Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 09:33 AM

33,220 posts, read 26,406,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Peace be unto YOU

Et "coom" spiritu tuo.

(CD censors do not allow me to spell the Latin word. Must resort to phonetics.)
Not even close.

The Greek is Εἰρήνη ὑμῖν which the Latin Vulgate translates as 'pax vobis' - peace to you.

Assuming that 'coom' stands in for 'c um,' then 'Et c um spiritu tuo' translates as 'and with your spirit.'

No space between the 'c' and the 'u' in c um, but necessary because of the CD censor function.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 09:54 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Only you can answer that. "I don't believe any inspiration outside the Bible" is one possible answer. Isn't one of the themes in the Bible about the "new"? It's a good thing you didn't live 2000 years ago.
probably it's more 'a good thing' you didn't since your reaction is the same as those who hated Jesus then and at least can read what their hate resulted in, condemnation.

Which because of that, it gives you the time of grace to listen to the 2000 yr old message ... Repent! now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation

Stop using the excuse of having been in a cult for not heeding the truth.

Old 08-31-2017, 09:59 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
probably it's more 'a good thing' you didn't since your reaction is the same as those who hated Jesus then and at least can read what their hate resulted in condemnation, which gives you the time of grace to listen to the 2000 yr old message ... Repent! now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation

Stop using the excuse of having been in a cult for not heeding the truth.
Can you draw the parallel for me how I'm reacting as those who hated Jesus? I honestly don't see it.

Being raised in a cult has given me a different perspective, not an excuse.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:09 AM

465 posts, read 235,694 times
Luke 12:51-52 "Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three.

John 7:12 There was much grumbling among the crowds concerning Him; some were saying, "He is a good man"; others were saying, "No, on the contrary, He leads the people astray."

John 7:40-43 Some of the people therefore, when they heard these words, were saying, "This certainly is the Prophet." Others were saying, "This is the Christ." Still others were saying, "Surely the Christ is not going to come from Galilee, is He? "Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the descendants of David, and from Bethlehem, the village where David was?

1 Thessalonians 5:3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Better be sure that Peace be with you, as in other words, the Spiritual Kingdom.

Have no keys to death makes its ways to settle what is to be settled, then Nun.

'But he's a primordial good we never heard of' but he's found in Joshua chapter 1.

'Well who is he?' is the answer that God chose the people of God were Egyptians.

'But they were pagans!' as self-assured as one can get; they were the Christians.

'But that was before there was a Savior of the world' but God never saved it then.

As the days of Noah were, they were eating and drinking to God was their cursing!

"Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance" ink.

God shall have his way with the world and how money will hold no parts Isaiah 19~

Corporate control of the world and all associated with it will find no place with sun.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:38 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Rules View Post
Luke 12:51-52 "Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three.

John 7:12 There was much grumbling among the crowds concerning Him; some were saying, "He is a good man"; others were saying, "No, on the contrary, He leads the people astray."

John 7:40-43 Some of the people therefore, when they heard these words, were saying, "This certainly is the Prophet." Others were saying, "This is the Christ." Still others were saying, "Surely the Christ is not going to come from Galilee, is He? "Has not the Scripture said that the Christ comes from the descendants of David, and from Bethlehem, the village where David was?

1 Thessalonians 5:3 While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Better be sure that Peace be with you, as in other words, the Spiritual Kingdom.

Have no keys to death makes its ways to settle what is to be settled, then Nun.

'But he's a primordial good we never heard of' but he's found in Joshua chapter 1.

'Well who is he?' is the answer that God chose the people of God were Egyptians.

'But they were pagans!' as self-assured as one can get; they were the Christians.

'But that was before there was a Savior of the world' but God never saved it then.

As the days of Noah were, they were eating and drinking to God was their cursing!

"Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance" ink.

God shall have his way with the world and how money will hold no parts Isaiah 19~

Corporate control of the world and all associated with it will find no place with sun.
When you think from a fundamentalist mindset you tend to look at everything in a negative light. The division Jesus Christ causes is not one of discord, but one that cuts us off from our old thoughts and ways and transforms us into his likeness.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:57 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Discuss? Sure. But there are 3-4 people that routinely attack it. They lecture us on why it's wrong to believe it, wrong to read it, and wrong to follow it. They tell us that instead, we should follow mystical feelings because that's supposedly what said Bible tells them. That's called circular reasoning--to use the Bible to condemn Bible study.
When we say to follow the "Guide" Jesus promised, we do not talk about "mystical feelings" as if there were no bases for judgement OF those feelings. Don't get us confused with Rbbi1. You will ALWAYS find us telling you that we TEST by checking against the nature OF that Spirit as taught by Jesus.

It would help if you acknowledged this point and discussed it rather than making baseless innuendos.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
It's also circular reasoning to use the Bible to prove the Bible or the God it speaks of then. You should be able to explain why you believe what you do without pointing to an authority. These mystical experiences you are referring to are not so mystical or uncommon.
NOR can they be credited without some basis in acknowledging the nature of the Word as taught by Jesus.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Not even close.

The Greek is Εἰρήνη ὑμῖν which the Latin Vulgate translates as 'pax vobis' - peace to you.

Assuming that 'coom' stands in for 'c um,' then 'Et c um spiritu tuo' translates as 'and with your spirit.'

No space between the 'c' and the 'u' in c um, but necessary because of the CD censor function.
Yes, that was the point. "et c um spiritu tu" is the liturgical response when the priest says "pax vobiscum."

Old 08-31-2017, 11:10 AM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
When we say to follow the "Guide" Jesus promised, we do not talk about "mystical feelings" as if there were no bases for judgement OF those feelings. Don't get us confused with Rbbi1. You will ALWAYS find us telling you that we TEST by checking against the nature OF that Spirit as taught by Jesus.

It would help if you acknowledged this point and discussed it rather than making baseless innuendos.
I'm thinking maybe he just hasn't experienced it to write it off as mystical. From what I read up on the subject it's not mystical at all, it's part of the human experience. I've talked to Rbbi and she has had the same type of experiences as well. She just came up with different answers. I believe that to be because we have different life stories to draw upon.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:15 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,038,804 times
Quote:
I'm thinking maybe he just hasn't experienced it to write it off as mystical. From what I read up on the subject it's not mystical at all, it's part of the human experience. I've talked to Rbbi and she has had the same type of experiences as well. She just came up with different answers. I believe that to be because we have different life stories to draw upon.

THANK YOU, for giving my experience credibility. I think you have to have changed literally from one moment to the next, to "get" it, perhaps? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity