testimony of the Son, (John 6:63). And therefore those who "abolish" the Torah from their own hearts and minds do likewise at the same time "abolish" the Son of Elohim from their own hearts and minds: for the Son of Elohim is himself the Living Oracles, Living Sayings, and Living Words of Elohim which are the Torah. And because of these things having been plainly written, in manifold New Testament passages as shown above: this is the teaching of all of the Apostolic authors and their writings. In other words this is not just "my opinion" but that of Stephen, who according to the author of Acts was full of the Holy Spirit, (even saying that his face shown as that of an angel before the council, Acts 6:15), and therefore it is the "opinion" of the author of Acts, "Luke", and therefore likewise Paul, and likewise the author of the epistle to the Hebrews as shown above, and Peter likewise speaks in the same terms and manner concerning the Oracles of Elohim, (1Peter 4:11). "
Again i will ask you why did Jesus say that eternal life is Not in the scriptures, why is a greater than Solomon here, why did the Father say listen to him, him who if he was around today would be rejected by 99.9% of churches because he 99.9% of the time never used the scriptures? . His use of the scripture was to correct fundies or to cofirm who he was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2017, 05:02 AM
 
Location: East Coast
30,209 posts, read 19,991,820 times
Reputation: 2107
Can you stick this in your hebrew translating machine. You will see that which is written is only confirming what is living within us.


They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.


Proof that God is in ALL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2017, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Booth Texas
13,296 posts, read 4,249,941 times
Reputation: 1301
A New Covenant






Jeremiah
…32not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. 33"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.


Why do people outside of Judaism assume that this scripture is speaking about their heart?


This promise is to those Gentiles who came repenting of their involvement with Paganism, they come repenting of all the sins of Jeroboam where they rejected the Sabbaths and feasts and even the holy city of Jerusalem.


Those righteous gentiles because one stick with Jews when they converted to the religion of Messiah, and those Gentiles became Israel,'' Ephraim,''


God came to Jews and Gentiles who had converted and became one with Jews, he promised THEM.




THAT IS HIS COVENANT WITH THEM.


WHAT WOULD THIS HAVE OT DO WITH CHRISTIANS TODAY WHO ARE NOT EPHRAIM, WHO HAVE NOT COME CONVERTING TO JUDAISM, WHO REMAIN ENEMIES TO JUDAH AND WHO REJECT JERUSALEM?


THE PROMISE IS TO EPHRAIM AND JUDAH, NOT GENTILE LIVING IN BABYLON WHO ARE AGAINST JUDAH, AGAINST THE WAYS OF GOD AND AGAINST JERUSALEM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2017, 08:27 AM
 
8,366 posts, read 2,747,607 times
Reputation: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Again i will ask you why did Jesus say that eternal life is Not in the scriptures, why is a greater than Solomon here, why did the Father say listen to him, him who if he was around today would be rejected by 99.9% of churches because he 99.9% of the time never used the scriptures? . His use of the scripture was to correct fundies or to cofirm who he was.
"because he 99.9% of the time never used the scriptures"

Blasphemy. Count one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2017, 08:36 AM
 
8,366 posts, read 2,747,607 times
Reputation: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you stick this in your hebrew translating machine. You will see that which is written is only confirming what is living within us.


They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.


Proof that God is in ALL.
"Can you stick this in your hebrew translating machine."

And here is your tell.
Envy and pride leads to destruction.

Do not love as cain loved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top