Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2017, 08:46 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
None of that proves Jesus ever said he was God.

Sounds like you are bellowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Mighta' hit a nerve, Ron.

Scratch a fundamentalist and the pus and bile start oozing.
Hit a nerve in bigoted hater with the truth and the only scratching is them exposing themselves for being who they accuse others of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
None of that proves Jesus ever said he was God.

Sounds like you are bellowing.
psst ... once you run out of bellowing air, you'd might figure out that none of points listed was given to prove that Jesus is God.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:53 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
psst ... once you run out of bellowing air, you'd might figure out that none of points listed was given to prove that Jesus is God.
So you decided to go off topic and make your screed about women. Women who were considered to be property.

I remain d on topic. None of what your screed proves Jesus is God.

Old 09-08-2017, 08:53 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I really am not seeing a distinction here, Chanokh. His father, our father. If saying God is his father makes Jesus God, then how is saying that God is OUR Father any different? Jesus also said that Sabbath was made for humanity, not humanity for the Sabbath, so does this also make humanity equal with God?
It seems to me you do not want to understand. It were the Jews that made the statement that Jesus was making Himself equal with God, it was an accusation because they understood what He was implying in a specific reference to working on the Sabbath as the Father works on the Sabbath. They sought to kill Him because they considered it blasphemy to be making yourself out to be equal to God. A child can understand this..

Your other question seems even worse, you are simply defying all rules of logic when you say that calling yourself "Lord of the Sabbath" is the same as saying "The Sabbath was made for humanity, not humanity for the Sabbath" - and your logic is: if Lord in verse a. = God, then humanity in verse b. must be God aswell.

@ronko Okay so explain to me, when Thomas called Jesus God in the text I quoted earlier, then why does Jesus not rebuke Thomas instantly?

Old 09-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Hit a nerve in bigoted hater with the truth and the only scratching is them exposing themselves for being who they accuse others of.
Ahh you consider your screed to be truth. The truth is Jesus never said he was God.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Ahh you consider your screed to be truth. The truth is Jesus never said he was God.
Well first of all, you do not actually know that, not all that Jesus said was written in the New Testament. And second of all, as pointed out earlier, Jesus also didn't say "I am a man". Your little magic formula that because these literal words do not occur in the Bible therefore Jesus is not God, is quite silly and childish at best.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
It seems to me you do not want to understand. It were the Jews that made the statement that Jesus was making Himself equal with God, it was an accusation because they understood what He was implying in a specific reference to working on the Sabbath as the Father works on the Sabbath. They sought to kill Him because they considered it blasphemy to be making yourself out to be equal to God. A child can understand this..

Your other question seems even worse, you are simply defying all rules of logic when you say that calling yourself "Lord of the Sabbath" is the same as saying "The Sabbath was made for humanity, not humanity for the Sabbath" - and your logic is: if Lord in verse a. = God, then humanity in verse b. must be God aswell.

@ronko Okay so explain to me, when Thomas called Jesus God in the text I quoted earlier, then why does Jesus not rebuke Thomas instantly?

Jesus allegedly not correcting Thomas does not prove Jesus was God.

Jesus never said he was God. That is my logic. I would think such a thing would be something he would mention a few times. Jesus was not a modest man.

Rome killed Jesus.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Well first of all, you do not actually know that, not all that Jesus said was written in the New Testament. And second of all, as pointed out earlier, Jesus also didn't say "I am a man". Your little magic formula that because these literal words do not occur in the Bible therefore Jesus is not God, is quite silly and childish at best.
Again you have a false equivalency.

If Jesus did not mention he was a God then I see no reason to believe he is a God. Your insistence he is a God is silly and childish at best.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
So you decided to go off topic and make your screed about women. Women who were considered to be property.

I remain d on topic. None of what your screed proves Jesus is God.
Actually, I remained on your agenda topic ... just you haven't run out of bellowing yet to have it dawn in between your hateful bigotry that you would have rejected the same Jesus who is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Quote:
Anybody can claim that title ... so Jesus said to those who wanted to substantiate his claim, look to the miracles that he preformed as proof.

So my "screed" is not mine but Jesus' own screed as God's Word the Holy Bible so teaches.

2 Timothy 3:15 - John 20:31

Last edited by twin.spin; 09-08-2017 at 09:24 AM..

Old 09-08-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Again you have a false equivalency.

If Jesus did not mention he was a God then I see no reason to believe he is a God. Your insistence he is a God is silly and childish at best.
As I have mentioned there is plenthy of evidence for it, you just refuse to believe and accept it. The Bible says that we hold the truth down in unrighteousness, which is what you do. Romans 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; But one day you will see the Truth, you will see Jesus Christ with your own eyes ronko, and He will be your Judge. I will leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity