Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2017, 09:17 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,042,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Thanks for bringing back the orig topic...and I agree.

Thought I'd mention, I know that being a person that constantly talks about things people either know
already or get sick of hearing is counterproductive...we even see it here in the forum.
It ends up being a source of polarization rather than unification and spreading of any knowledge.
A mystery is why they can not see what they are doing.

This was in relation to you bringing up 'walking the walk/ preaching doesn't change people'...anyone that out of touch
with basic human behavior that can not see how their words are turning so many off
has a message that is questionable...
Not having absorbed through quiet observation the natural wisdom that creates finesse and charm in
interacting with others, I mean.

Being filled with the Holy Spirit shows in a person in every way...especially in kindness, sensitivity, thoughtfulness,
meeting a person on their level, all qualities of love which is the core
and only quality of the Holy Spirit...as opposed to ..well... what goes in here often.

i kinda went on and on...point is, thanks Lyndarn.

WHAT was that topic again? Kinda hard to tell from this post. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2017, 09:19 AM

Something else to avoid like the plague....^^^ demonic "channeling". Peace

Old 09-01-2017, 11:52 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
I gave my Urantia book away...I knew i would never get to it.

Thanks for your input

Old 09-01-2017, 02:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
In all sincerity, Rbbi ... What is that you want other people to get from what you are saying, in a nutshell, and why do you believe it's important to them to hear it? In other words, in keeping with the theme of the thread ... What's your mission?
She wants to be recognized as some sort of spiritual guide or guru.

Old 09-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Not hardly. All I do is tell people to use the word and obey the Spirit. Neither of which involve me at all. But since your flesh doesn't like to hear that, it raises up in opposition. It's called the wheat and the tares being raised up together. Sort of the same thing as the natural creation law where every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You learn to expect it, and since it's part of His process, it's not even personal, it just IS. Peace

Old 09-01-2017, 03:01 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
I thought the Holy Spirit would teach us and comfort us...obey?
What do you mean obey....(I know what I mean by it, what do you mean..)

Old 09-01-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Not hardly. All I do is tell people to use the word and obey the Spirit. Neither of which involve me at all. But since your flesh doesn't like to hear that, it raises up in opposition. It's called the wheat and the tares being raised up together. Sort of the same thing as the natural creation law where every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You learn to expect it, and since it's part of His process, it's not even personal, it just IS. Peace
It has to do with having a sound mind, and a Spiritual knowing.

Old 09-01-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:

The only sound mind is the mind of Christ and He didn't bash His Father's words, He elevated them. THAT is the mind which was in Christ Jesus. Peace

Old 09-01-2017, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The only sound mind is the mind of Christ and He didn't bash His Father's words, He elevated them. THAT is the mind which was in Christ Jesus. Peace
And what part of what I said, did you miss?

Old 09-01-2017, 04:03 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,269 times
Quote:
Amen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity